UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena has found something to talk about

Isn't it great that the Siena board not having little or anything to say about their team has chosen to tell us and themselves of how our not being in the MAAC/Siena exempt tourney is a mistake or some remote sign of fear or weakness.

They just can't handle the fact that for whatever reason we chose not to participate in their tourney.

At this late date they can't even definitely name the entire field. I hope they know if it is going to be a 6 or an 8 team field. If it is a six team field it is that way only because they couldn't draw 8 teams.

You would think that they would be able to talk about their Siena team, instead they are preoccupied by the Danes a team that has actually only had a full DI roster for 2 seasons.

They must feel threatened by the Danes who have won more total games and conference games the past 2 seasons then they have. It's the Danes who have an avg RPI of the last 2 seasons which is more than 50 points lower then Siena's (UA 157/Siena211).

It's the Danes who have won their conference, their conference tourney and has made an NCAA appearance.

I guess that's enough to have our neighbors seek ways to find faults with UA and also find ways to prove to themselves that they still are the "Crown Jewel".

Maybe they're the "Crown Jewel" of Loudonville??????

Isn't it great that the Siena board not having little or anything to say about their team has chosen to tell us and themselves of how our not being in the MAAC/Siena exempt tourney is a mistake or some remote sign of fear or weakness.

They just can't handle the fact that for whatever reason we chose not to participate in their tourney.

At this late date they can't even definitely name the entire field. I hope they know if it is going to be a 6 or an 8 team field. If it is a six team field it is that way only because they couldn't draw 8 teams.

You would think that they would be able to talk about their Siena team, instead they are preoccupied by the Danes a team that has actually only had a full DI roster for 2 seasons.

They must feel threatened by the Danes who have won more total games and conference games the past 2 seasons then they have. It's the Danes who have an avg RPI of the last 2 seasons which is more than 50 points lower then Siena's (UA 157/Siena211).

It's the Danes who have won their conference, their conference tourney and has made an NCAA appearance.

I guess that's enough to have our neighbors seek ways to find faults with UA and also find ways to prove to themselves that they still are the "Crown Jewel".

Maybe they're the "Crown Jewel" of Loudonville??????

14663[/snapback]

Good post. It is quite obvious that they are threaten by us and are afraid that we will leave them in the dust in their "one" sport. Let's face it the rest of their athletic program is a joke. If UA was as poor as their posters claim, they wouldn't even want us in their challenge. However since that clearly is not the case, they are whining the loss of UA from their challenge as UA could give the event credibility that is clearly lacking at this time.

In my opinion, given Siena's track record any proposal from Siena should be looked at skeptically. As I stated before, there is no reason to jump into this challenge until it is proven that is not a joke. I would expect with the rule changes there are going to be more not less choices for real tournaments in the upcoming seasons.

Edited by bob87

As a Met fan and Dane fan. I have found some common similiarities. Siena reminds me so much of a Yankee fan as they point to history and live off the past. The present and future matter and not the 26 rings you won over past inferior teams. Siena is still living off the past as U Albany becomes the #1 show in town.

I predict in a few years we may have similiar debates between U albany and 'Cuse. We will look back and say Siena.....oh yeah...I remember those games, are they still D1?

As a Met fan and Dane fan.  I have found some common similiarities.  Siena reminds me so much of a Yankee fan as they point to history and live off the past.  The present and future matter and not the 26 rings you won over past inferior teams.  Siena is still living off the past as U Albany becomes the #1 show in town. 

I predict in a few years we may have similiar debates between U albany and 'Cuse.  We will look back and say Siena.....oh yeah...I remember those games, are they still D1?

14665[/snapback]

Easy there....at least the Yankees have a history...Mets, what?

As a Met fan and Dane fan.  I have found some common similiarities.  Siena reminds me so much of a Yankee fan as they point to history and live off the past.  The present and future matter and not the 26 rings you won over past inferior teams.  Siena is still living off the past as U Albany becomes the #1 show in town. 

I predict in a few years we may have similiar debates between U albany and 'Cuse.  We will look back and say Siena.....oh yeah...I remember those games, are they still D1?

14665[/snapback]

Easy there....at least the Yankees have a history...Mets, what?

14666[/snapback]

The key word there -- "history"

Check out my last two responses, one each, on each of those Siena threads. Classic Siena garbage...absolutely run roughshod by myself. Yes, I am patting myself on my back.

Always trying to keep it "real" for Tony, while amusing Mr. DP and Mrs. DP who, from what understand, enjoy my occasional comedy on these boards.

