UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UTAH GAME THREAD

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great win and kudos to the TU for great converage. Singelias made the trip, good article and 4 blog entries. These are the quality wins this program needs to continue to accumulate.

I like how Singelais called the victory the "greatest upset of its Division I history." Despite the great number of posters' comments regarding this game on this board last night, I'm not sure how many of us realized the giant step the program made with this win. We have just become a little more used to passing milestones and just accept the progress made. Let's hope we continue to knock down obstacles and continue on this road.

Great Game!!

Anytime there's an article about Albany's win on SI, you know it's big.

Hopefully Jamar can come back to his usual self.

If that happens, the AE better watch out because this team can be just as strong as last year, if not better.

I didn't see the article. Can you post the link.

What is the impact of this game on the Braketbuster? Any chance that we get to host the game?

No,

teams are predetermined into either a home team or a road team. We are a road team. The impact of this game is that if we keep playing well, we will get a good matchup and a tv matchup like last year. About 26 of the 100 or so teams get put on the ESPN network. Some of the 100 teams really have no business being in the bracketbuster as it was originally intended to showcase possible tournament teams. But those teams like the bottom teams of the maac will play other bottom teams in games that have no chance of being televised.

Check out Mark Singelais's latest blog entry from this afternoon.

http://blogs.timesunion.com/collegesports/?p=113

The latest Dane news concentrates on Jamar's injury last night. It mentions how scared he was, with blood pouring out of his mouth and lack of movement. A trainer dispelled a lot of the fear when he asked Jamar to successfully squeeze his hand. No wonder bob87 didn't want to see the replay.

There is some other interesting information also included in the blog.

My New Year's wish is to hope for no serious injury to befall any of these young gentlemen this season. (I'd wish for no injuries at all, but that hope is just not realistic with the way so many of them contest every play.)

Great Game!!

Anytime there's an article about Albany's win on SI, you know it's big.

Hopefully Jamar can come back to his usual self.

If that happens, the AE better watch out because this team can be just as strong as last year, if not better.

I didn't see the article. Can you post the link.

Had to dig to find it, just repeats the AP wire story, but it does have the SI header

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/bask...0285/index.html

Archived