UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Josh Martin dismissed from team

Well...that clears up the PG logjam. I expect lots of minutes out of the two new guys. What do we do with the ride? I would like us to find a big...but would be happy holding the ride for a year.

Hopefully, Martin will learn and grow from this.

Mark it-- Logan Aronholt if he is not playing the three...will be our starting 2 guard sooner rather than later. Raffa and Johnson will see much time at the PG.

Ambrose will be a super 6th man...

I suppose we'll never know what exactly happened.

"he was not able to meet the minimum requirements that were established" .. minimum requirements.. sounds like grades to me. What else has min requirements? If that is, thats personal, and I do wish him the best of luck!

I'm sad to see Josh go but if he wasn't willing to do what he needed to do in the classroom then what other option did we have? Sounds like it was academics as the school year just ended and his grades probably did not pan out. To bad the young man squandered away a great opportunity to be an important piece of a young team next season. Sounds like coach Brown tried working with him, to get him to do what he needed to do but to no avail.

This team just went from young to younger. At this point it's very difficult to get quality players for this incoming class not to mention we probably need to balance out somewhat the classes so I'm thinking keeping the scholy 'till next year makes the most sense.

Crap....he was a solid ball handler and was solid against the press....we will be very young next season.

Again, I think we are fine with guards...I would like to see another big...or hold it for a four-man class next year.

I doubt Sofman renegs, but I do like the way you think Haggy! Monmouth should be decent...they are building a new arena...and his mom and dad are down the road and can see him play.

I was caught completely off guard by this. I'm real sad to see him go as he really was gonna play a big role on the team next year, but i'm glad to see coach holding his players accountable in the classroom. I think by this point it's too late to add someone for next season, as coach will probably hold on to the ride for next year's class...

What a cause for mixed feelings.

Its very gratifying to know we've got a coach who remains loyal to his principles as an educator and a leader. What's ultimately most important in Josh Martin's life is not basketball, and though it's a bitter pill for Mr. Martin and UA fans, I applaud Coach Brown for establishing ground rules and then holding players accountable to those rules even when the consequence is so absolute.

I'm certain many coaches would not similarly jeopardize their own employment. legacy, and opportunity. Its one thing to speak of values in the locker room, and another to be consistent when enforcement is required. Coach Brown has demonstrated an exemplary measure of quality in this matter that should be noted by every young man who ever considers coming to play for him.

As a fan, though, this is a difficult hole to fill. From what I saw, Josh Martin as a freshman, showed us only a fraction of what he might become. We're now even more dependent on the unknown and inexperienced.

Archived