UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Delaware

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the women's game. We got fouled twice on our last posession with no call. Should have won it at the ft line. Women played very well. I am impressed with the intensity. We were very sloppy with the ball for the first 10 mins. but we shook that off and played well. Make sure you see them play before you "fire" the coach.

agreed '73. Out of 8 loses, this is the 4th game they have lost by 5 points or less. You have to understand, this is still a young team. We had two sophmores do most of the scoring tonight. It sure beats losing by 15-20 like they did last year.

Give the ladies some credit---they are IN games--no blow outs. THe core is young and will grow. As far as the Men--need to think about starting Josh at the point. A long bus ride home---and I am sure a tough practice---then a long bus ride to Olean

Yes, I went to the game as well. They got down early from some lights out shooting from UB. They battled back and never gave up. I like the personality and hard work ethic of the team.

Is UB always that good of a shooting team as it seems we were giving them the open looks early and often in the game.

that being said I hope the staff and teams continue to improve. It is a shame on the turnout for the game with attendance. It would be nice if the school and boosters could help promote the women's team more. As a father of a son and daughter who both play hoops the inequity is EVIDENT!

As far as the men's game....the charity stripe was crazy !!!! did our team get lazy on defense? way too many fouls!

Make sure you see them play before you "fire" the coach.

Year Record Pct

02-03 9-18 .333

03-04 13-16 .448

04-05 14-14 .500

05-06 7-21 .250

06-07 9-22 .290

07-08 1-8 .111

Total 53-99 .349

I'll tell you what. I will go to the next woman's home game if you promise to tell me face to face that this is not a disappointing record.

Make sure you see them play before you "fire" the coach.

Year Record Pct

02-03 9-18 .333

03-04 13-16 .448

04-05 14-14 .500

05-06 7-21 .250

06-07 9-22 .290

07-08 1-8 .111

Total 53-99 .349

I'll tell you what. I will go to the next woman's home game if you promise to tell me face to face that this is not a disappointing record.

I didn't say it wasn't disappointing, I said they are better and are competing better. If they had scheduled weaker opponents and won a couple more games, you might be happier? They are definitely stronger than last year and one of the better players frrom last year is on crutches. I'm willing to give them some slack for now.

I didn't say it wasn't disappointing, I said they are better and are competing better. If they had scheduled weaker opponents and won a couple more games, you might be happier? They are definitely stronger than last year and one of the better players frrom last year is on crutches. I'm willing to give them some slack for now.

I wish them luck, and I know the leader is usually the first to be blamed, which is not always fair.

Not every program has to enjoy the success that has occurred in recent years at UA, but it sure would be nice to see some rapid improvement with the program.

When I initated discussion about the women's team earlier, I was wondering how the University (athletic department) is looking at this. There were a few comments made before the season started... which seemed very straight forward.

I do recall the AD's comments, saying that he expected a change, saying they need to be very competetive... He didn't necessarily use the terms win. (if my recollection serves me correctly)

Next, the women's team has been in every game they've played.

An ugly record but they've been very competative in all of their games. And this is the Non Coference schedule we are dealing with now, which means they are probably much better teams. For God's sake, they almost beat Indiana. That's saying something.

I assume that the way we handle the America East conference schedule will be the determining factor. But, again with my original question, i wonder how the athletic department is judging the team to this point.

Seems like it's a talented bunch of women out there.

Maybe the coach was right, hopefully, that this may be a turning point.

They played hard and came back in dramatic fashion.

They could still win the AE championship, because non conference games don't mean much.

It should be very interesting.

Coach Patterson got her initial extension for going 14-14 with players she didn't recruit. While Coach Brown was 13-15 and told to fend for himself.

Since the extension she is something like 17-51 with mainly her own players. Will a .500 finish in the AE get her a contract?

The girl's are seemingly playing hard and seem to be competitive but Coach Brown's 13-15 team did the same and it wasn't enough.

Hopefully our ladies have a strong conference season and there is no doubt at the end of the season that the team is headed in the right direction.

From a fan's perspective it's an interesting situation - from a coach's perspective there has to be a lot of pressure.

It should be very interesting.

Coach Patterson got her initial extension for going 14-14 with players she didn't recruit. While Coach Brown was 13-15 and told to fend for himself.

Since the extension she is something like 17-51 with mainly her own players. Will a .500 finish in the AE get her a contract?

The girl's are seemingly playing hard and seem to be competitive but Coach Brown's 13-15 team did the same and it wasn't enough.

Hopefully our ladies have a strong conference season and there is no doubt at the end of the season that the team is headed in the right direction.

From a fan's perspective it's an interesting situation - from a coach's perspective there has to be a lot of pressure.

If this was the men's team we would be screaming from the rooftops of the towers we need to replace the coach.

I am sure the AD will look at the coaching, recruiting, players academics, and competitiveness of the team.

I will continue to pull for the Lady Danes!

I hope the next game I see for them is a Victory!

"This is the best loss we've had," said UAlbany coach Trina Patterson. "This is a momentum swing for us. We got in a deep hole, but we had people step up."

Additional commentary unnecessary.

Unfortunately (I dont think anyone here WANTS someone to be fired), her record, recruiting, etc. will cause UA to cut ties with her at the end of the year.

Fact is, as much as some want to defend her, SHE WON WITH MARI's TEAM. Her recruits have been serviceable, but not of the quality to win basketball games at a level where the team can contend for an AE Title.

We have a solid all-around women's athletic program, however the marquis sport at most school--basketball-- has not produced for the Danes.

"This is the best loss we've had," said UAlbany coach Trina Patterson. "This is a momentum swing for us. We got in a deep hole, but we had people step up."

Additional commentary unnecessary.

Unfortunately (I dont think anyone here WANTS someone to be fired), her record, recruiting, etc. will cause UA to cut ties with her at the end of the year.

Fact is, as much as some want to defend her, SHE WON WITH MARI's TEAM. Her recruits have been serviceable, but not of the quality to win basketball games at a level where the team can contend for an AE Title.

We have a solid all-around women's athletic program, however the marquis sport at most school--basketball-- has not produced for the Danes.

Mari's team?

that is not saying much considering she is coaching high school in the Burgh and not very successfull there either!

Archived