UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

All Will Brown Team

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Adeleke was definitely a pure big...and Holm was as well. Then you have what's his face from Binghamton...and the big from 3-4 years ago from Maine Justin something or other.

Nick Billings

Position: Center

Height/Weight: 7-0 / 255

Birthdate: January 20, 1982 (Kodiak, Alaska)

High School: Kodiak HS (Kodiak, Alaska)

College: Binghamton

and the big from 3-4 years ago from Maine Justin something or other.

Ah, Justin Rowe. Despised at Albany throughout his career, at least by me. He had a memorable altercation with Chris Wyatt and was booed of the court and every trip after. Much of what I see in Tommy Brenton's future.

I agree with most of what has been said in the Zo vs. Giff debate.

One point I'll make on Giff's behalf. Zoellner had a much, much better supporting group of players than Giff did. As McFan mentioned it's easier to look good when Jamar has three guys collapsing on him and he feeds you the ball right near the hoop. Except to a small degree with Ambrose, Giff never had that luxury.

Glad to see this topic take off. The pro-'Zo argument seems pretty indisputable from my point of view.

As far as a big man for the AE goes, I think Scotty McRae is a good model of the successful “big.” I'd prefer even less of a tendency to drift out to the perimeter, but his athleticism allowed him to go after rebounds, block shots despite not having a true body of a banger. Perhaps character issues is how he ended up at UAlbany, but even a guy a few inches shorter (Blakley is 6'5 )can have a huge impact even without offensive polish. Would love to see a guy of that type stay and develop in the program (wouldn't complain if a ready to play Jr. transferred in either).

And I've convinced myself Metcalf will be a productive player. He reminds me of a kid I played with in high school who we nicknamed both "Magic" and "Try Hard Pete." He was the luckiest kid I've ever met and he also went all out all the time. Looking down Metcalf's stats, those 7, 8, 8, 11, 7, 9 , 8 games stand out, in pretty humble amounts of playing time. I think with a steady place in the rotation and some improved footwork he could put up a very solid, consistent stat line that everyone on this board would love to see out of a post player.

And I've convinced myself Metcalf will be a productive player. He reminds me of a kid I played with in high school who we nicknamed both "Magic" and "Try Hard Pete." He was the luckiest kid I've ever met and he also went all out all the time. Looking down Metcalf's stats, those 7, 8, 8, 11, 7, 9 , 8 games stand out, in pretty humble amounts of playing time. - Doc

Metcalf had a solid freshman year. He now should know what he has to work on. I would like to see his FT shooting improve (his mechanics are not too bad so I think it's more mental), if he starts to finish better around the rim and go to contact he'll be adequate and if he continues to work on the 10-12" jumper (he hit a FEW this year).

The one thing we know for sure - his has an energizer bunny motor and isn't intimidated.

In 15mpg - 3.9rpg is not bad and he shot 46%

I am really interested in the Puk kid - good size, supposedly good athlete who runs well and is long. I think anytime you have a 6'9-10" kid it's intriguing. I really have no expectations for him, kids of his size are usually in the AE for a reason but with him being a redshirt who I hear has put on 25+ lbs I'm hoping he's just a late bloomer who could prove in time to be a steal for UA.

Patch...to further your statement, I present: FOOTE of Cornell. Walk on at a crappy St. Bonnies team (how ironic to this discussion)...and then becomes an integral part of a sweet 16 team. Granted, he got abused a bit by Patterson and Cousins last night (who wouldnt) but the kid held his own and was tough. Kid was a non-factor coming out of high school...and there he was doing what a big needed to do-- grab some boards...make the occasional shot around the rim...clog the lane with length on defense to keep the other team honest.

If Puk, Metcalf and Lindfors give me a combined 25 and 16...I am happy. I say that because I hope, with his athleticsm, to see Lindfors on the floor at the same time as one of the other guys.

If Puk, Metcalf and Lindfors give me a combined 25 and 16...I am happy. I say that because I hope, with his athleticsm, to see Lindfors on the floor at the same time as one of the other guys. - D96

If we get 25 & 16 out of those three we will have a GOOD season!!!!!

If Puk, Metcalf and Lindfors give me a combined 25 and 16...I am happy. I say that because I hope, with his athleticsm, to see Lindfors on the floor at the same time as one of the other guys. - D96

If we get 25 & 16 out of those three we will have a GOOD season!!!!!

hot damn 25 is like half of what our season average was.

Archived