UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Iona

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only positive is the video quality of this feed!

I know I thought the same thing. Great picture quality, slow-mo replays. The only issue is that it seemed the camera person sometimes wasn't watching the game and often never even had the hoop in the shot.

The only positive is the video quality of this feed!

I know I thought the same thing. Great picture quality, slow-mo replays. The only issue is that it seemed the camera person sometimes wasn't watching the game and often never even had the hoop in the shot.

To bad our school is to cheap to mimic the same thing. Dane Zone or whatever you call it is absolute crap.

The whole drive home....I kept searching for a way to say what I feel without being to critical....not gonna succeed but I'll try....

We flat out SUCK!

I don't know what direction this program is heading in but it's not in the right direction....I'm very disappointed and a bit embarrassed with this latest debacle. You can't give up 55%FG and 43%3PT and expect to win the game.

I will say this though...Iona beat BU by 9 and they are looked at as the best of the AE.

will brown said they played well in the first half????? you kidding me... more like iona was playing with their heads between their legs

From my unqualified opinion..it looked like we were quite effective beating their trap in the first 10 minutes..we were passing well and capitalizing with some easy baskets..then Iona stopped/changed how they were trapping..and we didn't have an answer.

The Gaels look like they should end up doing pretty well in the MAAC..already with wins over the Big East's Providence..Boston..and another solid Creighton team from the MVC.

This was my first game in person this year but I've been able to watch all but a few games online. Definitely get to see a lot more when at the game. It really is depressing how poor the team looks sometimes. Iona just outplayed, out-hustled, out-coached, out-everythinged the Danes last night. I don't even know what can be done to work this out. Ambrose didn't look very good at times and is so inconsistent. Harris is the best player on the team but again did not play down low at all. Lidfors hustles but looks lost at times. McCrae makes some shots and then tries to do too much. MJ had a rough night but I still like him at the point. I like Tartt but he has a lot to learn about this level of play and needs experience, I think he will be good though. The Giff had a good game last night and scored 9 points but is still so clumsy with the ball like when he had the ball in the key with three defenders around him and tried to dribble. Logan needs to play more. OK, I rambled.

I have no idea how fans were reacting during the 03-04 season, but this has gotta be similar. There are no positives to take from the game. I don't care how well you play for 10 min the game is 40 min. The team looked tired and there is no reason for that. Binghamton is playing better than us right now and a loss to the will be the ultimate breaking point. Oh yea will brown needs to stop over hyping every team they play!

will brown said they played well in the first half????? you kidding me... more like iona was playing with their heads between their legs

I am a diehard Dane fan who bleeds purple. I follow this team very closely - watch and listen online, and attend games whenever possible, especially in the metropolitan area. I also follow this board closely and enjoy the banter and passion. It also takes me quite a bit to set aside the time to actually post. I also have tried to be as optimistic as possible with this team throughout the years...BUT, after watching this team last night and many other nights this season already, I have to say that I am embarassed by their performance and do not see where this program is going. It's one thing to get outplayed by a better team, but I see very little positive about this team/program right now.

Let me list my observations: this team does not know how to play defense - I watched the whole game and the team NEVER had their hands up(nor did I hear one coach tell them to get their hands up), were constantly getting beat off the dribble, and don't seem capable of helping one another out - they don't play physical defense either(did you watch iona harassing and bumping up and down the court?); many, many times they looked clueless breaking the press - turnover after turnover - the coaches had plenty of time to prepare them for this and this is how Iona has played all season); there is absolutely no passion on this team - not once did I see one player get angry, raise his voice,etc(giff battles for balls, that's about it) - how can you have a 10 point lead and let it slip away without turning the emotion up a notch(they needed to take a timeout 40 SECONDS after halftime); there does not seem to be much chemistry on this team - if you watch the team during timeouts,etc, they hardly even speak to one another, there is very little encouraging going on and no one gets in anyone's face to push; that said, I see no leadership on this team; the coaching staff either seems completely perplexed at this point or simply resigned to losing; finally, and most disturbing, from a talent standpoint, I don't see the future - will harris will be gone and ambrose will be in his last year next season - tartt is a nice player and perhaps metcalfe may do a nice job, but I don't see who has enough talent to carry this program. I have to say that based on reports on Ralph Watts, I thought he would actually be making some kind of an impact(even if minor) aleady - did ANYONE else think this guy would not be ready for AEast bball and would be redshirted?

ok - I feel better now and if anyone can give me a scintilla of hope to cling to, please do so.

Archived