UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Post Game thoughts!

FWIW....some thoughts....I know it was Kansas but this was beyond disappointment!

- This teams needs to drop EVERYTHING IT'S WORKING ON AND GET IN THE GYM AND SHOOT UNTIL THEIR FINGERTIPS ARE RAW. How many more games are they going to shoot like the have all season? How many games do we have under 40% shooting?

- At this point Will has been a nowhere near the player promised.....top five in the league? Top 50 maybe! Tim and Will should be locked in a room and made to think about what they are doing out there.

- Barraza has been bar none one of the worst shooters I've seen on any UA team, stop trying to throw them in from 26 feet....how about you hit a couple from 20!

All in all a very disappointing showing. No one really expected a win, but this?

kansas is a very good team as we saw. i know its dissapointing but, if you didnt see us getting blown out to begin with then youre crazy. i dont think we can accuse the players of not playing hard. if anything its the game plan offensively through the coach, which was stated before. kansas is a little different from the rest of the america east. as for baraza it was his first game back in a while. for everyone accusing him of chucking up 3pt shots, he did go 3-8, 3-4, and 2-5 in three games this year. good shooters are the ones that are not afraid to put them up. as for mccrae putting up 3s is a different story. i dont mind if allen, raffa or barazza take wide open shots. as for harris i think he'll be fine in conference play. im sure hes the most dissapointed about his performance thus far.

from here on out all the previous games mean nothing. it is a brand new season 0-0 and 16 more games to go, but hopefully 20.

heres to 19-0 and a trip back to the ncaas

I was under no delusion that we were going to win this game but I thought for sure that we would keep it somewhat close. I don't know if playing like this on national tv is worth the pay check. Where was mike johnson? don't think I saw him all night.

effort is something hard to judge. it seemed like they were hustling all game, but when a team is that much better than you its hard to give it 110% every possesion. i mean what else can we ask for. if you say more of an inside game, who are we going to throw it down low to with a 6-11 monster blocking everyones shots. come conference play there is no 6-11 monster. if you want them to attack the basket more, it seemed like they were getting the ball stripped or knocked away everytime. shots just didnt fall for us. we took a lot of open ones too. that is where i agree that there needs to be a long shootng session.

i may have a different opinion than everyone else, but its all good conversation.

Listen,

While I'm disappointed with the whooping we got I am by no mean discouraged about our prospects during AE play or that this team can be much better. Do we have some things to work on....YES! Do some players need to look in the mirror and figure out what exactly they are doing out there....YES! But on Saturday we start 0-0....we are not going to see anyone of this quality moving forward unless we get to the NCAA's. Kansas is a beast....I was simply hoping we could have a lightly better showing, something we could use to our advantage with recruits etc. Didn't happen....the beat goes on.

Get home....get back to work and get ready for Hartford on the road. It won't be a gimmie!

Far be it for me to give you guys some advice- but I will anyway :rolleyes: You guys need to relax- UA played two or three levels over their head last night. Kansas has won what 81 straight at Allen Fieldhouse’s over non conference competition. Kansas recruits in a different stratosphere than UA- Kansas is loaded with Macdonald All Americans . I wouldn’t be too hard on Harris or Ambrose- it wasn’t chopped liver they were being guarded by and Kansas obviously wanted to shut those two players down. Unfortunately you caught Kansas coming off a loss so no way they were looking past UA. A game like that helps in that it exposes your weaknesses and coach Brown can work on them. I really like this Albany team- you’re young but from top to bottom I think its the most talented UA team I have seen- you’ll be fine once you start playing AE competition

Siena Tony

You are right about one thing. You are far from the best guy to give advice.

Obviously we are disappointed in the game last night , but it is just one game against a really good team.

I don't see anyone giving up on the team or wanting to fire a coach like happens a lot when that suburban team you follow loses by 45 to a team 2 or 3 levels higher or even by 29 to a conference foe. We even saw your team like that bounce back and make the ncaas in this town last season so I give you you should know about coming back from bad games.

Every knows the season is far from over. The next game is Saturday. I'll wait until later to add more comments.

Where was mike johnson? don't think I saw him all night.

I was wondering that too. I haven't seen any mention of him being injured so I don't have a good feeling about his absence.

I'm hoping Connelly injury isn't serious. Credit to him for going back out and trying to play through it, I hope it didn't make it worse.

There were damn few positives to take from last night but I'll offer one - the rebounding was even.

I liked Giff out there early, his line was 4 pts, 6rb, 1ast and 1stl in 18 minutes on the court. He came out aggressive, ready to play only to pick up 2 quick fouls and had to sit. Still, good showing by Giff against one of the best centers in all of college basketball and a surefire NBA guy. Wish he could have stayed out there a little more.

I've been very happy with Giff most of this season, I know he'll never give us 18 and 9 because he isn't called on to do that, but his game has improved by leaps and bounds this season. Most of the time he seems to be in the right place at the right time, lately he's starting to take up allot of space in the paint, getting some blocks and his rebounding has been very solid.

This post-game quote from Brian Connelly sums it up for me. EFFORT. I hope, as a leader of this team, he gets on the guys who showed a lack of effort last night.

“That’s what we’re trying to do … On the same note, we can’t forget about this game and the lack of effort. You bring this lack of effort into any game we go into, we’re going to lose. Right now, our team isn’t good enough to just show up … TV game in front of all these people, you think we’d come out and play hard, we just didn’t.”
Also like this one from Caoch Brown:

I thought he (Connelly) was the one guy who was taking this game personal. I think right now we’ve got some nice kids that are talented but haven’t embraced the focus. A lot of guys are maybe too confident in their own abilities whereas we need to have 13 guys on the same page playing with that sense of urgency and playing with that focus.”

It was a disappointing loss. I think we will do well in the AE. I think we will be even better next year. I'm pretty excited about next year, not to look past this year but another year of development and UA will be real good. I like our chances next year against Siena.

As far as money games, we need them. Every sport should be taking a money game or two if possible. We need to build this program and that takes $$. My view on publicity is the same you hear in Hollywood. No such thing as bad publicity. Publicity is publicity. Being on TV is good for recruiting even if it's a bad loss. Young kids are brash and think they can make the difference. They want a shot at Duke, UCLA and Florida. Playing the big boys only make games like Bingo and UMBC seem more reasonable.

I say bring it on $$. I'd love a game against GT :)

It was a disappointing loss. I think we will do well in the AE. I think we will be even better next year. I'm pretty excited about next year, not to look past this year but another year of development and UA will be real good. I like our chances next year against Siena.

As far as money games, we need them. Every sport should be taking a money game or two if possible. We need to build this program and that takes $$. My view on publicity is the same you hear in Hollywood. No such thing as bad publicity. Publicity is publicity. Being on TV is good for recruiting even if it's a bad loss. Young kids are brash and think they can make the difference. They want a shot at Duke, UCLA and Florida. Playing the big boys only make games like Bingo and UMBC seem more reasonable.

I say bring it on $$. I'd love a game against GT :)

Anyone know if we have anyone really "BIG" lined up for next season? It seems we have at least one of these truly up games a year. UCLA, Duke, Florida, Kansas, Siena!

:D

Where was mike johnson? don't think I saw him all night.

I was wondering that too. I haven't seen any mention of him being injured so I don't have a good feeling about his absence.

Semester break is a bad time for someone to go missing. I hope to hear something positive soon. He is essential in league play. Barraza can't run the point for more than a possession or two. And although Raffa appears to have endless energy, everybody needs a break.

Archived