UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brown on Murphy's Show

I caught Coach Brown on Dan Murphy's radio show today & one caller was given chance to address Brown as don't know if this was intentional or not on Murphy's part to stir things up. Of course the caller asked Brown something like if he would have liked to check available of Pepsi Arena for game on Saturday. Brown & Murphy both agreed the atmosphere would not be matched by Pepsi opposed to RACC. I agree with that to a point but Brown said they would draw 15,000 but again likes the idea of students storming the court if win as security would not allow that at the Pepsi. It seems to me that Iona fans were celebrating on court after their win on Monday night. I also know that some fans would have gone to Pepsi Arena if game played there. I feel UAlbany may be placing all of its eggs in one basket because if they lose, they will be sent on road for NIT with little chance for success as chose not to prove they could have had real special event at Pepsi which NIT would have looked at for sure.

This game needs to be at the RACC.

5K in the RACC or 8K in the Pepsi? I'll take 5K in the RACC. Atmosphere for BU and UVM games this year was out of this world. Saturday will make that look silly.

Win this thing in front of UAlbany fans, not just bball fans.

No Pepsi Arena until they sell out the RACC for every game for 5-years. And then I still prefer an on campus 7-8K seat arena.

I like Will Brown's answer and I like McFan's too. I had some Siena fans ask me about this over the week. Their point being the tickets could be cheaper at the Pepsi because you'd sell more. I'd rather pay more to have it on campus and apparently so would 4600 other people. The RACC is Albany's home court-period. I applaud the university for keeping this on campus.

I agree with keeping these events on campus.

Wow! For the first time ever, students will have to compete with each other for tickets on Saturday! What great spirit this game will engender.

We should sell out the RACC for several years in a row before we decide to change the venue, and by that I mean the place where the games are held now.

Aren't there plans already drawn up of how the RACC can be expanded? I know Dane96 would have the answer to my question.

If that's the case, unless our following begins to develop more like a Big East or ACC team, then we should keep the games at the RACC.

The RACC is the only place for this game!!!!!!!

I've been here when we had 150 - 250 in attendance and I want to see the RACC sold out consistently.

When demand is greater than supply on an everyday basis then expand or move to another site.

Hopefully this is our second of many sell outs.

When we have 3,000 season ticket holders then it's time to consider our options until then lets pack the RACC!!!!

There is no question that this game belongs on our campus.

Taking this to a neutral site defeats the purpose in the higher seed getting the home court.

Secondly, I'd much rather see our school and program get the residuals on the conssesions, premium parking, merchandise sales etc.

Third and most important, it belongs on Doc's wood. Previous poster talked about chucking that green hunk os $iena that Mike Breslin and the county guys have on Pearl Street and laying down our own for Doc. I say lay it down right where it belongs, on our campus.

SCBN

SSS

Top ten reasons the RACC is better then the Pepsi

1. Its on campus; you don't have to take a bus to get there

2. Parking is easier and cheeper then it is downtown, hey its free if you don't mind a little walk.

3. No matter your angle you can see everything thats going on.

4. 4,586 In a smaller gym is louder then 7,000 in a large arena

5. Its been our home court for over a decade

6. We have UAlbany Banners that show our NCAA DIII success, and our all time winningiest coach. If we went to the Pepsi we would need to burn the Aints banners to clean up the place.

7. Mid Court in big letters UAlbany. Need I say more

8. Students get in for free and have a better view

9. We can acctually storm the court if we want with out security being a-holes

10. The Pepsi Arena is ment for Hockey Games, The RACC is for BASKETBALL.

Edited by B9j2j6s

Top ten reasons the RACC is better then the Pepsi

1. Its on campus; you don't have to take a bus to get there

2. Parking is easier and cheeper then it is downtown, hey its free if you don't mind a little walk.

3. No matter your angle you can see everything thats going on.

4. 4,586 In a smaller gym is louder then 7,000 in a large arena

5. Its been our home court for over a decade

6. We have UAlbany Banners that show our NCAA DIII success, and our all time winningiest coach.  If we went to the Pepsi we would need to burn the Aints banners to clean up the place.

7.  Mid Court in big leaders UAlbany.  Need I say more

8.  If you buy bleacher seats you can sit where ever you would like.

9.  We can acctually storm the court if we want with out security being a-holes

10. The Pepsi Arena is ment for Hockey Games, The RACC is for BASKETBALL.

12635[/snapback]

The bleecher seats are still assigned, you CANNOT sit where ever you want!!!