UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Storm

Apparently we are about to get smoked by a huge snowstorm, how does this effect our boys and the travel to Boise?

I hope everyone enjoys this big one. I'm not a huge fan of snow (actually hate it) but we need at least one of these to call it a proper winter so in the immortal words of our "fearless" leader......bring em on!

Let's see if we can get some hardy souls to the women's game Wed. night. It's Trina's first night back since having the baby.

The Wed night game is complicated by the fact that its also Valentine's Day. Fortunately for me when my sweetie asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day I told her my gift could be both of us going to the BBall game (after I take her out to dinner of course) :rolleyes:

Let's see if we can get some hardy souls to the women's game Wed. night. It's Trina's first night back since having the baby.

The Wed night game is complicated by the fact that its also Valentine's Day. Fortunately for me when my sweetie asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day I told her my gift could be both of us going to the BBall game (after I take her out to dinner of course) :rolleyes:

The game will be in WCDB tmrw. Game is still on for tmrw

Singelais' blog says Friday's game may be in trouble if the team can't find another flight tomorrow - Thursday flights are all booked already. It might be moved to Saturday, but I don't know if it would be on TV then.

Since the storm's coming from the south, I wonder if they've thought of flying out of Montreal

Singelais' blog says Friday's game may be in trouble if the team can't find another flight tomorrow - Thursday flights are all booked already. It might be moved to Saturday, but I don't know if it would be on TV then.

Since the storm's coming from the south, I wonder if they've thought of flying out of Montreal

Sure hope you guys can make it to Boise by Friday. I would hate to see the game moved to Saturday or Sunday and lose our TV slot....

All Classes have been cancelled for tomorrow. Hooray for Snow Day. Women's game is still scheduled to go on at 7 pm with no changed announced yet.

You know, son of a bitch. Four years I went there, never ONE snow day....and I drove, oh did I ever, down the Northway, in HORRIBLE conditions to get to class....and then found out my professor couldnt be bothered to do the same. And now they close???

Actually, thats just my jealousy. Congrats......nice to have it off, and know tonight. You know Hitchcock wouldnt have done that.

Update on the effect of the storm on the UAlbany travels to the Bracketbuster game, courtesy of the Times Union:

UAlbany snowed out of BracketBusters?

February 13, 2007 at 6:08 pm by Mark Singelais

UAlbany’s game at Boise State in the ESPNU BracketBusters on Friday night is in danger of being canceled because of the snowstorm that’s approaching the Capital Region.

“I have no idea how we’re getting there,” UAlbany coach Will Brown said. “We’re supposed to fly out at 5:20 (Wednesday evening), but we have a better chance of hitting the lottery, and all flights are booked on Thursday.”

Brown said UAlbany is looking into bussing to and flying out of surrounding airports in Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Syracuse, but with no luck so far. UAlbany has a traveling party of 24 people, including 13 players.

Brown said chartering a plane would be “way too expensive.”

America East commissioner Patrick Nero said he is working with UAlbany to find a flight. Nero said he’s also communicating with ESPN officials.

UAlbany and America East officials want the television exposure of this game, which will be broadcast on ESPNU on Friday at 9 p.m. But Nero said a decision should be reached by Thursday at noon.

“If they don’t get out by Thursday morning, they’ll have to cancel the game,” said Nero, adding he’s still hopeful UAlbany can find a flight.

Brown raised the possibility of flying out the morning of the game, but Nero said, “We won’t expect them to fly Friday to play the game” partly because it would put the Great Danes at a competitive disadvantage.

A possible option could be moving the game back to Saturday, when 12 other BracketBusters contests are being played.

“We could obviously play on Saturday,” Boise State sports information director Todd Miles said. “We only moved it to Friday because the BracketBusters asked us to.”

Nice to see that Nero is concerned about our travel schedule. It's a real plus to have a commish looking out for us like that. Maybe Boise State can make the trip to Albany easier than we can make it our there. Return the game next year.

Archived