UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Enjoying the 144

I don't know if anyone else is but I'm enjoying each day the countdown of the top 144 comes out on College Hoops Net and Albany isn't picked yet. I'm presuming of course that we're higher on the list. Two years ago we had to scroll all the way down the RPI list to see Albany in the 300s with Alcorn State and Lipscomb.

Now CHN is seemingly picking us above:

Providence

Miami

Temple

Iowa State

St. Joe's

Wake Forest

What a difference a year or two make!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone else is but I'm enjoying each day the countdown of the top 144 comes out on College Hoops Net and Albany isn't picked yet. I'm presuming of course that we're higher on the list. Two years ago we had to scroll all the way down the RPI list to see Albany in the 300s with Alcorn State and Lipscomb.

Now CHN is seemingly picking us above:

Providence

Miami

Temple

Iowa State

St. Joe's

Wake Forest

What a difference a year or two make!

15384[/snapback]

I’m hoping that we are on the list. It’s a double edged sword. If they get down to 80 or so I’m gona have to start wondering if we are on the list, but on the other hand it’s nice to see people think highly of our team.

I think we should come in around 115 if it gets below 115 I feel we migt not be listed.

But remember its just another opinion poll.

It is exciting thinking that in 2004 we had a 5 win season and were a 300+ RPI team.

Now we're waiting to see where or if we're listed in the Top 144.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note.......

Does anyone know what the story is with Lance James????????

The count is now down to 112 and still no Albany.

I don't know if I should be Happy or Sad.

I had hoped UA would come in around 115.

I didn't think we might not be in the top 144 at all.

Whatever!!!

15422[/snapback]

Patch,

I feel your pain.

Personally, I don't think we'll make the top 144. I think the analysts, who could care less about the lower parts of their rankings, think our success last season was just an anomaly, and that UAlbany will revert back to its lower rankings. Our league also gets low marks and may contribute to our low standing.

If so, it will be great to prove them wrong again. After this season, the developers of this ranking will have no excuse but to give us greater consideration. Of course, I could be very wrong, but right now I'd actually prefer being somewhat of an unknown.

Count me on the positive side also. We're returning 7 of our top 10 scorers, the conference player of the year, the coach who should have been coach of the year and bringing in the highest rated recruit in the conference from a 20+ win team.

saints73 - Thanks - that's nice to hear.

Regardless of what some think the Albany area is very basketball "Wise" and will support 2 "Good DI teams".

It is fun having a rivalry (atleast some think it's a rivalry) and every now and then picking on each other is just fun - but to be honest most of what I say is not aimed at the Saints but a few of their fans who in my opinion are arrogant, condescending and/or dillusional.

It's would be nice (and a compliment) to have 2 area schools rated in the Top 130. Even if it's the opinion of one source. No one could have imagined that 3 or 4 years ago.

I think a true rivalry will grow when/if both schools are consistently in the 75-100 area in things like the College Hoopnet Poll and the RPI.

saints73 - Thanks - that's nice to hear.

Regardless of what some think the Albany area is very basketball "Wise" and will support 2 "Good DI teams".

It is fun having a rivalry (atleast some think it's a rivalry) and every now and then picking on each other is just fun - but to be honest most of what I say is not aimed at the Saints but a few of their fans who in my opinion are arrogant, condescending and/or dillusional.

It's would be nice (and a compliment) to have 2 area schools rated in the Top 130. Even if it's the opinion of one source. No one could have imagined that 3 or 4 years ago.

I think a true rivalry will grow when/if both schools are consistently in the 75-100 area in things like the College Hoopnet Poll and the RPI.

15429[/snapback]

If, and when, Albany can maintain two DI teams in the top 100, you can bet your butts we will see an increased amount of media coverage and hype, both locally and nationally. This would include regular ESPN (and affiliate games). Not many areas boast two top 100 teams if you think about it.

Simply put, it would be amazing!!!