UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

RACC ROWDIES

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For any of you who know the AE a bit better than the rest of us...are there any players on the UNH men's team who has a quick temper, etc? Kind of like Levi's (although I don't think it is wholly justified) reputation is with our opponents.

I just ask so we can pick another guy to chant after on their team. We def had fun with Santiago and Spencer last night. Even got Santiago distracted enough at one point (as GD84 mentioned) to look over at us and then point us to SBU's HUGE 3-point lead everly in the half. For some reason he wouldn't look over in the second half for me to do him the same favor and point out our lead. Hmmm.. :P

I must say that if this support for the RACC Rowdies continues, it will be hard for visiting teams to win in Albany. The way those endzones are set up, students are right on top of the action and can annoy opponents. I really think this concept could take off. When you have players and coaches coming over after games to give you their thanks, that has to be a great feeling for the fans.

Actually I was surprised that the RACC Rowdies didn't go after Stony Brooks coach,

the (in)famou Nick Macarchuk and that foolish "Evil Empire" posturing by their AD,

more vigorously. Macarchuk is a guy who looks like he's always at issue with the refs. And the way he rides his players must make him a real gem to play for :-/

Another Macarchuk magic moment last night. McCalum got called for the tech after hanging on the rim (I belive the Rowdies were chanting "10 point lead" at that point.) Macarchuk calls timeout and goes right after Poppoko for some reason. I think he yelled at him for the whole timeout while McCalum stood off to the side.

As an aside to Patch. I'm really disappointed you'd single out an opposing player for mockery. Really unsportsmanlike and beneath you.

BTW here's Janev's picture so you'll know what he looks like.

janev.jpg

Wow, thanks for the help guys! Although Blagoj Janev is a bit hard to pronounce...lol. We'll see what happens.

As for us making fun of their coach, I couldn't remember his freakin name (although I remembered him from last year and was ready for him)! We were heckling him a bit, but didn't get too many chants going except "Get Off The Court" and "Bobby Knight."

I also like how we are right down there on top of them. Especially when they're inbounding, you KNOW they can hear EVERY word you say. :D

during the game me and Craig tried to get a "Darth Vador" chant going. I was actually thinking of going to the PArty city to see if i could find a Star Wars suite. We got on the coach also. We chanted "Knight Want a be" and "get off the court"