UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Athletic Department Holds Online Fundraising Auction

haggyland

Just saw this on the main UA atheltic's site:

Articel

Auction

This looks like a great way to get some fund-raising going. I can't wait to see all the items, then compare them versus my check book, and see if I can get away with any of them.

"when the program travels to Georgia Southern for its 2009 season opener"

I'll be there!

I received a donation request from the Atletic Dept in the mail along with a UAlbany logo sticker for my car (I've been meaning to get one of those).

"when the program travels to Georgia Southern for its 2009 season opener"

I'll be there!

count me in too!

Provided by UAlbany Athletics - Purple/Gold and green Pass

Do you enjoy the cross-town rivalry between the University at Albany GREAT DANES and the Siena College Saints? If so, 2009 is your year! You will receive two tickets to all UAlbany home contests: men and women’s basketball, men and women’s lacrosse, softball, tennis, men and women’s soccer, field hockey, volleyball for the Spring 2009 and Fall 2009 seasons. You can proudly represent the Great Danes at these contests decked out in the PURPLE AND GOLD and green t-shirt. Can you say “Saints we ain’t!”?

Was this Item created especially for Bob?

B)-->

QUOTE(Zalman B @ Nov 2 2008, 02:56 PM) 37055[/snapback]

Do you enjoy the cross-town rivalry between the University at Albany GREAT DANES and the Siena College Saints? If so, 2009 is your year! You will receive two tickets to all UAlbany home contests: men and women’s basketball, men and women’s lacrosse, softball, tennis, men and women’s soccer, field hockey, volleyball for the Spring 2009 and Fall 2009 seasons. You can proudly represent the Great Danes at these contests decked out in the PURPLE AND GOLD and green t-shirt. Can you say “Saints we ain’t!”?

Looking at those items I think it is a little unfortunate that more "low roller" items couldn't be included.

While I have no interest in a $4,000 mink jacket I do have some interest in some nice prints. And while I realize that these smaller items can be bought in the online store I think auctions like this could be used as a way to generate conversation and excitement.

Just saying...

Other than that I hope the auction generates a nice windfall for the program.

The Georgia Southern game would be nice but a grand is a bit much considering I'm driving from Atlanta, not flying from Smallbany. I'll be in Statesboro to cheer on the Danes either way. I can guarantee you that.

The UMass game may be a better deal. $250 (or a bit higher if bidding moves it) is pretty reasonable and the UMass game will be great. With my flight and hotel I'm still probably looking at a grand but it may be worth it. This would have to be bid up? Seems too good, especially if your local to Albany. I'll keep an eye on it.

I'm surprised no one has bid yet. Is this Ebay? Is everyone going to wait to the last minute?

PLEASE, I am hereby begging whoever is running this auction to stop embarassing him/her/itself and the University by sending e mails such as the one I just received titled " UAlbany auction now excepting bids".

Surely you missed a double r in embarrassing, no? :lol: Point will taken though......'excepting bids' OUCH!

B)-->

QUOTE(Zalman B @ Nov 2 2008, 02:56 PM) 37055[/snapback]

It certainly seems like it except for the green part on the t-shirt :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

B)-->

QUOTE(Zalman B @ Dec 1 2008, 03:34 PM) 38039[/snapback]
Only 30 minutes or so left for those that want to bid.

Damn, I knew there was something else I was supposed to do over the weekend... :angry2:

I blame it on the Turkey Hangover. Hopefully a bunch of last minute bids got placed.

I know, I completely forgot as well -- perhaps for those items not bid on, the powers that be will extend the auction window for "excepting" bids?

Archived