UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

America East Championship--UAlbany at Vermont

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
get Ross on Trimboli, hard and slow him ......keep Holm in check...we win the game...Ross will be key

Who handled the Trimboli guarding responsibilities when we played them a few weeks ago? Lillis? Wilson? I just don't remember. I would think Ross is quick enough to stick with Trimboli, plus he has a few inches on Trimboli and a heck of a better vertical jump (which, I imagine, would help Ross keep off Trimboli just a bit and allow him to recover if Trimboli pulls up for a jump shot). Thoughts?

I also noticed Ross did a great job rebounding in Boston. What would a good Ross-based lineup look like? In other words, who would the 5 on the floor be with Ross in the lineup?

Ross as a defensive force has become very evident the past few games. He is a tool coach needs to utilize to its fullest on Saturday. Get him on Trimboli. containing Trimboli some and checking Holm a bit, will take us part of the way home. We are a good team, we were close , but dead on our feet tired in the second half in Burlington on January 13 and were on the verge of putting the game away at home on February 11. We are a better team now, and will be rested for Saturday.

It's not just Holm though. Klimes can post up inside and we struggle with defending either one of them. Plus you surround them with three terrific shooters and that's how you go 15-1 in conference.

I thought we ran and attacked more in the first game in Burlington and didn't let them set up their halfcourt stuff. Luckily (for me) I don't have to figure this stuff out, just watch and enjoy it. It should be interesting to see what Coach Brown and staff come up with in the third meeting. I'm hoping that "you can't beat a good team three times" axiom is true. I saw it this past weekend when Siena beat Marist (who had beaten them twice) and then lost to Niagara (who they had beaten twice). Hopefully that trend continues.

How is Holm kept in check? UVM can shoot well, and Holm can only be stopped by being double teamed. I'm not sure about these things, but I'd like to see Gifford grow up in a hurry.

If we want to win. we gotta try.

We have to believe. Vermont IS beatable. He'll maybe they'll have an off day from the field. If you play good defense, you can beat them. If you can force alot of turnovers (which is a weakness of them) and can get good pressure on maybe a 2-1-2 press or something...

Looks like Will Brown is in the mix for the St Bonnie job. they also mention Lonergan as a potential, but I don't think he is going anywhere anytime soon. Needs to put a few more years in...

http://bonabandwagon.proboards91.com/index...2716&page=1

Looks like Brown is in the mix for a job that pays better, but has NO UPSIDE. The A-Ten is falling backwards and being passed by the CAA. The A-Ten is now a 12 team 1 bid league...with the outside shot at 3 every few years. This is not the league it used to be...whatever Ginzo says.

Additionally, that program is hellish. We smoked them this year. Tough place to recruit to (EVER BEEN THERE?), no real institutional support, and no other sports to build the basketball program around.

I think it would be a tough call monetarily, but Will can do better (and I expect him to) in the next couple of years with a CAA type job.

Getting mentioned by a poster in a St. Bon. fan forum does not necessarily mean Will is "in the mix". Either way, I agree with Dane 96 that the Bonnie job may mean a salary increase, but is not a good career move. If Iwere in Will's shoes, I'd wait for an offer which means both more money and a chance to succeed on the court. As noted above, St. Bon has become the doormat of a increasingly marginal conference.

Getting mentioned by a poster in a St. Bon. fan forum does not necessarily mean Will is "in the mix". Either way, I agree with Dane 96 that the Bonnie job may mean a salary increase, but is not a good career move. If Iwere in Will's shoes, I'd wait for an offer which means both more money and a chance to succeed on the court. As noted above, St. Bon has become the doormat of a increasingly marginal conference.

The St. Bona job has become one of those D1 jobs that devours coaches. It is increasing difficult for them to recruit, partly due to their remote location. I think if approached, it would be smart to take a pass on this one..

Archived