UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Best place to park

I am going down around 3:30...best place to park? I know there is the parking garage right next to the arena, but where else can I park (parking garage etc...)? I prefer to be in a parking lot or garage then parking on the street.

This is an excellent question....I've usually parked down past McD's if you take Broadway towards the DMV building on one of the side streets down there. I'll probably do the same again.

I've been to a ton of concerts there over the years and always parked down near McDonalds. Always seemed like and easy way to get away from that area after the event.

Per Sarge--"Try the State's East Parking Garage which is off of Madison between Philip and Eagle (across from Hill Street). Parking is free and open to the public on weekends."

You absolutely can't beat the East Parking Garage...its free...patrolled regularly by the State Police and it has its own on ramp to the Plaza arterial that leads directly to 787...absolutely no traffic...in fact I have often wondered why anyone in their right mind would pay to park in that mess of an arena garage...it takes forever to get out of there...I'm surprised the county doesn't raise hell with OGS for leaving East Garage open to the public for free when the county's getting 6 bucks or whatever right across the Street!

I am going down around 3:30...best place to park? I know there is the parking garage right next to the arena, but where else can I park (parking garage etc...)? I prefer to be in a parking lot or garage then parking on the street.

I always park down on Broadway towards the Federal Courthouse and DEC Building for weekend events. Easy access to 787 ... .

. . . You absolutely can't beat the East Parking Garage...its free...patrolled regularly by the State Police and it has its own on ramp to the Plaza arterial that leads directly to 787...absolutely no traffic...in fact I have often wondered why anyone in their right mind would pay to park in that mess of an arena garage...it takes forever to get out of there...I'm surprised the county doesn't raise hell with OGS for leaving East Garage open to the public for free when the county's getting 6 bucks or whatever right across the Street!

I made the mistake of parking in that garage, and I can only concur about the difficulty of getting out of there. One year my wife and I arrived late, so we ended up parkng on the top level. It is the last level that leaves the place. Someone pulled his car out of his space, and then his car died right in the middle of the driving lane. We had to wait not only for every level to clear, but also to see a tow truck arrive and get the car out of the way for us and others to clear. Never again!

The other problem with the parking garage is that upon leaving, you face a traffic light which doesn't turn often in your favor. I am surprised that with the amount of money that comes from that type of event that someone (Albany County, City of Albany, Siena College) doesn't hire a cop to stand in place and override the light. Someone with a brain should be running this operation.

Try the State's East Parking Garage which is off of Madison between Philip and Eagle (across from Hill Street). Parking is free and open to the public on weekends.

Thanks for mentioning it Sarge. We parked there and we out in no time although there seemed to be some well-lubricated Albany and Siena students about to fight on the way.

On a similar note it was amazing how long the beer lines were near our section while there was a beer stand near the rear entrance (near parking garage) with no line at all. I'll have to remember that next year.

Archived