UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2010-11 Hoops Schedule Tweeted by CB

It's funny you mentioned the Detroit games. I was trying to convince Lady DP how nice Detroit is in late November. I wasn't getting very far with that.

Good luck with that.

I never said Detroit was nice. It is not and I usually stay in Windsor when going there. Detroit ranks in my bottom 5 places that I have visited. I just said it would be convenient to go see 3 days of UA basketball, 3 additional basketball games and a football game with very little time off work. I could do it with just Friday off if I had to work Wednesday before or Monday after.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny you mentioned the Detroit games. I was trying to convince Lady DP how nice Detroit is in late November. I wasn't getting very far with that.

Good luck with that.

I never said Detroit was nice. It is not and I usually stay in Windsor when going there. Detroit ranks in my bottom 5 places that I have visited. I just said it would be convenient to go see 3 days of UA basketball, 3 additional basketball games and a football game with very little time off work. I could do it with just Friday off if I had to work Wednesday before or Monday after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM&feature=related

Complete non conference schedule

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=204975387

2010-11 University at Albany Men's Basketball Non-Conference Schedule

Nov. 12 (Fri.), Cornell, SEFCU Arena

Nov. 15 (Mon.), American, SEFCU Arena

Nov. 17 (Wed.), at Georgia Tech, Atlanta, Ga.

Nov. 20 (Sat.), at Fairleigh Dickinson, Teaneck, N.J.

Nov. 23 (Tue.), Iona, SEFCU Arena

Nov. 26 (Fri.), at Detroit+, Detroit, Mich.

Nov. 27 (Sat.), Niagara+, Detroit, Mich.

Nov. 28 (Sun.), Bowling Green+, Detroit, Mich.

Dec. 4 (Sat.), at Siena, Albany, N.Y.

Dec. 6 (Mon.), at Yale, New Haven, Conn.

Dec. 11 (Sat.), Central Connecticut State, SEFCU Arena

Dec. 18 (Sat.), Mount St. Mary's, SEFCU Arena

Dec. 22 (Wed.), at Colgate, Hamilton, N.Y.

Dec. 28 (Tue.), at Xavier, Cincinnati, Ohio

Dec. 30 (Thu.), at Wagner, Staten Island, N.Y

I think it's the schedule we need this year. With the exception of the Xavier game I like the last half dozen games before conference play. Those are all very winnable games that give us a chance to going into the AE with some confidence.

I think it's the schedule we need this year. With the exception of the Xavier game I like the last half dozen games before conference play. Those are all very winnable games that give us a chance to going into the AE with some confidence.

I also like the balance in the schedule road vs. home. Start the season with two at home then go on the road, no real long road trips list last season.

Complete non conference schedule

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=204975387

2010-11 University at Albany Men's Basketball Non-Conference Schedule

Nov. 12 (Fri.), Cornell, SEFCU Arena

Nov. 15 (Mon.), American, SEFCU Arena

Nov. 17 (Wed.), at Georgia Tech, Atlanta, Ga.

Nov. 20 (Sat.), at Fairleigh Dickinson, Teaneck, N.J.

Nov. 23 (Tue.), Iona, SEFCU Arena

Nov. 26 (Fri.), at Detroit+, Detroit, Mich.

Nov. 27 (Sat.), Niagara+, Detroit, Mich.

Nov. 28 (Sun.), Bowling Green+, Detroit, Mich.

Dec. 4 (Sat.), at Siena, Albany, N.Y.

Dec. 6 (Mon.), at Yale, New Haven, Conn.

Dec. 11 (Sat.), Central Connecticut State, SEFCU Arena

Dec. 18 (Sat.), Mount St. Mary's, SEFCU Arena

Dec. 22 (Wed.), at Colgate, Hamilton, N.Y.

Dec. 28 (Tue.), at Xavier, Cincinnati, Ohio

Dec. 30 (Thu.), at Wagner, Staten Island, N.Y

A nice balanced schedule providing

4 nights kjmac16 and I don't need to be home before the kids go to bed (Cornell, American Iona, Siena)

2 days to bring the boys (CCSU, Mt. St. Mary's)

2 chances to invite out of town family to see teams of interest (CCSU and Iona)

3 travel possibilities to satisfy my self imposed 1 road game a year commitment (Yale, Wagner, Colgate although the last 2 may be tough with the holidays)

and no Thurs home games to conflict with alumni ball at the high school

my only concern is that weekend in Detroit will have no web feed

so was FAU a money game? I thought it was a home and home as well. I still cant believe loyola paid us to go there last year. Is GT a money game? I thought last year we didnt get anything for playing syracuse because it was an in season tourney

I didn't realize how close Colgate is. That looks like a nice road game.

I can't believe you never been there. Some idiots would say that this is UA's closest baseketball road game in 2010-11. Obviously it would be the second closest and you ought to take advantage of the short drive. Many of the UA teams have played there including the football team a few years ago. It is beautiful in the fall although it can get a little treacherous getting there in late December with snow squalls. It still is a good road game. Small arena, no bad seat in the house.

Archived