UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hot Seat!

IMO, if Coach Brown and the team he puts out there goes out and wins 8 games this season....then maybe you start with the hot seat talk. I don't know how many people would turn a blind eye to that as that would be a clear step backwards for this program. But it's crazy to think that after one sub par season (last year, can't believe I'm calling 15-16 sub par) some are calling for his head. The team went out and won FIFTEEN GAMES....they didn't go out and put together a 5-26 record....they went 15-16. Simply crazy talk!

Personally I was very very happy to see that only one kid transferred out this season....Anthony. I've been very clear that the number of departures in the last couple of years worried me a bit. Maybe I was wrong or crazy, I don't know but it did worry me. I'm very glad to see that the team will be coming back mostly intact this season. Coach Brown did try to get Anthony to stay, he simply wasn't going to sacrifice the good of the team to satisfy an ego, that message wasn't well received and Anthony left. Our kids absolutely KILL it in the classroom....just as an example, the Siena team has a cumulative GPA of 2.59 (per the recent TU blog entry) I believe our kids are at 2.98. I know W-L are important but college athletics at our level should be about a bit more then just the on the court record. CB runs a clean program, if anyone gets in any kind of trouble he handles it appropriately (see MJ). I actually feel very comfortable and secure with the fact that he is running this program.

A W against Siena would be nice and I get hopped up and ready to go for it as much as the next guy, but at the end of the day it's still just one W-L. They don't stand in our way to the Big Dance and we don't really stand in their way. We get together and throw it down once a year but then it's everyone back to their business, what's left is for us the fans (some of us) to sort out the rest on message boards and blogs ;) Yes, the Siena basketball program is having an exceptional run but besides that what else do they have going for them? In our first ten years, we have accomplished much and will do more in the next ten.

WOOT!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bosi, why did you have to go and tell Jeff where we are?

UA_MA- - "Danedoggystyle a/k/a "jeff" just slithered over here from Singelais' blog

There's nothing non-coherent about my post. The fact is the talent and coaching over the past 2 seasons has been subpar. Albany should be dominating the conference right now after the back to back run. But they are not, UA is lacking talent in the front court and back court. A win over Siena would be great for the program and the fans, but it's not the end all be all. The America East title is and CB needs to bring UA back to the national spotlight by getting to the Dance.

UA_MA- - "Danedoggystyle a/k/a "jeff" just slithered over here from Singelais' blog

There's nothing non-coherent about my post. The fact is the talent and coaching over the past 2 seasons has been subpar. Albany should be dominating the conference right now after the back to back run. But they are not, UA is lacking talent in the front court and back court. A win over Siena would be great for the program and the fans, but it's not the end all be all. The America East title is and CB needs to bring UA back to the national spotlight by getting to the Dance.

How are we lacking in talent? Ambrose and Harris should both be in contention for 1st team all conference honors this season, giving us possibly the best 1-2 punch in the conference. We also have 2 of the highest rated freshman coming into the conference last season (Logan and Jake) ready to contribute this year, while adding new freshman, some of whom (Tartt) are being mentioned in the same class as other highly rated freshman in the conference (BU's Bailey, for one). If you are going to say we "lack talent" at least have some sort of info to back it up, please :-)

How are we lacking in talent? Ambrose and Harris should both be in contention for 1st team all conference honors this season, giving us possibly the best 1-2 punch in the conference. We also have 2 of the highest rated freshman coming into the conference last season (Logan and Jake) ready to contribute this year, while adding new freshman, some of whom (Tartt) are being mentioned in the same class as other highly rated freshman in the conference (BU's Bailey, for one). If you are going to say we "lack talent" at least have some sort of info to back it up, please :-)

+1 this post...! We have a star quality 1-2 punch and a slew of very highly rated incoming players. Tartt was getting A-10/CAA offers from what I've been able to glean, he was not expected to commit on his visit here but CB closed the deal.

+1 this post...! We have a star quality 1-2 punch and a slew of very highly rated incoming players. Tartt was getting A-10/CAA offers from what I've been able to glean, he was not expected to commit on his visit here but CB closed the deal.

UA does have a star quality 1-2 punch, but how often were they effective last year together? Brown always had one or both on the pine in the dog house. What was UA's shooting percentage last season? Yes, UA lacks talent. I'm looking forward to Jake L playing, hopefully he can provide some much needed help in the lineup.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you fans think this is a make or break year for Brown? When does his current contract expire?

CB has this and one more year on his contract....no I don't think this is a make or brake season, he's done to much in his run here for the program. If we come in dead last in the conference....who knows what Dr. M will do but I think a top 4 finish is very realistic. IMO the Ae will be stronger this season then last.

few coles should be poked under CB's seat and start warming it up, the past 2 seasons have been unexceptable -DANEDoggyStyle

When a guy goes 90-10 in his first Head Coaching job and then takes over a dysfunctional DI Program and gets it to two (2) NCAAs I don't think he needs to be poked by others.

I would be surprised if he's not beating himself up a little bit and I'm sure he's motivated to get back on top. To me last year was somewhat of an abberation - the injury bug and a few internal problems popped up which derailed UA after its best DI start.

Remember the last two (2) seasons were truly dismal the team has been 15-15 - 10-6 in conference (tied for 2nd in final standings) and 15-6 - 6-10 in conference (lost in conference Semis).

It was just 5 years ago we were overjoyed to get to 9-9 in conference.

I'm hoping for a healthy season with good team chemistry and on court success.

few coles should be poked under CB's seat and start warming it up, the past 2 seasons have been unexceptable -DANEDoggyStyle

When a guy goes 90-10 in his first Head Coaching job and then takes over a dysfunctional DI Program and gets it to two (2) NCAAs I don't think he needs to be poked by others.

I would be surprised if he's not beating himself up a little bit and I'm sure he's motivated to get back on top. To me last year was somewhat of an abberation - the injury bug and a few internal problems popped up which derailed UA after its best DI start.

Remember the last two (2) seasons were truly dismal the team has been 15-15 - 10-6 in conference (tied for 2nd in final standings) and 15-6 - 6-10 in conference (lost in conference Semis).

It was just 5 years ago we were overjoyed to get to 9-9 in conference.

I'm hoping for a healthy season with good team chemistry and on court success.

Archived