UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Here's the truth as spoken by Siena Tony

Here is how Tony really feels.

From the Siena public site talking about UA.....

Gorvy I think it’s a combination of both. For the most part they have a very unsophisticated fan base. They don’t understand what an exempt tournament is,  or understand the difference between say a one game event like the bracket buster and  the MAAC challenge. They have a few posters that have a clue, but some of the posters over there would rather play guarantee games than play 4 games in Albany over a week, talk about clueless!!!

But anyway hopefully  Capital district fans support the event. If we have some decent teams it could end up  being a very well atended event

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The HOOP genius of all time, Siena Tony -

......hopefully  Capital district fans support the event. If we have some decent teams it could end up  being a very well atended event .

It must be nice to be a sophisticated fan like Tony

1. Hopefully Capital District fans support the event.

2. If we have decent teams

3. It could wind up being a very well attended event.

Now that was really a sophisticated response from someone who has all the answers and could never be considered "clueless".

Lets see what plays out - I'll give you the type of sophisticated response a guy like Tony would give you. If UA gets involved in this MAAC Tourney then they're in it!!!!

Talk about clueless!!!!!

Edited by Patch

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dane 96 - i see your name as the last poster on the Siena board string about the exempt tournament; yet i see no post. Did you get deleted, or have they banned you. Shame on you for laughing at their refering to UAlbany as a Community College. FWIW, while I love the rivalry aspect of Siena and UAlbany, I really don't think we should be calling their institution a Community College either. While we may have issues with their fans or their athletic programs, personally, i don't think it's right to disrespect the institution as a place of higher education.

Hey Dane 96 - i see your name as the last poster on the Siena board string about the exempt tournament; yet i see no post.  Did you get deleted, or have they banned you.  Shame on you for laughing at their refering to UAlbany as a Community College.  FWIW, while I love the rivalry aspect of Siena and UAlbany, I really don't think we should be calling their institution a Community College either.  While we may have issues with their fans or their athletic programs, personally, i don't think it's right to disrespect the institution as a place of higher education.

14467[/snapback]

LOL...what a mullet. My last post actually agreed with the moratorium on Siena-UA bashing in that thread. I reminded Tony, however, it was his fan who made the comment first.

Then I responded to a fan comment by stating we had only 7 years of being a DI, hence we couldnt have the fan support as Siena does...YET.

I would never want to grow up in the ST household...

Tony just believes that he always knows what's right and what's best for everyone.

He feels that he isnot clueless and apparently thinks he is an excellent judge of sophistication.

He believes in free speech on "HIS" board as long as you agree with the "party line" and patronize him.

He constantly has something to say and rarely if ever needs to listen because of course he knows he's always right.

All the above are qualities that make him such a likeable person????????

Hey Dane 96 - i see your name as the last poster on the Siena board string about the exempt tournament; yet i see no post.  Did you get deleted, or have they banned you.  Shame on you for laughing at their refering to UAlbany as a Community College.  FWIW, while I love the rivalry aspect of Siena and UAlbany, I really don't think we should be calling their institution a Community College either.  While we may have issues with their fans or their athletic programs, personally, i don't think it's right to disrespect the institution as a place of higher education.

14467[/snapback]

LOL...what a mullet. My last post actually agreed with the moratorium on Siena-UA bashing in that thread. I reminded Tony, however, it was his fan who made the comment first.

Then I responded to a fan comment by stating we had only 7 years of being a DI, hence we couldnt have the fan support as Siena does...YET.

14470[/snapback]

A few things for you Albany posters I didn’t come over and call any of you personal names, I came with info on the tournament’s limited as it is, I won’t stoop to Patch name calling level, suffice to say her petty personal attacks speaks volumes for her character or should I say lack there of.

As for Dane 96,( basically one of the few informed Albany posters) unfortunately the name calling started on this board and spilled over to the Siena board. I deleted your posts because Siena posters would have felt compelled to answer your post. After my post saying this thread would not degenerate into a Albany Vs Siena pi$$ing match I locked the thread.

For Ua66.. no such thing as first amendment rights on a private message board. The Siena board is not a government message board. If you don’t like it UA66 I suggest you stop reading the Siena board.

Enjoy the off season girls C ya in the fall

While there are SO many things that I would like to say regarding this topic, most have been said and those that haven't are not appropriate and in fear of being banned I will not say them. Oh wait, I forgot...on this board you are allowed to speak the not so popular opinion and not risk deletion or as recently displayed...GETTING THE BOOT!!!

