UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Very Disappointing

I may be too harsh as young team but seems like UAlbany had no direction & continue to decline offensively. There was no flow to the offense. Even against AE teams, when are they going to post Harris down low to create easy baskets. His game seems more like a guard. This Syracuse team is not that good but we made them look like a Top Four team as North Carolina game will be scary. Just my 2 cents as thought we would have been able to compete against average Big Boy program.

I may be too harsh as young team but seems like UAlbany had no direction & continue to decline offensively. There was no flow to the offense. Even against AE teams, when are they going to post Harris down low to create easy baskets. His game seems more like a guard. This Syracuse team is not that good but we made them look like a Top Four team as North Carolina game will be scary. Just my 2 cents as thought we would have been able to compete against average Big Boy program.

I think in retrospect, you will look back and say you were too harsh...but belive me, I wasnt expected this game either. That said, I saw some very encouraging things out there...and some $ienaty stuff. I was VERY excited at the athleticsm, for our level of course, of our bigs. I think Jake Lindfors is going to be a nice player...and Metcalf was real quick for his size. I thought Gifford had a solid game that, again, wont show in the stats. I though Barazza, Harris and Allen were really...really bad.

Now...you have to remember that Syracuse does this to a lot of teams-- the zone is long and athletic. We had two Frosh guards playing a lot...and that will be ok once Mike J runs the pt to give those guys experience. Logan is going to be fine once he gets to hoops potential. And Fran did some nice things (and not so nice) but he was up against studs all night.

Aside from the TO's, which were expected due to youth, first game jitters and a very good Syracuse team, I thought the only negatives were Will's lack of agressiveness until the 2nd half (this is a tradition with him), Barazza's inability to do much, and Allen's horrible decision making.

One thing I did like-- I noticed Will talk and not immediately yell or hook Ambrose when he made mistakes...and I also saw Ambrose realizing his own mistakes.

Syracuse is a Top 25 team...and we feature 8 new guys...and some really young (sophs) other guys. Bad game...but I am far from worried. Let the youngin's take the beatings now. The same thing happened to this team that gave us a magical run a few years back. I see similarities.

I thought Billy had a very poor game...his decision making was really bad.

Harris.....I hate it when he comes out like he did today....although I have to say that he picked up a quick foul, might have caused him to back off a bit. He had an OK second half.

Really need MJ back so Black can grow as a reserves instead of being thrown into the fire like this.

Here come the Will Brown butt kissers trying to make excuses....The team stunk, the game plan was awful, the execution was laughable and would make most puke. Albany was an embarrasment last night.

Here comes the irrational Will Brown basher....yes, we stunk last night, but one game does not a season make! If in 4 or 5 games we are still having the same conversation then perhaps there is something to think about.

Here come the Will Brown butt kissers trying to make excuses....The team stunk, the game plan was awful, the execution was laughable and would make most puke. Albany was an embarrasment last night.

Here comes the irrational Will Brown basher....yes, we stunk last night, but one game does not a season make! If in 4 or 5 games we are still having the same conversation then perhaps there is something to think about.

It's one thing to lose, it's another to look like you don't even belong in D-1 basketball. 43 points? Are you kidding me? And this conversation isn't new bosyi, you homers have made the same excuses for the past 2 seasons, and now it continues into a 3rd season....

It's one thing to lose, it's another to look like you don't even belong in D-1 basketball. 43 points? Are you kidding me? And this conversation isn't new bosyi, you homers have made the same excuses for the past 2 seasons, and now it continues into a 3rd season....

Coming from someone who can't spell the user name of the person he's talking to, when it's right in front of his face, you've just lost all credibility in this discussion.

So. That being said...are you one of those fans who likes to crown the NCAA champ after the first game? Didn't think so.

This team is playing, what, 8 new players? What do you expect? I don't know who you root for, but I'm sure if you were rooting for a team with 8 new players and got destroyed by a team that plays the zone as well as Syracuse (and gets into the passing lanes as well as Syracuse), you'd be saying the same things we are. Don't be a "homer". Fact of the matter is, once Albany managed to get Syracuse into the half-court and setup it's defense, Albany didn't look all that bad. Syracuse scored like 30 (guesstimating) of their points off of turn overs. Not to mention, we were missing our 3rd best player and undisputed floor general (I hate fireworks now lol). I'm going to venture and say most, if not all, AE teams would have been outplayed just as badly as Albany was. Syracuse is EXTREMELY athletic and very long. Plus they have that beast of a man Ounaku in the middle.

Wait till Albany gets into conference play, with an in game condition Aronhalt contributing and Mike Johnson back. They'll look much better.

Go waste your time doing something else instead of spending it on here being, as Bosiy (notice the spelling) said, irrational.

I don't think anyone really expected us to go to the dome and walk out with a W. That said, the team looked really poor. i realize it's the 1st game and we have a lot of new faces. However I'm concerned that we can't even compete with schools at that level the way we could a few years back. The amount of turnovers and the inability to get any looks other than 3's is a concern in my mind. Hopefully we can right the ship and move to bigger and better things

It was an ugly game for UA...no question. But keep in mind, Syracuse may not be the Syracuse of last year, but its still a VERY VERY good team. Their 12th man would probably start for us...to act like there isn't a gap in talent is ridiculous. And while Brown was less than perfect, the one thing that stuck out in my mind was exactly what a previous poster stated...when Ambrose made a mistake, he wasn't immediately benched. And he even learned from his mistakes! In my mind, that was the best part of the game. Anytime you have a team with 8 new players playing a top 25 team, they are going to struggle holding onto the ball...anyone who expected this to be close was out of their mind.

With all that said, if they have similar issues against American and Morgan St., then I think concern is warranted.

If one actually watched the game...there were a number of times where you could see CB teaching and talking to the players coming off the floor.

This is the kind of stuff that is constantly ignored by guys like Doggy, it's right there but they refuse to see it.

I'm with you Bosiydid. Coach B knows how to coach, there is no doubt about that in my mind. I've seen enough UA games over the last few years to know that he has won more games than he's lost with his ability. Those of you on this board that are calling for his head are not watching the games I am. The guy can coach.

Some of these threads are becoming unreadable. Thanks DaneDoggy.

Agreed.

DDS has shown months ago he has no understanding of sports. Some of you guys thought I was too harsh when I compared him to a $iena fan, but I have never seen a sports fan other than a $iena fan who knows so little about sports and like them it would be a better place if he went away.

Some of these threads are becoming unreadable. Thanks DaneDoggy.

Agreed.

DDS has shown months ago he has no understanding of sports. Some of you guys thought I was too harsh when I compared him to a $iena fan, but I have never seen a sports fan other than a $iena fan who knows so little about sports and like them it would be a better place if he went away.

I just want to know why you think I know so little about sports? Because I don't compare the RPI's doesn't mean I don't know about the game of basketball and doesn't make you Dean Smith. I may not be a booster or hang out with Will Brown, doesn't mean I don't know the game. I give an honest opinion without a blind homer mentality.

Archived