UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany vs. UVM

I know the game's still a week away (and I seriously do not mean to look past at Hartford and especially at Maine), but I heard today that it was already essentially sold-out, minus the reserved student tickets of course. I guess there were less than 200 available this morning before the BPG, so it'd be a safe bet that those last few were bought up today with people attending the game.

The atmosphere will be great, as it always is against the Catamounts, but will be even more nuts if the game will be for first place.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know the game's still a week away (and I seriously do not mean to look past at Hartford and especially at Maine), but I heard today that it was already essentially sold-out, minus the reserved student tickets of course. I guess there were less than 200 available this morning before the BPG, so it'd be a safe bet that those last few were bought up today with people attending the game.

The atmosphere will be great, as it always is against the Catamounts, but will be even more nuts if the game will be for first place.

Like you said---let's not look past Hartford and Maine. The will both be hard games, esp. since we just had a tough game vs. Bingo too. UVM has BOston and UMBC to deal with before they head down 22A, Rt 4 , 149 and the Northway.

I agree that the Maine game is going to be tough. I watched a little bit of the Maine vs. UNH game before heading up to Albany yesterday for the game, and that Maine backcourt is tough. We were down for most of the game (or until about 10 mins to go in the game) when we played Maine the first time (if I recall correctly).

Anyone know whether we can expect that the student sections be packed (i.e., all 1000 tickets distributed) for the Vermont game?

I agree that the Maine game is going to be tough. I watched a little bit of the Maine vs. UNH game before heading up to Albany yesterday for the game, and that Maine backcourt is tough. We were down for most of the game (or until about 10 mins to go in the game) when we played Maine the first time (if I recall correctly).

Anyone know whether we can expect that the student sections be packed (i.e., all 1000 tickets distributed) for the Vermont game?

I have heard the game is sold out already--or close to it

In today's Gazette Rob Totaro says there are 800 left for UVM, and the phone is ringing off the hook already.

Season tickets went up 50% this year to over 1,200.

Our ticket sales accurately reflect the number in the stands, because very few go unused.

'Occasionally, when you have a successful situation with a team, the corporate community buys a lot of tickets, but they don't always use them. I'd rather have less season-ticket holders if the people who buy the tickets use them all the time. It's important for the atmosphere....'

'We've actually turned some students away because of capacity. We had 1,500 students in line' for the BPG.

The dept. wants to keep tickets affordable. Two adults and two kids can go to a game for $18.

In today's Gazette Rob Totaro says there are 800 left for UVM, and the phone is ringing off the hook already.

Season tickets went up 50% this year to over 1,200.

Our ticket sales accurately reflect the number in the stands, because very few go unused.

'Occasionally, when you have a successful situation with a team, the corporate community buys a lot of tickets, but they don't always use them. I'd rather have less season-ticket holders if the people who buy the tickets use them all the time. It's important for the atmosphere....'

'We've actually turned some students away because of capacity. We had 1,500 students in line' for the BPG.

The dept. wants to keep tickets affordable. Two adults and two kids can go to a game for $18.

Anyone that needs at least 2 chairbacks (maybe 4 depending upon what MsBlueHen says about another trip to Albany) PM me and I'll get them up to you.

Sec. 200 Row L

SSS!

Despite our success last season, the game against UVM this Sunday could make another milestone in the progress our program has shown since we entered Division I. If we win the game, it will mark the first season since we joined the America East that we beat every team at least once during the regular season. Last year we lost both games against New Hampshire. Just another reason for the team to get motivated to show UVM and the league who's boss this year.

Despite our success last season, the game against UVM this Sunday could make another milestone in the progress our program has shown since we entered Division I. If we win the game, it will mark the first season since we joined the America East that we beat every team at least once during the regular season. Last year we lost both games against New Hampshire. Just another reason for the team to get motivated to show UVM and the league who's boss this year.

As part of going for the win against our 8th (all) different league team on Sunday, can we bring the big guy back to throw candy to the students. He was missing in action in BPG. Well he was there, but did not throw candy?

The administration asked me not to throw candy, They thought it was too crowded and might create problems, although the cheerleaders throwing tee shirts actually try to get people riled up before they throw them, which is annoying to those of us trying to watch the game. Just throw it to someone who's looking at you!

I just bought 2 more tickets for the game against Vermont. I was told at the ticket office that 200 tickets remain, and I had to wait to pick up my 2 additional tickets because the phone was being answered with another call-in order. This was around 3pm. I couldn't even get through for most of the morning because of, presumably, ticket sales.

Archived