UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Lacrosse - AE Championships

UMBC is hosting the America East Men's Championship on May 1 & 3.

UAlbany has qualified for the tournament, even before playing Vermont and Stone Broke. Stone Broke has qualified as well.

What's up for grabs for UAlbany is seeding...

If we beat Vermont tomorrow, we will be #2 or #3 and will be playing Stone Broke in the first game of the championship tournament, and chances are Vermont will miss the tournament, giving Binghamton the birth @ #4.

Our women's team seems to have missed the championship tournament.

No, UMBC lost to BUMA today so the Albany women get the fourth playoff spot from the three-way tie

Women's Lacrosse Championship Field set - America East

"Albany, which received the bid because it allowed the fewest goals in games involving the other two tied teams, will face the top-seeded Terriers (13-2, 6-0 America East) in the first semifinal on Friday at 1 p.m."

No, UMBC lost to BUMA today so the Albany women get the fourth playoff spot from the three-way tie

Women's Lacrosse Championship Field set - America East

"Albany, which received the bid because it allowed the fewest goals in games involving the other two tied teams, will face the top-seeded Terriers (13-2, 6-0 America East) in the first semifinal on Friday at 1 p.m."

Hey, I'm glad I was mistaken. I thought because SB beat us, they would have gotten the bid.

UMBC is hosting the America East Men's Championship on May 1 & 3.

UAlbany has qualified for the tournament, even before playing Vermont and Stone Broke. Stone Broke has qualified as well.

What's up for grabs for UAlbany is seeding...

If we beat Vermont tomorrow, we will be #2 or #3 and will be playing Stone Broke in the first game of the championship tournament, and chances are Vermont will miss the tournament, giving Binghamton the birth @ #4.

While Bingo looks good if we beat Vermont (they would only need to beat Hartford) there is a chance that they could be a 3 way tie in the men also if UA beats Vermont. Vermont plays UMBC next week and Hartford plays Binghamton so a Hartford win and a UMBC win over Vermont would make another 3 way tie.

Team AE

UMBC 4-0

Stony Brook 3-1

Albany 2-1

Vermont 1-2

Binghamton 1-3

Hartford 0-4

DP, it is a funny story. Me and my color guy Charles Q, when we did the games on WCDB, went to the first game at home when Queener became the starting goalie. We were so use to seeing Kevin Rae who never left the goal. All of a sudden we see him sprinting down the field...we couldn't believe it! lol We didn't know what to think.

UAlbany men preparing for playoffs

Updated: 04/23/2008 08:35 PM

By: Web Staff

UAlbany men preparing for playoffs

The UAlbany Great Danes men’s lacrosse team is preparing to play Stony Brook, a team they’ll end their regular season with and then play in the first round of the playoffs.

ALBANY, N.Y. -- The UAlbany Great Danes get set to wrap up their regular season this weekend, as they host Stony Brook this Saturday at John Fallon Field starting at 7 p.m. Both teams are 3 and 1 in the America East.

So the winner of his one will be the second seed in next weeks American East Tournament and the loser is the third seed, which means they'll play each other this Saturday and then play each a week from this Thursday in the AE semifinals down in Baltimore.

Head Coach Scott Marr says this is something he never had to deal with. Playing a team to end the regular season then open up the post-season against that very same team is unusual, but his players fell it's something that could benefit them.

If you can't make it to John Fallon Field, the regular season finale can be seen live on TW3 this Saturday at 7 p.m.

Also a video on the website.

http://capitalnews9.com/content/sports/114...fs/Default.aspx

small blurb about the women.....

UAlbany fourth seed in women's lacrosse tourney

04/22/2008 08:14 AM

By: Web Staff

In Women's College Lacrosse, UAlbany is the fourth seed for the America East Tournament which starts this week. They'll open up against the number one seed Boston University

http://capitalnews9.com/content/sports/114...ey/Default.aspx

I know the maac is a weak lacrosse conference, which is probably why $iena was chosen as a preseason conf winner.

From my calculations, the maac tourny host $iena won't even make their conference playoffs.

Says alot about the lack of program.

Pro 7-1

Can 7-1

Man 5-3

Vmi 4-4

St J 4-4

$ie 4-4

Regular season head to head:

VMI 9

$IE 8

VMI 14

STJ 12

Tie breaker policy

http://www.maacsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml...p;ATCLID=939707

UA finishes a tough regular season schedule at 7-7 and with the #2 seed in the AE Tournament. while I know the team and many are disappointed, with the schedule and growth of this team, it should be a fun AE tournament, but a bright future for the program.

It might be wise for UAlbany to ax the $iena game from its schedule, and replace it with someone worthwhile, preferably a top 10 team.

I have no problem with keeping that game on the schedule as long as it always played at night and it is the only crap team on the schedule. Every ooc game doesn't have to be a top 10 team. One weak team is fine.

Archived