UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

TUC

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It appears that the TUC has gone through some renovations... Facebook/TUC

- Could it help recruiting?

I know the TUC had made overtures to UA.

Nice picture of the scoreboard, but most of the rest of the pictures seemed to be a waste. Don't need that many of putting up a crap logo.

It is about time they did something with the scoreboard. It was brutal last year during ECAC and NCAA hockey. But, they lost all college hockey this season and lost the AHL team and barely got another one. Guess they had to do something to keep the building from being without any worthwhile events.

I wouldn't play down there unless we had an opponent that would draw minimum 6 or 7K like a Syracuse, but I don't see them coming to town anytime soon. Back when it was worthwhile to go to LCC games(04-05), 3K or 4K there would seem like a morgue. Even though our fans certainly are more lively than the typical LCC fan who has one foot in the grave 3K or 4K is still going suck in that building compared to our building.

Also our current arena has better sightlines, better tailgating and better places to eat around. Broadway Joes food at best is mediocre and I couldn't tell you about the food at the Italian place across the street because they could not get people seated and orders taken in a timely fashion between games of the ncaa hockey last March.

I don't see us playing every game down there but I think against a bigger draw team it would be fine. I like where we are now and would much, much rather we be selling out our place than moving down to the TUC.

Like you, I'd be against playing every game down there. Selling out our own barn or close to it would be much better. I'm asking about playing 1 or 2...maybe 3 games down there if we can take down all MAAC/Siena stuff.

I'm also down for playing a game or 4 there against good competition to help recruiting but I'd love for Albany to completely remodel/expand the SEFCU much like that one school did that ClickClack posted a few months ago. That was a beautiful arena.

I voted NO, but it could be a maybe. I would only play there if all signs of LLC were removed or hidden in a way there would be absolutely no sign of them. Since this is not going to happen NO gets my vote. Also, unless we were bringing in a team guaranteed to draw more than 4538 people I would rather play at SEFCU.

I voted NO, but it could be a maybe. I would only play there if all signs of LLC were removed or hidden in a way there would be absolutely no sign of them. Since this is not going to happen NO gets my vote. Also, unless we were bringing in a team guaranteed to draw more than 4538 people I would rather play at SEFCU.

If UA were to play there, taking down the sienna crap ought to be the terms of the contract. If they want the event bad enough they will take down the sienna $iena. In the past they didn't for the River Rats, but they most definitely did for NCAA hockey tournaments. Hopefully the Devils used their leverage to get that crap down before agreeing to come back. I know I am not going to be happy if I see a point one nine banner hanging when I go to my first hockey game of the season.

If UA were to play there, taking down the sienna crap ought to be the terms of the contract. If they want the event bad enough they will take down the sienna $iena. In the past they didn't for the River Rats, but they most definitely did for NCAA hockey tournaments. Hopefully the Devils used their leverage to get that crap down before agreeing to come back. I know I am not going to be happy if I see a point one nine banner hanging when I go to my first hockey game of the season.

I believe the new contract (forced by the TU) stipulates that the arena does not have to be vacant +/- several days surrounding a Siena game. Furthermore, I believe that same contracts dictates that should UA want to use the building all Siena stuff will be taken down. I'll try to get some confirmation on that as I'm not 100% certain. It's something I hear a while back.

Archived