UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Jamar Wilson?

Was Jamar Wilson a Will Brown recruit?

If he was, that means that Will *can* recruit great players and did lead 2 teams to great seasons and the tournament. If Jamar was a hold over from the prior coach I think UA and Marist have a simple decision. IMO college hoop is a coach's game. Good coaches win. 1-21 (Marist) is inexcusable ... Siena has had 2 times already where a loser coach was replaced (Beyer & Lanier) and the new guy (Hewitt and Fran) immediately posted significant improvement with the same team OR LESS.

Good luck the rest of the way. I hope something changes for the better for you guys.

If he was, that means that Will *can* recruit great players and did lead 2 teams to great seasons and the tournament. If Jamar was a hold over from the prior coach I think UA and Marist have a simple decision. IMO college hoop is a coach's game. Good coaches win. 1-21 (Marist) is inexcusable ... Siena has had 2 times already where a loser coach was replaced (Beyer & Lanier) and the new guy (Hewitt and Fran) immediately posted significant improvement with the same team OR LESS.

Good luck the rest of the way. I hope something changes for the better for you guys.

Anyone know the answer? Will Brown took over from Scott Beeten early in the 2001-02 season. Jamar's Freshman season was 2002-03. He came in along with Levi Levine. Was Jamar recruited by Scott Beeten's regime? or Will Brown?

I'm guessing he wasn't.

I believe JW red shirted his first year. That means during Browns first season, he was on the bench. That also means he was recruited the year before, so he was probably a Beeten recruit.

I believe JW red shirted his first year.

That is not correct. His high school year was 2002. He played at Albany 02-03. He missed most of 03-04 with an injury and was redshirted that year.

JAMAR WILSON STATS Reb Pts

Statistics G FG% 3P% FT% Tot. Avg. Asst Bl St Tot. Avg.

2006-2007 33 45.4 39.3 74.6 205 6.2 4.8 0.4 1.2 620 18.8

2005-2006 32 45.4 36.3 85.0 158 4.9 3.9 0.2 1.3 567 17.7

2004-2005 27 43.4 39.8 82.8 83 3.1 4.1 0.3 1.3 455 16.9

2003-2004 2 28.6 0.0 83.3 1 0.5 1.0 0.0 0.0 13 6.5

2002-2003 27 48.8 35.9 81.5 102 3.8 3.3 0.1 0.8 509 18.9

Career 121 45.7 37.4 80.9 549 4.5 4.0 0.2 1.2 2164 17.9

Thanks for your thoughts. IMO, the maac is going to have a team like Marist more times that not. Someone has to finish last in the maac and if you are not beating maac teams, there are not many teams on the schedule who you would have a better chance of beating. It goes in cycles. Now Marist, before that Canisuis , before that Iona and before that the beautiful 04-05 Siena season.

just the fact some people don't know about when probably the best player in school history played. Add the fact that we don't realize he sat out a year because of injury. That tells me all I need to know, lol.

just the fact some people don't know about when probably the best player in school history played. Add the fact that we don't realize he sat out a year because of injury. That tells me all I need to know, lol.

Not everyone was a fan when he got here....just a thought. I started following in Jamar's junior year.....

I'm guessing he wasn't.

I believe JW red shirted his first year. That means during Browns first season, he was on the bench. That also means he was recruited the year before, so he was probably a Beeten recruit.

Jamar did not redshirt his First season. He played one game in 03-04 , was injured and received a medical redshirt for that season.

Archived