UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

All Capital District Basketball team...

Apparently the TU is constructing an all capital district team...only people who played COLLEGE ball in the area is in consideration...13 players, plus a head coach and assistants (the assistants selected can be head coaches). What UA players do you think should be on this list?? I would think Sauers as a coach and Jamar as a player would HAVE to be a given, right?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently the TU is constructing an all capital district team...only people who played COLLEGE ball in the area is in consideration...13 players, plus a head coach and assistants (the assistants selected can be head coaches). What UA players do you think should be on this list?? I would think Sauers as a coach and Jamar as a player would HAVE to be a given, right?

Sauers and Jamar would have to be on the team if it is to be taken seriously.

But the request for the team is by the Siena beat writer (not a sports editor) so that ought to tell you something about the what that $iena paper is looking for and how much we should pay attention to it.

I will give it the zero credibility it deserves.

The TU is doing its pro siena thing and now they're Siena Bull$hitter$ are spinning their tales.

I for one won't play their silly game but.......

Just for clarification.......

1. over the last 3 seasons UA has had a better RPI then Siena in 2 of the 3 seasons - which if the MAAC is truly the superior league that speaks volumes for the job UA has done.

2. over the same 3 year span Siena/McCaffrey has gone 58 -36 and UA/Brown has gone 59-34.

3. Though many of us wear different tinted glasses the stats say that the 2 programs are realitively close and the coaches have both done solid jobs.

Some of those Siena morons are out of control....none more then Mick. He has absolutely NO facts and usually states things like....ummmm.....I don't know what their RPI has been in past year but I'm sure it's close to 28 or something to that effect. Never mind that season prior to last the MAAC came in at 23 with AE at 20 in '05 it was 16 to 22 in AE's favor. I swear....a bunch dopes!

Look for both leagues to be very close this season.

Aside from the bickering there are some interesting combinations up there. The one I found funny was the one that had Mike Deane as the head coach with Doc Sauers as his assistant. I know it's a hypothetical team but the thought of that gave me a chuckle.

Some of those Siena morons are out of control....none more then Mick. He has absolutely NO facts and usually states things like....ummmm.....I don't know what their RPI has been in past year but I'm sure it's close to 28 or something to that effect. Never mind that season prior to last the MAAC came in at 23 with AE at 20 in '05 it was 16 to 22 in AE's favor. I swear....a bunch dopes!

Look for both leagues to be very close this season.

Bosiydid

"Siena morons"

Now there is a redundancy.

Seriously I am not sure why you let those clowns bother you. They are laughing stocks with their obsession about RPI and with them still whining because they weren't good enough to make the ncaas 2 years ago in a lower rated conference to boot. It is like Steinbrenner whining this year because the AL was too tough for his overrated Yankees to make the playoffs. God, I think Steinbrenner will get over it quicker than the LCC fans. To still be whining about that in the selection of a so call all Albany team is a joke. That is where I stopped reading the comments on the Tu site.

I already gave my opinion of the Siena beat writer doing this. He is not qualified and I am not going to trust his results.

Heck, Since I don't care about any of the LCC players, I would be more interested in an all-time UAlbany team from someone qualified to do it(certainly not the TU) and I know I am not qualified as I only followed UA sports closely in the D1 era. For that team it would be difficult to select a coach as we have been blessed with 2 excellent coaches. How do you compare 40 years of excellence at the d3 level vs. a coach who basically built the d1 era from nothing and is still adding to his accomplishments. In my opinion, it is just enough to enjoy the coach while he is here and not worry about some arbitrary ranking. The important thing is not only has UA had coaches who have been good but they have been in the area long enough to see freshman classes on their teams graduate multiple times unlike most coaches at the suburban community college.

• 2 weeks later...

But the request for the team is by the Siena beat writer (not a sports editor) so that ought to tell you something about the what that $iena paper is looking for and how much we should pay attention to it.

It's really easy to issue zero credibility when you realistically have a near zero chance of placing a kid on the team.

It's really easy to issue zero credibility when you realistically have a near zero chance of placing a kid on the team.

Well apparently your math is off.....we have a 20% chance of putting a kid on the team and a head coach. Man that must chap your ass....I'm sure if you had it your way, the team would be packed with Siena player and coaches. Good thing they left Hewitt off the team someone had to not make it and I'm glad it was him, he was here for only 3 season and bolted.

Well apparently your math is off.....we have a 20% chance of putting a kid on the team and a head coach. Man that must chap your ass....I'm sure if you had it your way, the team would be packed with Siena player and coaches. Good thing they left Hewitt off the team someone had to not make it and I'm glad it was him, he was here for only 3 season and bolted.

Bosiyid

Not just his math is off.

He just wrote an idiotic comment like most Siena or maac fans do.

Again this is a team picked by the TU and primarily the LCC beat writer. How is he an expert enough on the history of Capital region basketball to pick this team.

As I said Sauers and Jamar would have to be on the team if it is to be taken seriously. They are on the team, so his dumb point about having no one on the team makes absolutely NO SENSE.

Also the fact that the TU made a couple of obvious selections still doesn't prove they have the qualifications to select a legitimate team.

Archived