UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ SB

Just got back from the game. For the first time, a comfortable win at the SB for the Danes. Up by 20 for almost the entire game. Jamar was solid and also Siggers. Lillis had 8 turnovers, all I believe on traveling calls. The refs were horrible again. We were mugged many times with no call. Our perimeter defense was excellent, holding them to 1 for 11 from 3. Where was that D against Boise St.? Everyone got in the game at the end, including Ross who got ahead of the pack for looked to be a slam but clanked off the rim with defenders challenging him.

The best part of the game was our section. Thanks to all who came out. I would say appox. 150 UA fans there including a bunch of students who made the trip down, many with gold RACC Rowdies t-shirts. The loudest were 2 guys (many on the board may know who they are from the CUE, one guy with a purple robe, purple glasses, tall purple hat, and the other guy in gold shorts, tie-dyed socks up to his knee). These guys led UA cheers, hands up on our foul shots, and "your gonna miss" on SB foul shots. My 12 year old son enjoyed them immensely. During warm-ups for the second half, they led us on a Happy Birthday sing a long for Jamar.

Great time for all. Go Danes !!!!

I just got back from the game myself. It was the first game that MsBlueHen and the future LadyDane were able to attend. They both had a great time.

It was also rather informative. I sat right in front of Coach Ford for the game as they were down looking at the facilities. I must say their Basketball arena leaves a bit to be desired but the Football facility is very nice. I said to Coach Ford that the Medical Center does drive a fair amount of dollars on to the campus even with the problems there as of late. We need to find the right donor to get the stadium project off the ground!

As for the game is was a great Great Dane victory and for the locals that did not make the trip over to USB you certainly missed out!

The students being on break from UA certainly helped. On our way home in the car both of my girls said that I have to take them to a game up at the SEFCU Arena so they can compare it to the away game experience.

SSS!

just got in...was a fun game. Danes look solid except for some sloppy play here and there. Nero needs to address the refs. Connolly gets shoved to the grouynd from behind on a lay-up and nothing? All who made it out made it a fun night.

just got in...was a fun game. Danes look solid except for some sloppy play here and there. Nero needs to address the refs. Connolly gets shoved to the grouynd from behind on a lay-up and nothing? All who made it out made it a fun night.

Great game!

good seeing some of you guys. i wish they played on Long Island a couple more times. that would be nice. hopefully they can schedule a game at Hofstra.

About the game:

I thought they played very well defensively (especially on the perimiter).

offensively, it felt more like a tuneup for the AE Tournament than anything else. Although it was still impressive. 10 of 20 from down town is nothing to sneeze at.

Would've loved for that Ross slam to go down!

Go Danes!

Good game last night. It was great to win down there in a relatively easy way.

I looked in vain online this morning for a story about the game in Newsday. The paper contained an article about SBU's women's team, but there was nary a word about how the men fared.

In today's blog, Coach Brown comments on last night's game. "It was nice to get a road win at Stony Brook. We jumped on the Seawolves from the beginning and had a comfortable 20 point lead at the half. We were solid on both ends of the floor. It is very difficult to win on the road. Especially in conference play."

Archived