UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tonights Game

I couldn't get the game on fox and had to go the kids on 90.9 as well. Sounded like a really good crowd that was into the game. Siggers and Lillis had great games and the big guys did well on defense and rebounding. I was really worried coming into the game that bucknell was going to keep pounding the ball into their center. Luckily, that didn't happen.

It is hard to tell from listening to the game but I was wondering how our guys matched up physically when you looked at both teams in person? It seemed that lillis, siggers and jamar all held up in that department.

Overall great home win! Bring on the Blue Hens.

We did a great job doubling McNaughton. Covington, Connelly, Wilson, and Gifford primarily. Iati did a fine job running the offense while Jamar was out. Lillis looked to score some, which we will need more of while playing his tenacious D. Great steal after we took lead at the end of the game. Connelly knocked down the 2 clinching free throws, nothing but net. Great comeback with Jamar in the locker room. Siggers was clutch, the whole game. Good at both ends and one GREAT block and rebound on the same play.

They did pound the ball in to the big fellow time after time but Albany did a great job on doubling up on him. Covingto, Connelly, Gifford stayed behind him and Brent Wilson cut off his entry to the lane. If you like defense--as I do--it was a fun game to watch. We were a little over matched inside but we "out thunk-um". Good game plan!!

Apparently it was a sold out tonight meaning we are 3-0 all time when we sell out.

17516[/snapback]

Yes. during the second half they announced the crowd as a sellout!

As far as 3-0 is that 05-06 BPG, AE championship and tonight.

17518[/snapback]

Yes to the best of me knowledge and to take it further we are 4-1 all time with attendance at 4k

A very nice comeback win against a good, disciplined Bucknell team. It looked very bleak with Bucknell leading 34-19 late in the first half. Lockdown Defense by the Danes in the second half. Bucknell's big man was quickly double teamed every time the ball went to him on the low block. Lillis played a nice all around game except for two bad fouls while Bucknell players were shooting threes. He is so active on defense he always seems to make a couple of these types of fouls. Siggers went aggressively to the rim, especially in the second half.

Jamar made a couple of tough shots in the lane, but was off his game otherwise. He was carried off the court with an apparent knee injury in the second half, but later returned to the court. He had to leave the game two other times because of knee or leg problem. Hopefully not serious.

Crowd was energetic, especially during comeback. Very good student turnout. All in all, a great start to the season.

Apparently it was a sold out tonight meaning we are 3-0 all time when we sell out.

17516[/snapback]

Yes. during the second half they announced the crowd as a sellout!

As far as 3-0 is that 05-06 BPG, AE championship and tonight.

17518[/snapback]

Yes, you correctly identified the three sellouts. I really like the fact that tonight's sellout was unique.

The first sellout for the BPG occurred mostly because it is a highly promoted tradition.

The second sellout was because of a conference championship where you would expect it to happen (except if it's held at BUMA). The place sold out also because one-quarter to one-third of the spectators were fans from the other school.

Tonight's sellout wasn't a special event. Yes, we happened to host our best opponent ever in the SEFCU, but it wasn't special in any other way. There were few Bucknell fans in attendance; it was all UAlbany fans.

Great prospects for future turnouts!

Archived