Check out my last two responses, one each, on each of those Siena threads. Classic Siena garbage...absolutely run roughshod by myself.  Yes, I am patting myself on my back.

Always trying to keep it "real" for Tony, while amusing Mr. DP and Mrs. DP who, from what understand, enjoy my occasional comedy on these boards.

14669[/snapback]

Also, good to see the edit button alive and well when it comes to UA fans. What a hypocrite!

I knew that thread was going to get crazy when the inital post essentially accused Will Brown of lying about the reasons for not playing the tournament.

More power to you guys for going over there to take them on. It's pretty fun reading over there sometimes, sometimes it's just sad but either way it's entertaining.

After what our whole portfolio of sports have accomplished in such a short time I don't think we have to justify ourselves to anyone. Especially those over at our Father of the Blessed Trust Fund.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the report about us not taking part in the CRAAP Challenge or whatever come almost a week ago (T.Useless Wenesday [url=http://timesunion.com/aspstories/section.asp]http://timesunion.com/aspstories/section.asp[/urlCategory=SPORTS&newsdate=5/17/2006)

? Why are Siena Fans a week later now finally jumping on this issue. Must be a lack of things to talk about, atleast here we have had the news about UA getting our first recruit for 07. Also we have had teams in the NCAA's or finishing their season as runners up in the confrence championships. What does Siena have to talk about? Nothing except for the fact that there Neighbor towards the South is not particiapating in this poorly put together challege or whatever there calling it.

Edited by B9j2j6s

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the report about us not taking part in the CRAAP Challenge or whatever come almost a week ago (T.Useless Wenesday [url=http://timesunion.com/aspstories/section.asp]http://timesunion.com/aspstories/section.asp[/urlCategory=SPORTS&newsdate=5/17/2006)

?  Why are Siena Fans a week later now finally jumping on this issue.  Must be a lack of things to talk about, atleast here we have had the news about UA getting our first recruit for 07.  Also we have had teams in the NCAA's or finishing their season as runners up in the confrence championships.   What does Siena have to talk about?  Nothing except for the fact that there Neighbor towards the South is not particiapating in this poorly put together challege or whatever there calling it.

14678[/snapback]

I would guess the Siena fans were are too busy following their other sports teams. Nah, that can't be it. Besides I have been to 13 baseball games outside of the state of NY in the last 11 days and I got the news last week thanks to this board.

Edited by bob87

I won't deny the tourney would have been a good chance for us to see more games than we might see now. It didn't work so there's no point in worrying about it from our end.

I suspect one of the main reasons Siena fans are so irritated about us not participating in the challenge thing is $$$. A stand alone Albany-Siena game they can sell Albany fans a single ticket. The tournament they would have sold some kind of package for three games or whatever it ended up being. They often claim we have a small fan base but if we could have generated an extra 2,000-3000 (which I think is modest) at $40 or $50 for the package that's a lot of money to leave on the table.

I've been away for a few days; did they announce the teams for the Siena tournament? What provoked the attacks on the Siena Board, calling Coach Brown a liar?

Personally, I'm ecstatic at this turn of events; anything that adds fuel to the Albany - Siena fire is OK with me.

An honest question - does making this trip to China to play exhibition games make us ineligible for an NCAA exempt tournament?

I've been away for a few days; did they announce the teams for the Siena tournament?  What provoked the attacks on the Siena Board, calling Coach Brown a liar?

Personally, I'm ecstatic at this turn of events; anything that adds fuel to the Albany - Siena fire is OK with me.

An honest question - does making this trip to China to play exhibition games make us ineligible for an NCAA exempt tournament?

14693[/snapback]

Well, it depends on when we play, but probably not. If we play right before the season...it could be considered a "game" and would make ineligible, though I still find that unlikely.

What it does do is stop us from going abroard for four more years.

I've been away for a few days; did they announce the teams for the Siena tournament?  What provoked the attacks on the Siena Board, calling Coach Brown a liar?

14693[/snapback]

Well, it depends on when we play, but probably not. If we play right before the season...it could be considered a "game" and would make ineligible, though I still find that unlikely.

What it does do is stop us from going abroard for four more years.

14694[/snapback]

I heard on the news (FOX 23 I think?) that the game won't be played until August 2007 and that it might involve games against more than 1 school in the country. Pres. Hall and the Party Secretary are still working out the details. Pres. Hall said he is excited to do this because they had similar successes during his time at both Ohio State and Utah State. Gotta be another nice recruiting tool.