UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lucious' technical

Technicals are Technicals are Technicals.......

Each Technical is different and each is judged on their own merit and the past transgressions of the person T'd.

What ever transpired will be judged by the coaching staff. In this case with Lu who is a pretty calm player with no real track record of being out of control I'm sure what ever happened is over and there will very little said about it.

Please remember Levi had several transgressions before he was sat for a game.

And while it seemed Coach Brown was upset by the technical, he didn't overreact towards Lu.

There was more to Levi's suspension that just the tech at Lehigh. There was some exchange with the Lehigh student section if I recall. I can't see Lu getting suspended for what happened last night.

As for the bottle caps or whatever was being thrown at the BU bench. I'm not sure what happened but I was sorry to see it happen to Wolfe who seems like a classy coach. A very small percentage of the students in attendance making everyone look bad. I thought it was a nice move on Brown's part to address the crowd over the PA system.

A very small percentage of the students in attendance making everyone look bad. I thought it was a nice move on Brown's part to address the crowd over the PA system.

I thought it was unbeleivable that I was seeing the Coach address the crowd, telling them to act properly. I never imagined a situation like that at UA.

Usually its very calm at the RACC with 1500-2000 fans.

As for Coch Wolfe, I think Coach Brown was somewhat embarrassed that stuff was being thrown at the BU bench. In all I've read and heard Coach Brown has tremendous respect for Coach Wolfe and the BU Program .

The Wave was great too!!!!!

Obviously a great night for the program. Student attendance and energy made for a "big time" college hoop atmosphere. Lucious was great out of the box, Jamar had a good second half, and Siggers made some big time shots when things were starting to get shaky.

My only complaint was a certain negativism from student sections even when we were playing well. Besides the bottle cap incident (which was overblown to begin with) there were too many "Boston Sucks" and "F.U. B.U." chants which, in my view, were unimaginative and unnecessary. Those kind of negative chants usually come from a school with a "chip on its shoulder', or an inferiority complex.

We are the team to beat in the AE. Fans should be loud and energetic, but not worry too much about cursing out the visiting team. I doubt Duke fans ever chant "Clemson Sucks" or "UVa Sucks".

I thought they were saying "sucks to BU", not FU BU....am I wrong on this?

11627[/snapback]

You're correct there. But I think just about anywhere you go, you're going to hear "(Name of Opponent) Sucks." It requires little thoughts while you're watching the game and it for everyone on the other team. Plus, no one in thecrowd isn't going to not understand it or screw it up...especially when you have so many "new" students fans at a game like that one.

I thought they were saying "sucks to BU", not FU BU....am I wrong on this?

11627[/snapback]

You're correct there. But I think just about anywhere you go, you're going to hear "(Name of Opponent) Sucks." It requires little thoughts while you're watching the game and it for everyone on the other team. Plus, no one in thecrowd isn't going to not understand it or screw it up...especially when you have so many "new" students fans at a game like that one.

11629[/snapback]

some people tried to start FU BU, but it didn't really catch on. I thought Sucks to B-U was pretty good. I also liked the Who's Your Daddy chant.