UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

OT - Anyone following the Siena board?

It's been a busy day there today. Mostly my doing I fear!

13620[/snapback]

Nope, I am sure I also was part of pissing them off and I'll let someone else correct their errors today. Monday was enough when one of their fans got me going with some ridiculous comparison of how Albany would do against Marist, Manhattan and Iona as opposed to Siena who would win 3 out of 5 vs. those 3 schools except for the FACT they lost 5 out of 6. I pointed out that Albany has beaten Siena more recently than Siena has had a winning record vs Marist, Manhattan and Iona.

And of coarse they like to start their crap on taxpayer built arenas.

Well enough on them.

It's been a busy day there today. Mostly my doing I fear!

13620[/snapback]

Nope, I am sure I also was part of pissing them off and I'll let someone else correct their errors today. Monday was enough when one of their fans got me going with some ridiculous comparison of how Albany would do against Marist, Manhattan and Iona as opposed to Siena who would win 3 out of 5 vs. those 3 schools except for the FACT they lost 5 out of 6. I pointed out that Albany has beaten Siena more recently than Siena has had a winning record vs Marist, Manhattan and Iona.

And of coarse they like to start their crap on taxpayer built arenas.

Well enough on them.

13639[/snapback]

There is only a few of us who venture into their lair. I mean, I follow Siena casually and with them luck. But man do they sometimes get to me. I just hope I get to them a little to....keep them on their toes. :lol:

Edited by bosiydid

Is the Pepsi a privately built arena?  I don't think so--

13643[/snapback]

No I belive the county built the Pepsi. I'm kind of new to the college ball scene but is this rivalry between Seina and Albany the hottest it's ever been? Can you guys imagine the Pepsi next year? I mean I want them to win every game except for the game against us. They are a local team and cheer for them when they aren't playing us. But I wouldn't mind if we stuck it to em good next year.

Is the Pepsi a privately built arena?  I don't think so--

13643[/snapback]

No I belive the county built the Pepsi. I'm kind of new to the college ball scene but is this rivalry between Seina and Albany the hottest it's ever been? Can you guys imagine the Pepsi next year? I mean I want them to win every game except for the game against us. They are a local team and cheer for them when they aren't playing us. But I wouldn't mind if we stuck it to em good next year.

13647[/snapback]

I'm relatively new around here myself, but if you ask some of the hardliner oldtimers, they will tell you that the rivalry was quite hot back in the Doc Sauers era, particularly before Siena went D1. Chants about the other team's women, fights in the stands, you name it. They will also tell you to never ever root for Siena. I don't think it's yet near the intensity it used to be, but there are probably more fans involved these days.

S$

It is so frustrating to watch those morons mouth off and not shoot back so while I am waiting for my registration to be confirmed over on the S$$$ board I will blow off some steam here....

Those guys have issues that require a 60 year old guy with a PhD and a big fluffy couch, suddenly one comment about basketball has turned into bashing of a state university education, i am pretty sure a useless somewhat anti-semitic or at least inappropriate comment with some jewish tourney comment (unless that really exists in which case I take that back).

But the blatent stupidity on that board is just so frustarting I couldnt wait for my registration over there to kick in.

Those guys are so silly.  I swear to Christ...if given two minutes and a bucket of chicken wings...I would verbally maul them in a logic contest.

13771[/snapback]

Dont think it would be a hard contest to win, I think that if a UA fan were to post 2+2=4 some Siena fan would probably argue that it is not true and is pure UA spin and then worst of all the TU would probably pick it up as front page news!!

Hey...someone get me a sponsor...I have no problem making a career out of correcting Siena fans.

Man...are they really that "chip" on the shoulder oriented.

THE CATHOLIC COLLEGE CHAMPIONSHIPS?

Yep, and UA played in the Tangerine Bowl....against UCF. Guess we are a DI football power worth remembering now.

FORDIE....FORDIE....I want my BCS tickets.

AGAIN....THE CATHOLIC COLLEGE CHAMPIONSHIPS?

Did that feature a split squad between the "beloved" apostles and the "agnostics."

Man...sure hope the scribes had enough papyrus for that one...must have been a barn burner.

ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THE CATHOLIC COLLEGE CHAMPIONSHIPS.....

Did they have four regions: The Dominicans, The Jesuits, et al. :D