UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Pretty sure Siena can stay within FORTY ONE points of Duke.

One only has to look at Tony's idiotic post/thread, when in fact Siena inflates their number routinely......an a-hole type of post. He's an OK guy for the most part but sometimes makes an a$$ of himself when he simply can't help himself. Apparently, both Siena and UA employ the same "ryder" guy....just don't tell Tony that it's the same guy.

So much for hearing how their attendance is great etc.....last nights game 5,200 reported....which in actuality means south of 5K for a great match up if one is to believe the posters on their board (how Siena pads it's numbers). Yet Tony is concerned that we are inflating our numbers. Unreal!

Siena is getting it done on the court....no doubt about that as they currently sit with an RPI of 25 or so.....somewhere we've never been so props to them. But where are the people who were supposed to clamor for the "limited" seats? Perhaps Siena should think about ordering more hefty bags.

I think it takes a remarkable amount of hubris from Siena posters to come to this board and flout their team, especially when they use heavily contested home-court advantage wins against UA as the measuring stick.

They have one thing to hold on to, but I have no doubts that in time even the head-to-head basketball records will sway in UA's favor.

Also, while their team is having a very good run this year, there is no guarantee that they will make the NCAAs, so maybe they should concentrate on that.

Possibly, after 30 years of Division I basketball, Siena might lose to Duke by only 35 this year, but at least Albany's never given up 144 and lost by 52 to Syracuse, 136 and lost by 45 to Bowling Green, or 123 and lost by 48 to Syracuse (before the three-point shot and shot clock!).

I think it takes a remarkable amount of hubris from Siena posters to come to this board and flout their team, especially when they use heavily contested home-court advantage wins against UA as the measuring stick.

They have one thing to hold on to, but I have no doubts that in time even the head-to-head basketball records will sway in UA's favor.

Also, while their team is having a very good run this year, there is no guarantee that they will make the NCAAs, so maybe they should concentrate on that.

Siena beats Albany at least 80% of the time regardless of where the ball gets tossed. Trust me, that's no measuring stick.

Siena fans have every reason to be concerned. Their small school is located in "nowhere" town New York, yet they were able to stay on the tangent of American collegiate athletics. Those days are GONE. American collegiate sports are in the age of the flagship state school. With the exception of well funded and established programs like ND, the rest will be long gone. Go back to DIII Siena, St Francis etc. Your day is over.

Florida, UCLA, Michigan, Georgia, UConn etc, they dominate more than just football today. They will dominate every collegiate sport. The SEC was a football conference but today they are equally tough in sports that small private schools once competed in. Kids want to attend a brand name school, not "Saint Nobody" from a town nobody in America could find on a map. I'm Catholic but I recognize the future of education and athletics is at the flagship. Period.

Albany has only been D1 for a few years and have already collected 27 conference titles. This isn't a one sport school either unlike Siena. LAX, Football, basketball etc. are all far ahead any other school a few years into D1. In another 5 years Albany will be in a CAA/A10 level conference. Siena... going nowhere but down. Laugh now, cry later.

Siena beats Albany at least 80% of the time regardless of where the ball gets tossed. Trust me, that's no measuring stick.

If you are talking about a basketball then there will never be an opportunity to prove your claim. As much as Siena fans rightfully use arena capacity as an excuse as to why they will not play at the SEFCU, they should also realize that fear is almost as large of a determinent. Without controlling the matchup Siena would more than likely lose to UA, and tainted their glorious program.

If you are talking about a volleyball, a softball, or a lacrosse ball, then you better weasel your way back to your powerhouse program's boards and check you facts.

See you next year assuming your AD is man enough to agree to a more equitable series.

Possibly, after 30 years of Division I basketball, Siena might lose to Duke by only 35 this year, but at least Albany's never given up 144 and lost by 52 to Syracuse, 136 and lost by 45 to Bowling Green, or 123 and lost by 48 to Syracuse (before the three-point shot and shot clock!).

Maybe sometime in the next 30 years of basketball, Duke will find Siena to be worthy enough to be invited to play on Coach K court at Cameron Indoor Stadium and we can see how they do.

Of course, if I was a Siena fan, and I am as far from being one as one can be, I think I would be more concerned with actual opponents in March games than an opponent the team has never played.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived