UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Classic example of how UA has raw deal with Siena

http://sienasaints.cstv.com/sports/m-baskb.../113007aaa.html

explain to me how this is fair to get UAlbany fans and alumni to come and then call it a game for the city of Albany and battle for the Albany Cup.

The real question is-- why didnt we get SEFCU to get our kids 1500 seats for the game.

Seriously, the only way UAlbany should continue this series is if Siena and Albany split the TU right down the middle ala Florida/Georgia and Texas/Oklahoma in football and Kentucky/Louisville in basketball.

If not, schedule some better teams to help UA's rpi every year, something Siena doesn't help one bit.

Seriously, the only way UAlbany should continue this series is if Siena and Albany split the TU right down the middle ala Florida/Georgia and Texas/Oklahoma in football and Kentucky/Louisville in basketball.

If not, schedule some better teams to help UA's rpi every year, something Siena doesn't help one bit.

I just got back from the game, and I have so many mixed feelings about what to do with this series. Would splitting the TUC right down the midle help us get the $iena monkey off of our back that we seem to have? Would ditching the rivalry to go onto bigger and better things be the best for the Capital Region? I see the benefit of playing against a better team, even if it means less fans traveling to see them, but wouldn't doing that lead $iena fans to harp on that "State chickened out since they couldn't play with the big dogs?".

Either make it equal and alternate who is the home team each year or walk away. I'd rather at this point take a good game against an A-10 or CAA level team (or rekindle the Buffalo rivalry even), maybe even a BCS-level conference if we're lucky, than go into a situation that doesn't benefit us as a team and a program. Equality or nothing!!

I just got back from the game, and I have so many mixed feelings about what to do with this series. Would splitting the TUC right down the midle help us get the $iena monkey off of our back that we seem to have? Would ditching the rivalry to go onto bigger and better things be the best for the Capital Region? I see the benefit of playing against a better team, even if it means less fans traveling to see them, but wouldn't doing that lead $iena fans to harp on that "State chickened out since they couldn't play with the big dogs?".

Either make it equal and alternate who is the home team each year or walk away. I'd rather at this point take a good game against an A-10 or CAA level team (or rekindle the Buffalo rivalry even), maybe even a BCS-level conference if we're lucky, than go into a situation that doesn't benefit us as a team and a program. Equality or nothing!!

What was the crowd like? I have no idea. Do you have an idea of how the crowd split? How was the noise support for each team?

What was the crowd like? I have no idea. Do you have an idea of how the crowd split? How was the noise support for each team?

UA section was mostly full, $iena was out in full force. We screamed as much as we could (especially in the second half when it got close), but as a game of numbers they had more though the actual noise level was closer since a lot of their crowd did nothing. The crowd was more $iena than Albany though a lot seemed to be neutral or not-showing-their-colors.

Their "goldout" plan seemed to work though some UA fans didn't get the memo while a larger bunch of $iena fans didn't get their memo and came in green. Imagine if the spilt was more equitable with more noisy fans of ours going against the near-catatonic part of their crowd...

UA section was mostly full, $iena was out in full force. We screamed as much as we could (especially in the second half when it got close), but as a game of numbers they had more though the actual noise level was closer since a lot of their crowd did nothing. The crowd was more $iena than Albany though a lot seemed to be neutral or not-showing-their-colors.

Their "goldout" plan seemed to work though some UA fans didn't get the memo while a larger bunch of $iena fans didn't get their memo and came in green. Imagine if the spilt was more equitable with more noisy fans of ours going against the near-catatonic part of their crowd...

scrabble,

Thanks for your info. Sounds like the UA effort was too little and too late. Valiant comeback.

scrabble,

Thanks for your info. Sounds like the UA effort was too little and too late. Valiant comeback.

That explains pretty much every Siena game in the last several years, 2004 and its odd circumstances aside.

Archived