UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't mean to hype Suero. I just mentioned that from what I have found Suero had played at a very high level a few years ago.

For all I know he may be 50 lbs overweight with a bum leg.

I, for one will wait and watch not only on Suero but on all recruits.

Looks like good overall size but it appears we will have more potential scorers at each position all we should need is a double double out of our post tandem of Puk (2.5ppg & 3.4rpg) and Blake (4.0ppg & 4.8rpg)they gave us 6.5ppg & 8.2rpg this season so I don't think that would be expecting too much.

Looks like good overall size but it appears we will have more potential scorers at each position all we should need is a double double out of our post tandem of Puk (2.5ppg & 3.4rpg) and Blake (4.0ppg & 4.8rpg)they gave us 6.5ppg & 8.2rpg this season so I don't think that would be expecting too much.

Without seeing any of these kids but judging on the press clippings and youtube clips. Seems to me we've addressed some of our biggest weaknesses.

Ball handling/backup pg - Hooley/Gibson

Shooting - Guerrier

Toughness - Rowley

If a couple of these kids can pan out and be real contributors in the rotation, we'll be in excellent shape.

We return 7 of our top 8 contributes from this past season which is the best base that we have had since our back to back run in the mid 00's. I'm more bummed about Lindfors leaving than Tartt because his size was a luxury this past season especially if Puk or Metcalf had foul trouble. Lets see how Rowley can do in the post.

I think it was time for both of them to move on. Neither saw consistent PT last season and both were buried on the depth chart coming into this year. I imagine what could have been with Tartt. He was so highly regarded coming out of HS (Didn't he have like an 87 rating or something like that?) It's a shame it didn't work out, but I think it was time for both of them.

I agree with you B9 about Lindfors. He was a nice luxury to have with foul trouble or injury to Puk or Metcalf. Barring that it was tough to see either guy getting a lot of minutes and I don't blame them for transferring for playing time. Hopefully they find a situation that works well for them.

Looking forward to seeing these new guys out on the court. So..let me see if I have it all correct..italicized players are new.

Seniors:

None

Juniors:

Suero, Guerrier, Aronhalt, Black, Metcalf, Iati

Sophomores:

Puk, Watts, Devlin

Freshmen:

Hooley, Gibson, Rowley, Page

That makes 13 players..and Coach Brown said there's no recruiting for the 2012 class. So does that mean Iati is now getting a scholarship?

With so many rotation-proven players returning..and with no senior class..I wonder if Coach might look into any red-shirt possibilities. Without knowing much about the new players..I would think Rowley would have a good shot at some playing time right out of the gate..if only because the team only has three players for the 4 and 5 spots (Puk, Metcalf, Devlin).

..I would think Rowley would have a good shot at some playing time right out of the gate..if only because the team only has three players for the 4 and 5 spots (Puk, Metcalf, Devlin).- Phoenix

According to Coach Brown he see GUERRIER AS A COMBO FORWARD. Which means at times we will be playing a small line up and guerrier could be a nightmare for other AE 4s

"He is physically strong and has a good work ethic. As a combo forward, he will be a difficult matchup who can stretch the defense." - Coach Brown

According to Coach Brown he see GUERRIER AS A COMBO FORWARD. Which means at times we will be playing a small line up and guerrier could be a nightmare for other AE 4s

Ahhh..good catch. Interesting that quote is included in the release..but then the same release lists him as a guard.

Obviously haven't seen him yet..but the line-up would seem to be VERY small with him at the 4 spot. He's listed at 6'4" 210lbs. For a couple comparisons..physically..Logan Aronhalt is 6'3" 210lbs..Ralph Watts is 6'5" 205lbs.

If Suero is our starting shooting guard we'll have 4 starters who are upperclassmen plus a sophmore - Black, Suero, Logan, Devlin and Blake Metcalf. We'll also have a freshman or underclassman at every position - Gibson, Hooley, Page, Rowley, Puk, and Watts.

In the past I've been critical of signing more Jucos but I can kinda of see why they did it. I will hope that he can channel Jason Siggers. Great to see that he had the highest GPA on his team also.

As others have mentioned I like the bigger guards and wings we have coming in. It would be great to see this usher in the return of more man to man defense.

Archived