UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hot Seat!

I personally was very happy to hear that early focus this year will be on the offense....the one criticism I will agree with to some extant is that for very long stretches the offense was very very stagnant last year. I don't think anyone can deny it....we've spend allot of time during last season talking about it. I'm hopeful that CB can implement a better offensive scheme this year. Yes, the way last season ended was big let down but consider that last year WAS our best start ever at the D1 level. I have a graph for such things and as late as mid January UA had a top 100 rpi....if you look at the trend it's very noticeable to see that something changed mid to late January and it wasn't the same team. We starter February 5 games OVER .500.....going into the Boston game at 13-8 in this game Will hurt his knee.

IMO, CB expects more out of himself and he's motivated to get back to the top, I don't think for one minute he's resting on his laurels after the two NCAA appearances. He's already working on the '11 class and was out recruiting yesterday. As far as X's and O's go....I don't think I'd take anyone in the conference over him. He's beaten Lonergan like a rented mule especially in games for all the marbles He's two years and ONE sub .500 year removed from the latest NCAA appearance, he coached the team to a tie for second place in the conference 2 years ago. So in my mind he is not on the hot seat.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

two years!!!!!! two damn years!!!!!! THAT IS GOING DOWNHILL????? WAKE -UP!!!!!!!! 2007-08, we were predicted to finish 2nd...WE TIED FOR 2ND!!! Last season, we were predicted 6th and we finished near there, WITH THE INJURIES!!!! Let me repeat the question...HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY WERE ATTENDING GAMES WHEN WE WON 2-4 GAMES IN A SEASON?

FYI, I've been a season ticket holder for over 10 years. Yes over 10 (includes the transition period). I've missed less than 5 home games in that period, traveled to both NCAA appearances, multiple AE tourney's, the AE Championship in VT., and watch or listen to most road games.

Being projected 6th and finishing 6th does nothing for me.

Because I don't blindly support someone or something, or disagree with your opinion does not mean that I need to "WAKE-UP".

In general I would consider my post very reasonable.

And yes, two years is at least the start of a trend. Believe me if the trend goes down one more year this thread will light up like a Christmas tree.

two years!!!!!! two damn years!!!!!! THAT IS GOING DOWNHILL????? WAKE -UP!!!!!!!! 2007-08, we were predicted to finish 2nd...WE TIED FOR 2ND!!! Last season, we were predicted 6th and we finished near there, WITH THE INJURIES!!!! Let me repeat the question...HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY WERE ATTENDING GAMES WHEN WE WON 2-4 GAMES IN A SEASON?

FYI, I've been a season ticket holder for over 10 years. Yes over 10 (includes the transition period). I've missed less than 5 home games in that period, traveled to both NCAA appearances, multiple AE tourney's, the AE Championship in VT., and watch or listen to most road games.

Being projected 6th and finishing 6th does nothing for me.

Because I don't blindly support someone or something, or disagree with your opinion does not mean that I need to "WAKE-UP".

In general I would consider my post very reasonable.

And yes, two years is at least the start of a trend. Believe me if the trend goes down one more year this thread will light up like a Christmas tree.

Obviously another bad year and "this thread will light up like a Christmas tree."

But on the other hand, if we should go back to the NCAA everyone will be jumping back on coaches bandwagon.

That is the nature of fans. The season could be anywhere from very good to very bad with more likely good in my opinion. So why don't we wait to see how the season plays out before starting the complaining.

In the mid major leagues there is a lot of ups and downs. It is very difficult to contend for the NCAA's every year which is coaches goal. Just look at Iona and Bucknell as 2 teams that were very good a few years ago that are not as good. How long will Cornell stay on top of the Ivy. No one knows.

I personally was very happy to hear that early focus this year will be on the offense....the one criticism I will agree with to some extant is that for very long stretches the offense was very very stagnant last year. I don't think anyone can deny it....we've spend allot of time during last season talking about it. I'm hopeful that CB can implement a better offensive scheme this year. Yes, the way last season ended was big let down but consider that last year WAS our best start ever at the D1 level. I have a graph for such things and as late as mid January UA had a top 100 rpi....if you look at the trend it's very noticeable to see that something changed mid to late January and it wasn't the same team. We starter February 5 games OVER .500.....going into the Boston game at 13-8 in this game Will hurt his knee.

