UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

T-U Perspective Section

UAalum72

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet (I was on the road all day)

A very dangerous game - UA psych professor Bruce Svare shows the attitude (if it wasn't actually himself) that kept Albany at D-III 35 years ago. Seems like he's written these rants before. Guy's living in a different world from the rest of us. Is being like Geneseo his vision for Albany?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He posts his own circular reasoning. I could take him to task if I had time. Further, his real life research is based on tailoring back sports at all levels...it is almost comical. I have read a lot of this guy's hogwash and he is as outspoken as they come on why sports have gone bad. He lives in la la land, while the rest of us live in the real world.

I am not worried about his view-- we are not going backwards. And for his own FYI, UMASS is FAR from reeling.

I ask him one thing; should Bucknell and Rutgers roll back the clock? They are two institutions where he earned degrees.

He's actually my Psych teacher....a know nothing blow-hard, I hate listening to him. Every week he has his Friday picks.....they usually go like this. Giants win, Jet's lose Danes barely get by....no matter who they play. After last weeks game when we killed Duq....I tweaked him, he didn't like it.

What a pile of written trash....consider if there is anything I should say tomorrow.

He should be fired. He's a quack. I mean that with all sincerity.

I can only hope one day UAlbany is on par with UNC, Michigan, Cal, UCLA etc in both academics and athletics. Being non-scholarship athletics doesn't guarantee your free of scandals. I just means you'll live in obscurity.

There must be a liberal arts college that will take this guy? He can spend the rest of his career in obscurity at some unknown college in the woods of New England.

What an A$$!

California, Georgia, Idaho, Florida, Wisconsin and on and on. I don't hear this crap anywhere else I have worked or lived. What is it with the Capital District? I only hear this liberal dribble in Albany.

Oh yeah, SUNY is on par with Harvard and we don't want to blow it with D1 athletics! I tired of SUNY being held to standards that other state universities aren't held to. I'll explain to my co-worker that graduated from UNC how screwed up his college is and that it should be more like SUNY. Oh, that's right, he's a VP and doing well for himself.

Feel free:

http://www.albany.edu/psy/svare.html

He must have been the geek in the corner

of the lockerroom receiving wedgies in

High School.

Funny how he's against something that pulls

the university community together... and just

gets better as the athletic achievement grows.

HAHAHAHA I remember him, the only thing I remember from his class was him giving us busy work by looking up research papers.

A very dangerous game - UA psych professor Bruce Svare ....

Any relation to this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harland_Svare

Did you have to remind me that I'm old enough to have seen Swede Svare playing for the Giants with Frank Gifford and Sam Huff (who I listened to on the Redskins radio yesterday, he's still a West Virginia redneck)?

A very dangerous game - UA psych professor Bruce Svare ....

Any relation to this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harland_Svare

Did you have to remind me that I'm old enough to have seen Swede Sjdfnkjsdfkjsdfkvare playing for the Giants with Frank Gifford and Sam Huff (who I listened to on the Redskins radio yesterday, he's still a West Virginia redneck)?

By the way, thanks so freakin much Binghamton University for providing fodder for stuff like this.

My favorite part was this quote:

a student who has a job on his team that requires 20 to 30 hours a week that causes him to miss numerous classes and come dead tired to others, and expect him to acquire a university education."

Does he really think that other students don't have part time jobs while going to school? I know I did and I know other people did as well.

Before I transferred to Albany, for two years, I worked at GE full time third shift and went to school full time days. I went to every class dead tired, but I still managed to get good grades and transfer into UAlbany. It's always a matter of priorities. Our athletes have higher than average grades. I think that tells the story.

Archived