UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena game on TV

That...is just assinine. Time Warner is as stupid as the TU...but at least the TU props up their lapdog.

This is a year where both teams are either young or take a step back (Siena will be both) from where they were last year. I am a FIRM believe this game should not be televised UNTIL IT CONSISTENTLY SELLS OUT.

Way to build a brand...

I don't think this is so bad. Most of the fans I know, will still attend and most of those who may tune in, to this special local event were not going to view it otherwise. It also allows some who won't be able to attend to see it or record it, which I'm sure they will appreciate. I predict attendance will be good regardless. Both teams are question marks, for varying reasons. Additional tv exposure is always a good thing.

I also have no problem with having a road game on TV.

I don't think it is going to hurt attendance, but if it does who cares. It is a LCC home game so let them take a hit if there is one.

Also, UA has some of the home games on channel 3, so whatever affects there are to the attendance you figure are offset by exposure and or ad revenue. You would think it would be the same for this game with UA gaining some of the exposure.

LCC has a bunch of games on. I would never go to any of their games other than UA game unless I could get a ticket without the money going to LCC, but I might tune in for the Vermont or Butler game

That...is just assinine. Time Warner is as stupid as the TU...but at least the TU props up their lapdog.

This is a year where both teams are either young or take a step back (Siena will be both) from where they were last year. I am a FIRM believe this game should not be televised UNTIL IT CONSISTENTLY SELLS OUT.

Way to build a brand...

I'm with you on this. Attendance will suffer, and may have anyways. This is a mistake.

Click: Actually...it hurts us. No matter what anyone says, this game is good for our program...good for recruits. I don't care what Brown says publicly. It's great to tell kids you will play in front of 11,000 fans and get to sleep in your bed.

The other issues (home court, etc) are different.

But I dont want anyone to have any reason to cancel this game...and until it is sold out then guess what, it shouldn't be on TV. From a straight branding/marketing perspective...it is a terrible idea.

Click: Actually...it hurts us. No matter what anyone says, this game is good for our program...good for recruits. I don't care what Brown says publicly. It's great to tell kids you will play in front of 11,000 fans and get to sleep in your bed.

The other issues (home court, etc) are different.

But I dont want anyone to have any reason to cancel this game...and until it is sold out then guess what, it shouldn't be on TV. From a straight branding/marketing perspective...it is a terrible idea.

I'm of the opinion this will do nothing to the attendance for this game and in fact might help. If this is a close game and is exciting, people on TV will see it and say...hmmm, maybe I should go to that next year, seems like fun.

I agree 100% with Bob and Clack. The real fans will show if they can and don't have some conflict. That is the way I am with this game...I always show but hate giving my money to tu and lcc. Even if it is on tv I will go, but it is good to have the option in case something comes up; and it is always fun to tape and watch again, especillay with a UA win.

And if the attendance is low and lcc/tu lose revenue GREAT. As far as I am concerned it is a win-win for UA and I do not understand the naysayers to the game being televised?

And not to bring up an old story, but I still feel UA should not play this game at all until they get a better deal!!

I agree 100% with Bob and Clack. The real fans will show if they can and don't have some conflict. That is the way I am with this game...I always show but hate giving my money to tu and lcc. Even if it is on tv I will go, but it is good to have the option in case something comes up; and it is always fun to tape and watch again, especillay with a UA win.

And if the attendance is low and lcc/tu lose revenue GREAT. As far as I am concerned it is a win-win for UA and I do not understand the naysayers to the game being televised?

And not to bring up an old story, but I still feel UA should not play this game at all until they get a better deal!!

If you don't like to give your money to LCC make sure you ALWAYS (if available) purchase your tickets through the UA athletic dept. All of the money goes to UA.

If you don't like to give your money to LCC make sure you ALWAYS (if available) purchase your tickets through the UA athletic dept. All of the money goes to UA.

Clack, that is a given, I ALWAYS buy my ticket through UA. But I do not think you are correct about saying UA gets all the money. I beleive UA gets most (not all) from their allocation (which I beleive is less than 2000 seats) and pretty much little or nothing else. Again, I am not trying to restart and old topic, but UA gets very little money from this game. If there are 12000 fans at the game and if 1/2 are UA fans we do not get enough seats to cover even a third of our fans; and I am pretty sure even the tickets sold at UA are not @ 100% profit.

I have mixed feelings on this game. On the one hand when we beat LCC on their home court again, I want to be there. On the other hand I hate for any of my hard earned money going to them. As the allotment is now, UA sells out their allotment, LCC does not come close. If I buy tickets, I just force someone else to make the decision to buy tickets from LCC or not go.

If there ever is a fair arrangement where the arena is split down the middle like any bowl game does, I'll buy tickets every year. Under the current arrangement where I ( and all the university fans) are treated like second class citizens, there are plenty of reasons to look for another game to attend that day and then just watch the recording of the game if it is worthwhile and plenty of reasons never to buy another ticket from LCC for any game.

Let them buy more garbage bags to put over more seats!

Putting the UA-Siena game on TV is a mistake. Attendance will probably suffer. One of the main reasons Siena likes this game (especially with the trajectory of the two programs the past few years) is the 4-5,000 attendance "bump" vs. another out of conference opponent. I realize we don't get any financial benefit from higher attendance, but the game remains important in terms of recruiting, fan interest and media attention. Capital region fans shouldn't be given any reason to stay home. If you want the UA-Siena series to continue, it should not be on TV.

Archived