So with all of that being said the only thing that I can really say about this is...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Thank you to those that have made this gray day on Long Island full of laughs as UA once again takes the higher road and allows all voices to be heard.

Now while not related to college hoops, this should still be considered an intellectual post. And to defend those who were called "unintellectual" or what ever it was, it's because UA fans root for their teams regardless and beleive that we could and should beat everyone hence the "why not us" rallying cry. Some of us have lives and other responsibilites and do not have the time to do the hours of research it might take some other posters in order to denigrate the strong program that UA is building (meanwhile still being allowed on the board).

Just because I can't tell you what the average height of Siena's starting front court is does not make me non-intellectual, or just because I can not recite NCAA rules does not prove that point either. The fact that some can recite useless NCAA athletics rules simply means that they are just a basketball coach want to be.

14467[/snapback]

14470[/snapback]

A few things for you Albany posters I didn’t come over and call any of you personal names, I came with info on the tournament’s limited as it is, I won’t stoop to Patch name calling level, suffice to say her petty personal attacks speaks volumes for her character or should I say lack there of.

As for Dane 96,( basically one of the few informed Albany posters) unfortunately the name calling started on this board and spilled over to the Siena board. I deleted your posts because Siena posters would have felt compelled to answer your post. After my post saying this thread would not degenerate into a Albany Vs Siena pi$$ing match I locked the thread.

For Ua66.. no such thing as first amendment rights on a private message board. The Siena board is not a government message board. If you don’t like it UA66 I suggest you stop reading the Siena board.

Enjoy the off season girls C ya in the fall

14474[/snapback]

Tony,

With all due respect, I really want to believe you and all that stuff about not taking part in needles name calling etc. Who knows maybe I would believe you, had you not actively and I might add incessantly played out your pedophile tendencies by continually misspelling my name. See Tony, you are a classic example of a hypocrite, when the tables are turned you take the holier then thou approach and try to raise yourself above the incident. Only one problem with that! You can take the trailer trash out of the trailer park but you can’t take the trailer park out of the trailer trash! Everyone here can see through your BS, and no-one more so then me. Embrace what you are, as you have no morally justifiable right to claim the high road. Good day to you sir!!!!

I won’t stoop to Patch name calling level, suffice to say her petty personal attacks speaks volumes for her character or should I say lack there of. - Siena Tony

Isn't it typical Tony to call UA fans "unsophisticated" and "clueless" and then blame someone else for name calling.

Now lets see if he honors his promise (when he signed off in his immature name calling way) of not bothering us until the fall .......

Enjoy the off season girls C ya in the fall - Siena Tony

daneguy04 - nice post especially the part about having an open site......

Thank you to those that have made this gray day on Long Island full of laughs as UA once again takes the higher road and allows all voices to be heard.

I really hope and expect Siena Tony breaks his promise, I find him very amusing and self serving.

Daneguy,

Tony has a point when he states that the first amendment is not a guarantee when you visit a private bb. I for one have been censored once on this board, and from what I can remember the administrator danepound I believe was courteous enough to offer and explanation via a PM. On the other hand I have been censored on the Siena board with an explanation given only after about four inquires as to why? My impression of the Siena board (and this is only my personal opinion) is that dissention is not well tolerated and if you don’t agree with him and a few of his personal favorites then he will run you, even if you are a Siena fan. The attitude he bring here is exactly how he governs his board, like a condescending despot.

I do agree that unfortunatley private message boards are like high school, check your first amendment rights at the door as they do not apply here.

But there are two interpretations to that...

1 - Censorship that occurs because one's comments are obscene and nature and generally offensive and

2 - Censorship that occurs because the person running the board just doesn't like what you are saying and basically sticks his fingers in his ears and starts yelling "I can't hear you!!!!"

While I agree with the first kind as no one should be subjected to vulgar remarks that are probably uncalled for (and yes I am probably guilty of a post or two like that, so I do not get offended when censored like that b/c I know I probably deserve it) the second kind is simply immature and childish and I would expect from a board run by Kindergartner's not supposedly college educated individuals.

Let's play a matching game...match the board with the censorship applied...

BPF = ?

SienaHoops = ?

I think the answer is pretty clear.