UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Denver vs. UA - Season Opener

here we go boys and girls...new re-furbished field and the start of season with a great deal of potential...

Here is IL video preview of the match... http://video.insidelacrosse.com/video/view...-albany-preview

I won't be able to make it to UA tmrw, however, is it possible that our alumni or whoever goes can take some snap shots etc... would greatly appreciate it

Go Danes!

Anyone know of a place online with live score updates?..thanks.

I can't find anything. No radio coverage either? No one on campus wants to do the radio broadcast for the school radio station? The new booth setup is supposed to be really nice and easy to broadcast from.

I was hoping TW3 would pick this game up, but I guess that didn't happen either.

UA loses 10-9...another one goal loss. Going back to in the 2007 season, in their last 10 non-conference loses (including the NCAA Quarterfinal vs. Cornell), 6 have been by 1 goal...unreal. 60% of non-conference loses!

Very surprised the box score lists attendance at 479, thought it was double if not triple that.

This picture was at halftime, so the actual crowd was much larger:

dscn0518.jpg

New home uniforms are white with purple numbers and gold trim:

dscn0516.jpg

A table or two to sell drinks, a couple of portapotties.

Raffa was working the will-call ticket booth.

A real shame. I hope this isn't a repeat of last year. Considering the slide of the basketball team, I've been putting my hope in our lax team. Us losing to Denver frightens a bit considering the waxing Denver took to UNC.

Glad I didn't talk crap to the UNC grad in my office.

Very surprised the box score lists attendance at 479, thought it was double if not triple that.

With no security at the gates and long lines for tickets many people just walked right in wothout paying.

If we modestly assume that 500 people walked in without paying, that is $2500 in lost revenue.

Multiply that by five home games and you are looking at $12,500 in lost revenue for the season.

When is the Athletic Department going to step up and act big time?

Archived