UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

BROWN STAYING

Will Brown is staying

March 29, 2007 at 9:54 pm by Mark Singelais

UAlbany just announced in a news release that head coach Will Brown is staying. His contract has been restructured and extended through the 2011-12 season. More details to follow.

Will Brown is staying

March 29, 2007 at 9:54 pm by Mark Singelais

UAlbany just announced in a news release that head coach Will Brown is staying. His contract has been restructured and extended through the 2011-12 season. More details to follow.

UA UA UA!!!!

That is truly wonderful news..I most happily eat my words of last evening...would never have thought this possible in 24 hours....great job Dr M!!!

Great job Will!!!

Great job fans and supporters!!!!

ON YOUR FEET ALBANY!!!!

First, I want to congratulate whom I consider 1A and 1B:

WILL BROWN AND DR. LEE MCELROY!!

There has been much speculation that there was a rift between the two. Maybe so...however when it came down to it, the two men got together and did what was best for the University, for Will, for the coaching staff, for the kids, and lastly for the fans who support the University.

This should be a lesson to all not to cringe with every twist and turn associated with these situations...both in life and with our athletic programs. IT IS WHAT IT IS...and WHAT IT IS...IS A HAPPY DAY!!! It is also a lesson not to believe what you hear until it is fact.

Will got what he EARNED...the man was a rock through the tough times...and a person whom the UA community has grown to love!!!

Dr. McElroy...stepped up...found resources that were previously unavailable in years past...and offered Will this contract because HE FELT IT WAS BEST FOR THE PROGRAM.

We should celebrate this and for people like ATL_DANE (whom I love the enthusiasm)...here is living proof that UA is here to play at the DI level!!!

I am excited to see what Will can do with our ballyhooed frosh.

GOOD JOB BY TWO IMPORTANT MEN!!!

As they say in Australia....

"CHEERS BIG EARS"

First, I want to congratulate whom I consider 1A and 1B:

WILL BROWN AND DR. LEE MCELROY!!

There has been much speculation that there was a rift between the two. Maybe so...however when it came down to it, the two men got together and did what was best for the University, for Will, for the coaching staff, for the kids, and lastly for the fans who support the University.

This should be a lesson to all not to cringe with every twist and turn associated with these situations...both in life and with our athletic programs. IT IS WHAT IT IS...and WHAT IT IS...IS A HAPPY DAY!!! It is also a lesson not to believe what you hear until it is fact.

Will got what he EARNED...the man was a rock through the tough times...and a person whom the UA community has grown to love!!!

Dr. McElroy...stepped up...found resources that were previously unavailable in years past...and offered Will this contract because HE FELT IT WAS BEST FOR THE PROGRAM.

We should celebrate this and for people like ATL_DANE (whom I love the enthusiasm)...here is living proof that UA is here to play at the DI level!!!

I am excited to see what Will can do with our ballyhooed frosh.

GOOD JOB BY TWO IMPORTANT MEN!!!

As they say in Australia....

"CHEERS BIG EARS"

Well said

UALBANY AND HEAD BASKETBALL COACH WILL BROWN AGREE TO RESTRUCTURE CONTRACT

Albany, N.Y. -- Univeristy at Albany Vice President and Director of Athletics Lee McElroy announced on Thursday, March 29 the school agreed to terms on a contract enhancement for head men's basketball coach Will Brown. The agreement, when finalized, will extend the coach's contract through the 2011-12 season.

Brown recently completed his sixth season as UAlbany's coach. He guided the Great Danes to their second straight America East Conference championship after defeating top-seed Vermont in the tournament final. UAlbany posted a 23-10 record and earned an NCAA Tournament berth for the second consecutive season. Brown's squad also registered back-to-back 20-win campaigns, a first for the program in 17 years.

"Will Brown and his staff have done an exemplary job of building a successful Division I basketball program," McElroy said. "The team again created history with its many accomplishments and has become a source of great pride for the students, alumni and fans. We have agreed to a contract enhancement and one-year extension. The University will have the structure and specifics worked out in the near future."

Brown was appointed as UAlbany's head coach on March 13, 2002. At age 35, he ranks 15th among the youngest Division I head coaches in the nation. In 2005-06, the Great Danes made unprecedented strides by winning its first-ever America East title and participating in a memorable NCAA battle with second-ranked Connecticut. UAlbany continued that trend this season by setting the program's Division I record for single-season victories (23) and posting its highest win total since the 1993-94 campaign. UAlbany's many accomplishments in most America East wins (13), most Division I home victories (11) and most Division I road wins (11).

"The University at Albany continues to show a commitment to the school's basketball program and the entire athletics department," said Brown, whose team has won 44 games over the last two seasons. "Our student-athletes and coaching staff have worked hard to make this program something that everyone can be proud of. I continue to be appreciative of the support shown by the community and students."

In 2007-08, UAlbany returns three starters, including all-conference forward Brent Wilson and the league's defensive player of the year Brian Lillis. Jon Iati and Brian Connelly, the top players off the bench, are among those back next season.

Glad to see things worked out. Now this either way this was going to make next years game in Oleans very intresting.

Just woke up and heard the news! Great job to all! I can't wait to travel out to Olean for that game next season. Sounds like a neat place to watch a game. I'll have to try those chicken subs in Olean that Haggyland raved about!

I'm excited for next season. I think we have a very solid, young frontcourt and a very deep team overall (11 players returning, I believe). I think we absolutely can make a strong run for, and win, the league title next year. Hopefully those season tickets will become available sooner rather than later!! And I'm counting down the days to the Siena game ... .

Archived