UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ c-N-UH

And all of this talk from the Loudonville Community College haystackers is:

UAlbany's new guys are going to get nervous in front of a big crowd at the Pepsi Arena...

What I think is that UAlbany's new guys are going to smash this right down their throats, breaking the teeth of these top50 wannabees, and have the personalities to do it, and to do it right.

Wow...you sir are very confident. I am not predicting a win....c-n-uh is the better team. My only point is, I don't think we'll get our doors blown off by 30 as some of the hayseed nation have predicted.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and UAs claim to fame... "we almost won against..." "we played well against..."

line up the excuses because Im sure they will be FLOWING tomorrow night into next week

the refs

homecourt

it was cold out

my cat had diarhea

you guys CANT admit Siena is better than you

and until you win consistently we DONT have to admit SUNY is anything but a lower conference wannabe

and if UA won 25 games (LOL) and got dumped by UVM it would be a disappointing season.

what you fools ignore is that i have seen NO siena fan on this or any other board claim to be a top 25 team. You guys spew that so it can give you comfort in your loss

I love our (UA Fans) diligence!!!!!!

Why do you even pay attention to the spinmasters of $iena????

Half of there big wins come when teams are depleted - see Stanford last year as well as Rider in the Championship game.

They talk about avenging last years loss to Cornell of course Cornell came in without their best returning player.

I give them all the credit in the world for having a great game against Vanderbilt but they turned around and got dumped by Villanova.

They can spin things anyway they want, they have a heavy advantage over us head to head but all those games were at their home court and in the past 3 seasons 2 OT games (1 double OT) and a 4 pointer. They're tough at the TUC it's their homecourt. It's probably worth 4-5 points atleast.

Take the whole body of work in the past 3 seasons UA has had a better RPI then $iena twice, and currently Siena is trailing UA this season, although I think $iena will finish with a better RPI then UA.

But who cares it's $iena and it's early in the season - at their homecourt - and we still get crappy seats.

UA needs to be ready for the AE Tourney, know that's important.

If Siena wins 25 games and gets dumped by Niagara their's will be a truly disappointing season for a self professed TOP 25 team.

I have a great site that I like/use for rpi forcasts. This site has proven to be fairly/to very reliable in prediction final rpi's. At this point c-n-uh is expected to finish with an rpi of 67 and UA with an rpi 103....if UA finds a way to pull this game out you'll see Siena struggle to stay in the top 100.

UAlbany's new guys are going to get nervous in front of a big crowd at the Pepsi Arena...

What I think is that UAlbany's new guys are going to smash this right down their throats, breaking the teeth of these top50 wannabees, and have the personalities to do it, and to do it right.

Wow...you sir are very confident. I am not predicting a win....c-n-uh is the better team. My only point is, I don't think we'll get our doors blown off by 30 as some of the hayseed nation have predicted.

I did like my original version quite well, but...... let me rephrase a bit.

UAlbany is going to take $iena's perception of UAlbany's new team and smash it right down their throats, breaking the teeth of these top50 wannabees.

It IS going to be a CLOSE game between two talented teams. The major difference between this year and last year, in regards to talents levels of both teams, is that UAlbany got much better talent wise... the cornheads remains the same.

what you fools ignore is that i have seen NO siena fan on this or any other board claim to be a top 25 team.

Nice to see you with the name-calling when you are dead wrong again.

Even your coach was quoted as saying he thought Siena was one of the best 25 teams in the nation.

That is worse than fans getting carried away. He should know better.

Your beat writer at least was quoted that he on the other hand would not put Siena in the top 25 unless they were 7-1 after 8 games but plenty of others bought the hype before Siena accomplished anything this season.

and UAs claim to fame... "we almost won against..." "we played well against..."

line up the excuses because Im sure they will be FLOWING tomorrow night into next week

the refs

homecourt

it was cold out

my cat had diarhea

you guys CANT admit Siena is better than you

and until you win consistently we DONT have to admit SUNY is anything but a lower conference wannabe

and if UA won 25 games (LOL) and got dumped by UVM it would be a disappointing season.

what you fools ignore is that i have seen NO siena fan on this or any other board claim to be a top 25 team. You guys spew that so it can give you comfort in your loss

I happen to agree with you on some of this post....until we win we shouldn't expect an OUNCE of respect from hayseed nation. For me....tomorrow it's win or shut up. You won't hear a peep from me...if we get trounced by 30 I'll come on the c-n-uh board, tip my hat and be off to scout the Lehigh game. We haven't done shet against c-n-uh, an L is an L. We are not the favorites in this game, you are so what pressure is there on UA? I think the only pressure is to prove that we belong.

As far as coulda, shoulda, woulda....have you read anything on your board since the Orlando debacle where your top 40 dreams went to die? There were ALLOT of excuses....everything from....we are tired to if only that last bucket from Kenny went down.....gotta love the hypocrisy! There were a couple of sane posters on the c-n-uh board who took the wait and see approach, you and many others were not in that crowd.....you all ran around like chickens with your head cut off from site to site trying to dig up any top this or top that article you could come across. Welcome back to earth!

and this fool will be the first spewing excuses

Fran M, is that you?

Stop foaming at the mouth, and stop stealing my 'thinking up excuses' bit.

I've used it several times already.

I'm not sure the excuses that you would use, would divert the mass identity crisis that your fanbase would experience if we win.

I kinda like this basketball rivalry to be close, because beating $iena in every other sport all the time...... well, there's not much drama and excitement.

SUNY wont be remotely that close to 100 by seasons end. Print it.

You mean like you told me to print it that we'd be relegated as a conference to to mid 20's again? You mean like you and gorvy told me that post Jamar we'd be back in the 200+'s year in and year out? Your "print it" are about the dumbest and emptiest two words ever strung together.

I did like my original version quite well, but...... let me rephrase a bit.

UAlbany is going to take $iena's perception of UAlbany's new team and smash it right down their throats, breaking the teeth of these top50 wannabees.

It IS going to be a CLOSE game between two talented teams. The major difference between this year and last year, in regards to talents levels of both teams, is that UAlbany got much better talent wise... the cornheads remains the same.

Why cornheads? I've seen Siena fans referred to as hayseeds by other maac schools, ostensibly reflecting the downstate perception that the Capital District is farm country. I am not sure why a UAlbany fan would refer to a Siena fan similarly given our relative proximity.

Beyond that, I agree with the meat of your post, this will be a close game between two talented teams. UAlbany is playing better right now but Siena seems to have an edge on talent/experience. Whomever wins the turnover battle wins the game. (Actually, if UAlbany can keep it close, then Siena has to keep the rebounding margin close as well.)

Should be a fun one.

Oh, and to keep KingDane happy ... Albany sucks (and so does bob87) :rolleyes:

I happen to agree with you on some of this post....until we win we shouldn't expect an OUNCE of respect from hayseed nation.

I really don't care about respect from those idiots. I much rather beat them by 3 and get no respect from them than lose by 3 or 4 again and get respect for taking a top 25 team toe to toe.

As anyone who know me knows, I travelled to a lot of UA basketball games and have seen Other fans respect Albany for what they have done and the fact that LCC fans don't says a lot more about them than it does about UA.

Archived