UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ c-N-UH

Saints fan , I'll let you do the research, but, when was the last time Siena lost a home game with Mike Alvaro as a ref?

The Friday poll for today should have been which of out players will be tagged with two fouls, one of the very cheap variety in the first 5 minutes of the game and be forced to sit 15 minutes. My vote would be Ambrose.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saints fan , I'll let you do the research, but, when was the last time Siena lost a home game with Mike Alvaro as a ref?

The Friday poll for today should have been which of out players will be tagged with two fouls, one of the very cheap variety in the first 5 minutes of the game and be forced to sit 15 minutes. My vote would be Ambrose.

Do we know who the refs are going to be for this one?

When Slower teams ( SUNY) play faster and more athletic teams ( Siena) its not unusual for the slower team to pick up allot of fouls

In all the good analysis and everyone's breakdown of the game, the home court advantage has received little or no mention. How many points is that worth? I for one, think its had something to do with UA losing within 5 points these past few years.

What are you talking about according to uofAlbany- SUNY brings 8K fans.. The game is 5 min from the teams Dorm’s how do you figure that a road game? You guys can’t have it both ways. The reason why road teams are 4.5 dogs:

Travel- nope that’s not a concern for SUNY.. Hostile fans- according to you guys SUNY has at least half the fans. Unfamiliar officials- nope you get officials that do AE games.. So there goes your road theory up in smoke. Maybe you can come up with another excuse for all your losses. This game is about as close as you can come to a neutral court game

Jeffrey Smith

Gary Pucino

Jeffrey Anderson

Gene Steratore

Jeff Anderson

Jeff Plunkett

Gary Tracy

Mike Alvaro

Rich Giallella

Is Jeffrey Anderson the same guy as Jeff Anderson?

bald black dude... and YES hes done MAAC games as well. What you chuckleheads dont know is that many of the same officials do MAAC and AE games. They know both conferences well... so now perhaps all of the officials have it in for SUNY in the Siena games??

we actually dont like Anderson btw. He has a habbit of making calls when hes the furthest official from the action.

Before you take my comment an run with it, I want to reinforce the point that I have a problem with ONE call in particular where the official missed a blatant call. I'm not saying these guys are fixing games in favor of c-N-UH. Please keep my comment in context, let's be fair.

my point was just to set the record straight regarding who officiates games. Nothing against your comment ... more to do with the claim that MAAC officials do these games.

Jeffrey Smith

Gary Pucino

Jeffrey Anderson

Gene Steratore

Jeff Anderson

Jeff Plunkett

Gary Tracy

Mike Alvaro

Rich Giallella

Is Jeffrey Anderson the same guy as Jeff Anderson?

bald black dude... and YES hes done MAAC games as well. What you chuckleheads dont know is that many of the same officials do MAAC and AE games. They know both conferences well... so now perhaps all of the officials have it in for SUNY in the Siena games??

we actually dont like Anderson btw. He has a habbit of making calls when hes the furthest official from the action.

Before you take my comment an run with it, I want to reinforce the point that I have a problem with ONE call in particular where the official missed a blatant call. I'm not saying these guys are fixing games in favor of c-N-UH. Please keep my comment in context, let's be fair.

my point was just to set the record straight regarding who officiates games. Nothing against your comment ... more to do with the claim that MAAC officials do these games.

Fair enough...can you please provide the link to the information you supplied. Not only so I can verify that what you posted is correct but so I can have it as a resource going forward. Should I ever want to know who ref'd what game.

If 'For some reason the game tends to be close despite differences in talent levels' maybe the reason is that your analysis of the talent is wrong.

I know you say we know nothing about Division I basketball, so tell us - who besides parochial, self-absorbed MAAC fans think the MAAC is a quantum leap better than any other northeastern league? If you get more than 100 miles from NYC, what reaction to the MAAC do you get other than "wait, you're not talking about the Mid-American Conference?" or "the conference where football programs go to die?"

More typical is in this article : "These (Ivy and AE) conferences are basically on par with the MAAC, the Northeast and the Patriot"

if you are insinuating something with this... make your claim and put some facts out there.

if you are insinuating something with this... make your claim and put some facts out there.

SaintsFan,

I'll ask again, can you please provide the link to the information you provided?

If 'For some reason the game tends to be close despite differences in talent levels' maybe the reason is that your analysis of the talent is wrong.

I know you say we know nothing about Division I basketball, so tell us - who besides parochial, self-absorbed MAAC fans think the MAAC is a quantum leap better than any other northeastern league? If you get more than 100 miles from NYC, what reaction to the MAAC do you get other than "wait, you're not talking about the Mid-American Conference?" or "the conference where football programs go to die?"

More typical is in this article : "These (Ivy and AE) conferences are basically on par with the MAAC, the Northeast and the Patriot"

ummm Siena finished 56th last year ... UA finished 206. That is a HUGE difference if you want to claim that there wasnt a huge talent difference ... embarrass yoruself by doing so.

The teams know each other and their personnel QUITE well. I suspect other than conference opponents they know each other moreso than any other team. They may know each other even more than some conference foes. I dont expect you to understand what that alone will do.

The game is close because it draws out the best in the underdog. They want respect. Its also close as stated above because they know the personnel top to bottom.. strengths and weaknesses.

SaintsFan,

I'll ask again, can you please provide the link to the information you provided?

www.espn.com

SaintsFan,

www.espn.com

Humor me...give me a direct link. I'm starting to suspect something sinister here

SaintsFan,

www.espn.com

Humor me...give me a direct link. I'm starting to suspect something sinister here

I know stats arent your thing ;-) but check the box scores among things like points, rebounds, and assists it also lists things like attendance, officials... and even the scores!

Archived