UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

It’s sad this crap continues in our game by fools like #16 on Merrimack. I’m glad that their AD did immediate investigation & kicked him out of the program postgame as well as apologized to our entire locker room. That team is pretty classless in both games we played them since they came to AE. They are leaving for MAC next year good riddance. You win national championships at D2 level act with some sort of class. 

• Like 3

No it happened in 3rd quarter like 4:22 to play DM #16 said some bad $iena to Amos. Silas went after the dirt bag sticking up for his teammate - the scrum started while faceoff was happening after the goal Merrimack scored to make it 11-5. You don’t need to know exactly what was said it’s hate speech is bottom line & should not be happening at all. 

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Don’t get X; is there anywhere to read more about the full story? As I said in my game post—GOOD RIDDANCE to Mack.

Haudenosaunee Nationals have posted a statement about the incident via a posting on their Instagram account.

Edited by cwdickens
clarify

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Don’t get X; is there anywhere to read more about the full story? As I said in my game post—GOOD RIDDANCE to Mack.

During the Thompson years, as I recall from reports, the Drexal players committed similar actions.  However, we continue to play the Drexal Dragons.

9 hours ago, alum73 said:

As Lyle said in the article, he ignored it

Racism should never be ignored. Lyle did NOT ignore it, just let his play be his response; and obviously has talked about it often throughout  the years to educate and teach.

I am sure your quote was NOT condoning Racism, just commenting how the current players involved handled it. IMHO UA and the team pretty much handled it appropriately.  Sometimes one must "walk softly and carry a big stick."

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1