UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UMBC @ UA

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checked the score on my phone. The team will hit rock bottom tonite if they don't find a way to come back. I honestly think they can lose out the rest of the season. This year will put Albany back in the pits of the America East. Attendance will fall greatly and I'm sure the players will like playing in an empty gym again.

Well...I want to applaud coach for shortening the bench and going with the youth. The team still has a long...long way to go (score indication)...but this is a start. I want to thank the upperclassman for what they have brought to the table, but from here on out I want to see Black, Metcalf and Aronholt just as they are...starting.

Logan has SUCH a quick and pure release. Black, made a tremendous move in the first half in traffic...tremendous. He will get better the more he plays, and you can see his confidence growing as he plays more. People forget that Josh Martin was the heir apparent before his dismissal. I actually think Black brings more to the table. Metcalf was tough...made some TO's (4 or 5) but he is much more athletically gifted than Gifford (whom I just like as a person and would love him to be my teammmate any day). Allen just does all the little things you need from someone. He wont light it up every night...but he is a positive on the court.

We are down in this game...but I saw some good things at times.

Just checked the score on my phone. The team will hit rock bottom tonite if they don't find a way to come back. I honestly think they can lose out the rest of the season. This year will put Albany back in the pits of the America East. Attendance will fall greatly and I'm sure the players will like playing in an empty gym again.

"I just checked the score...and I will comment on something that I havent watched, so I dont know what is going on...but yeah, this team will tank and the fans wont ever come back...but simply, I only just checked the score."

I think MsGDG put it ever so eloquently to someone the other day and I will apply it here: sounds like a fair weather fan.

You get on the horn and talk to the Mets brass about Beltran yet?!?!

Black was great tonight. Although he seemed to get gassed real easily, which is why it seemed Brown was subbing him for Johnson right after he would have a great run. He was huffing and puffing with his hands on his knees. Hope its just a matter of conditioning.

Nice to see a win!

"I just checked the score...and I will comment on something that I havent watched, so I dont know what is going on...but yeah, this team will tank and the fans wont ever come back...but simply, I only just checked the score."

I think MsGDG put it ever so eloquently to someone the other day and I will apply it here: sounds like a fair weather fan.

You get on the horn and talk to the Mets brass about Beltran yet?!?!

Yore right! How did you know I was a fair weather fan?

A fair weather fan that still follows the team game by game after graduating 2 yrs ago. A fair weather fan that emails channelsurfing to get the games posted so I can catch em since I am no longer in albany. A fair weather fan that went to the aeast tourney last year and the past 2 siena games up in albany. A fair weather fan that goes to the sbu games at sbu and will probably go next week.

So what if I only checked the score before and saw they were down 11. I was unable to watch the game so that means I can't post something? I'm just as happy as any other fan that albany came back to win. My comment said if they'd lose it would be rock bottom. If you don't think losing to a 1-14 team at home is not hitting rock bottom for the season I don't know what is.

You go off on people when they post something negative about the program, but it was ok for you to bash the senior qb after his second to last game and wanted him benched for his last one ever. I do not know what your problem is and honestly do not care what you think of me.

Oh by the no one cares that you were benched as a senior and I don't care if you played at the same hs as mike johnson and blame the coach for johnsons lack of basketball iq. As I said a few months ago we don't care about your glory days at Albany. I don't see danefan continuously talking about his playing days at albany. Danefan sorry to bring you up in this and have nothing against you.

I've all of a sudden become the enemy huh.

We NEEDED a win and got it....very strong second half, they hit some desperation bomb in the last two minutes...

- I thought Black played a phenomenal game...can't believe he only had one assist....I don't remember a single to but apparently he had 4... :o Regardless...he really controlled the pace of the game and is really been growing on me....he outplayed CDLR today....even hounded him if memory serves into a 5second call....great on the ball D...really moves his feet.

- Metcalf...great game...4pts...11 board, should be a no brainer who starts at the five the rest of the season....he really has a nose for the ball

- Logan...another young kid that will only get better....should be a staple at the three moving forward...13pts, 1rb, 2ast, stl....just solid!

I really enjoy watching the young kids play...they are the future of this program....keep going with Black, Logan and Metcalf in the starting lineup....!

Truth be told...we beat a BAAADDD team....but any W right now is a good W....we needed this one.

EDIT: Forgot Billy....I like him out there...he isn't gonna dunk it on anyone but he keeps the ball moving, makes solid decisions now that he's getting comfortable in his role and should continue to see time.....6pts, 4rb, 2ast and 3stl....

Watching Giff's reactions, cheering, shouting and "dancing" on the bench might have been as entertaining as the game tonight. I was amazed the officials didn't say anything to him

I agree with Bosi's take on Black. Early in the season I wasn't crazy about us starting a freshman point guard but he has really played well. It's nice to have a PG who's a threat to shoot from outide.

I liked the second half look of surrounding Ambrose with shooters. Creates a lot more space.

Not a very good UMBC team but better than I expected. I'm not sure how they lost to Penn earlier this year.

UA'08 you aren't the enemy. There was a building full of people as frustrated as you were when we were down double-digits.

Archived