IMO, CB expects more out of himself and he's motivated to get back to the top, I don't think for one minute he's resting on his laurels after the two NCAA appearances. He's already working on the '11 class and was out recruiting yesterday. As far as X's and O's go....I don't think I'd take anyone in the conference over him. He's beaten Lonergan like a rented mule especially in games for all the marbles He's two years and ONE sub .500 year removed from the latest NCAA appearance, he coached the team to a tie for second place in the conference 2 years ago. So in my mind he is not on the hot seat.

I too am happy to see a greater emphasis on improving the offense. That aspect of the game always has seemed like a lesser focus of our team's develepment, especially after hearing the hype about how much all our players can put through the cylinder.

I'm wondering how much Anthony Raffa affected the team's offensive game last season. Was he more a detriment or a go-to guy? Hearing about improved team chemistry this year is good, but it kind of intimates that last year's squad didn't really have it to a high degree. It will be interesting to me to see how this season's offense develops. I am hopeful.

DaneDoggy doesn't realize that the favorite in the conference has won the championship over the past 3-4 seasons. UMBC was the favorite as was Binghamton, as we were when we won it.

The rest of your post I agree with, but this is not factually correct. Neither Bingo or UMBC were the favorites. Both were picked 5th by the coaches. UA was the favorite the second NCAA year. I don't think they were the favorites the first year. I can't find that poll, but I think they were picked 4th. Most of predictions I saw each year were not that far different from the coaches. They did not have a 5th place team in the coaches picked 1st. Maybe 4th or 6th. This is my point with college sports. No one, even those closest to the situation knows how the season will turn out. Lets wait and see. The polls I have found are below.

2008-09 America East Conference Preseason Mens Basketball Poll

1. Boston U. (5), 59; 2. Vermont (4), 55; 3. Hartford, 51; 4. UMBC, 45; 5. Binghamton, 37; 6. Albany, 30; 7. New Hampshire, 24; 8. Maine, 13; 9. Stony Brook, 10.

2007-08 America East Conference Preseason Mens Basketball Poll

1. Boston U. (5), 61; 2. Albany (4), 55; 3. Vermont, 50; 4. Binghamton, 45; 5. UMBC, 33; 6. Hartford, 31; 7. Stony Brook, 19; T8. Maine, 15; T8. New Hampshire, 15.

2006- 07 America East Conference Preseason Men's Basketball Poll

1. UAlbany (8), 64; 2. Maine, 49; 3. Vermont, 48, 4. New Hampshire, 45; 5. Boston U. (1), 42; 6. Binghamton, 30; 7. Stony Brook, 22; 8. UMBC, 15; 9. Hartford, 9. ( ) - first-place votes

DDS, you are in the minority, in fact you seem to be a minority of one. Do you think it's possible that you're mistaken, or is everyone else wrong?

Looks like I'm not a minority of one anymore. Not everyone on this blog is drinking the Will Brown kool-aid and is realizing the team is headed in the wrong direction. Sorry not everyone enjoys watching 40 point games, 15 point leads deminished and no clue of what personell to put on the floor at the same time. You don't have to be a season ticket holder to be a fan, nor would I waste my money watching 40 point games time and time again. Once Brown establishes UA as more than a doormat then more fans will show up and buy season tickets. I'm not saying they should fire the guy right this second, but if he doesn't show some improvement on the offensive side then something has to give...

DDS, you are in the minority, in fact you seem to be a minority of one. Do you think it's possible that you're mistaken, or is everyone else wrong?

Looks like I'm not a minority of one anymore. Not everyone on this blog is drinking the Will Brown kool-aid and is realizing the team is headed in the wrong direction. Sorry not everyone enjoys watching 40 point games, 15 point leads deminished and no clue of what personell to put on the floor at the same time. You don't have to be a season ticket holder to be a fan, nor would I waste my money watching 40 point games time and time again. Once Brown establishes UA as more than a doormat then more fans will show up and buy season tickets. I'm not saying they should fire the guy right this second, but if he doesn't show some improvement on the offensive side then something has to give...

You're not a fan, DDS..whether you buy tix or not..I'm just as happy winning 1-0 as I would be winning 100-99..you play basketball to win, not just to score a bazillion points..and the point is Brown's teams have won more games than it has lost over the past 5 years..that's a good thing..and not a characteristic of a 'doormat' team.

Over the past 2 seasons Brown hasn't won, the Danes have finished under .500 in a subpar league. Jamar Wilson carried Brown to success and the NCAA tourneys, without him Brown has struggled and has not found an answer with his team. He is not using the right offense for his personell and that is painfully obvious as we watch the games. UA has a great chance to get into a better conference especially with the success of football and volleyball, Brown has to start dominating the AE in Wins, Titles, Recruiting, everything. And to this point he has not.

Archived