UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Beats BU(NY)

Seems like BU(NY) always makes it a grinder and Lazar there killing us. I don't know how many times he told Gordon to give him the ball as he was bringing it up the court. I think someone after the game summed it up, Bing is this year's version of UNH to us. Just a bad matchup.

What was up with the people leaving with a minute left and a three point game? I'm glad they where that secure in the outcome if that's what it was.

Seems like BU(NY) always makes it a grinder and Lazar there killing us. I don't know how many times he told Gordon to give him the ball as he was bringing it up the court. I think someone after the game summed it up, Bing is this year's version of UNH to us. Just a bad matchup.

What was up with the people leaving with a minute left and a three point game? I'm glad they where that secure in the outcome if that's what it was.

I sincerely hope that we don't have to meet them again this season. Fighting them on a neutral court might now give us the required outcome.

Yes, Trifunovic killed us inside all second half. If we meet again, we must find some way to get him out of the game. Perform some lazar surgery.

Wow...what a win! Refs were once again terrible, firs they go on a Bingo foul binge and call them for absolutely everything, then the pendulum swung and they started calling UA for everything and anything. It was wild, Jamar couldn't get an open look they were all over him and immediately double teaming him. It was kind of a weird game nobody seemed to stand out on offense, Iati hit some big 3's (back to back) but otherwise it was a little from everything. Bingo seems to give us so much trouble, I hope they get knocked out before we seem the in the tournament. They are our UNH last season, giving us a crazy tough time, but let's not forget what happened last year when the chips were down. I still hate Bingo....it felt great to win this.

My overall thoughts from the game...

-Nice win, but it shouldnt have been that close. Trifunovic killed us all night. I didnt see any walks from him, he was just the result of a deficiency we have (lack of true size). Covington did all he could to contain him, but that fouled him out. We got a nice balanced effort to win....4 guys in double figures. Its a win, and I'll take it.

-The refs. Uggh. And it was bad for both sides, not just against us. The "intentional foul" on Lillis was an absolute joke, even more so after I watched it on TV when i got home from the game. The only thing they got right all night was out of bounds calls....I think they got caught up in the crowd (evident by some of the over-exaggerated possession signals....reminded me of the umpire scene from Naked Gun...). There were too many "make-up" calls in the game, and too many inconsistencies...either let them play and call it loose, or call everything. They seemed like they changed their philosophy every few minutes.

-The crowd, for the most part, was excellent. The Binghamton fans at times, where I was sitting, were drowning out our fans!! That simply cant happen. But, for the most part, it was a great environment...the students were represented as well as alumni, families, etc. That is how it should be all the time. Personally, I liked when the BU fans got reprimanded, and the students started a "You're in trouble" chant...

-Where the HELL does Binghamton come off calling Albany a "safety school"? I mean, that is a great chant when say Cornell plays someone in hockey, but are you kidding me? Get real.

Overall, it was a great night. A nail-biting game, a great crowd, and a big win.

Didn't make it out, but I watched the 2nd half on AE TV. Anyone else notice that the fans in the seat back chairs always look bored? Does it look the same in person?

I know its a generalization and not true for everyone, especially those that post on here, but it just looks weird. The student section was rowdy and the brick wall looked great. But maybe they wouldn't get drowned out if they just cheered loudly instead of trying to chant every possession down the floor.

Nothing better than Cameron Crazies!

Just a few thoughts:

I am getting damn tired of seeing Jamar getting mugged, mauled, and molested in every game now. Every team is now using that tactic and getting away with it. Fortunately, Jamar has shown incredible toughness and hasn't seemed to let it bother him. Also, with so many guys contributing at this stage of the season, we have been able to overcome the goon tactics.

For those who have dissed Bret Gifford, I think you saw last night a little of what he is capable of becoming. He was very aggressive while in there, grabbed several rebounds and blocked two shots. He seems to be gaining in strength.

A thrill to go to a tavern 1,500 miles away and watch the game on the ocho (ESPN Full Court). No sound, but it was easy to question some of the calls. Covington's fifth - essentially no contact. Concerned to see Jamar miss foul shots at the times we need them most.

All in all - a good win in a game that didn't figure to be so close.

Danefan--

The people in the chairbacks aren't bored, we are hypnotized by the game and are holding our breath. We can't get too excited because a cardiac care unit is not present. But if you watched us when the game finished we were two feet over the floor and the high fives said it all!!

Danefan--

The people in the chairbacks aren't bored, we are hypnotized by the game and are holding our breath. We can't get too excited because a cardiac care unit is not present. But if you watched us when the game finished we were two feet over the floor and the high fives said it all!!

Haha. :D :D

Oldtimer, I didn't mean any disrespect or any doubt as to anyone's support, it was more of an observation than anything. I certainly can't complain, considering we average about 4 times the crowd we used to get.

If one goes to the "Youtube" website (www.youtube.com) and types in "Big Purple Growl," the first three of a total of four items listed are video clips from yesterday's game (perhaps recorded from a cell phone?), recorded by a student in the student section closest to the Binghamton bench. Fun to watch ... !

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Big+Purple+Growl

Archived