UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Siena

Same crap different year. For the first time since they started playing again I'm staying home. Tired of flying up there to sit in the end zone while Siena's alumni and wives stuff their fat pink asses into the good seats.

A home team has a 5-10 point advantage and some day we'll get tired of being their bitch in that regard.

That being said, I will be following the game Saturday as best I can from long distance. My gut tells me we have a chance this year. I hope CB anticipates full court pressure from the outset and has more remedy than last year. If we win this game, I'll commit to coming for the next 5 years straight. (well, I'll be straight no matter how many I come to).

Good Luck to Albany. Put a smile on my face.

And why wasn't a foul called on Jamar's shot a the buzzer?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KingDane I feel your pain. I will be at the game only because I live less than 20 minutes away; but if we do not get a better deal when the current contract with $iena (I beleive it expires this year or maybe next--anyone know?) expires, that is it for me. I have said it before and I will say it again, the only one at UA who has attempted to get a better deal for UA and its fans is Brown.

I would fully support him not scheduling this game until UA gets a better deal. If Jerry Jennings strong arms McElroy into signing another no profit, corner seats, deal again, then that is it for me and I would hope a lot of others would boycott also.

dslyank and King Dane

I with you. This was supposed to change for this current deal. It didn't and I don't see a reason to go to this game under these circumstances. I got some flack here when I went to Toronto to see the Bills a couple of years ago during this games weekend. Last year I went to this game. I could see the court for the first 30 minutes of the women's game and then same old same old for the men's game when the $iena came to claim their undeserved seats. If they insist on playing this on LCC home court every year they must split the tickets down the middle like at a bowl game if they want my money. If they don't need or want it, that is fine that is their decision. Obviously this is the biggest reason why as big a sports fan as I am $iena gets no money from me for any game.(when Vermont comes to play them, etc)

I am skipping this years game also. It being on TV made the decision easy. I am going to a couple of games Friday and Saturday( haven't decided which yet since the NCAA tourney is too far) and if it is worthwhile I'll watch on TV when I am back.

I follow Siena pretty closely, my observations leading up to the game in no particular order.

- Their interior D is soft, under the tutelage of Fran the bigs were instructed not to foul. Outside of Rossiter no one down low blocks a lot of shots. As we all know, Devlin is a pretty good three point threat, have him pull Anosike out and then have Black and Ambrose attack off the dribble all game long. If they can manage to get Rossiter in foul trouble Siena is screwed. He is the linchpin to their success. I was reading saintsfan's comments on the Siena board about how UA will have to as a team kill it on the board to stay in this game, I disagree. Outside of Rossiter and his 14rb per game which is awesome, their next leading rebounded is Anosike at 3.8 a game. Conversely, the guy he'll be matched up against, Devlin get's 6rb a game. Even if Devlin doesn't pull Anosike out, go right at him, the kid is very foul prone, I'd go right at him and get him out of the game.

- Siena's depth, not impressed. After the starting 5 there isn't much there.

~Burdine is young and missed the entire pre-season, trying to get up to speed but hasn't shown much

~Walters, Siena fans pimped him, the guy flat out sucks. Can't get any minutes on a team with little post depth (3.8mpg).

~Griffin, human turnstile, we can only hope he's out there for any extended period of time. Black, Logan and Ambrose, especially Black and Ambrose will destroy him.

~Wignot, one good game against Princeton, otherwise he's been a bust. He's a decent defender and can jump that's about it.

~Downey, he's been out all season, there have been speculations that he'll play this weekend but he hasn't played this season so he'll be rusty if they roll him out there.

~Martins, shows flashes and has replaced Walters on the depth chart, he's athletic and decent rebounder for the minutes he gets but he's a role player.

- Siena will have the best player on the court in Rossiter, the kid is flat out awesome. He will dominate us on the interior. Game will hinge on what we can manage to do with CJ. The kid is an enigma, if he's on with Ross we'll lose by 15 if he's off which he's been a number of times this season UA will have a chance to take the game. Ross is consistent, throw the UA big bodies at him and slow him down the best you can, CJ can be stopped. I'd throw Moore on him who is quick enough to stay in front of him and see if he can shut him down or double him the minute he gets the ball to force him to move the ball. Outside of that Black>Brookins, Ambrose>Wignot, Logan (pray that he's on)>then Downey/Griffin/Breeden. BTW, if Logan is on like he was in the Niagara game, nothing they do will be able to stop him. Problem is he's been inconsistent. Run him off of screens all day and let him shoot.

- Siena's press, if they press us and we can't beat it like last year, we'll be smoked again. When Siena turned up the press on UVM they were flustered, our team doesn't handle pressing and trapping very well. I'm sure they will come out with the press, if we can beat it a couple of times early on to get them to back off it would be a good thing.

Siena is clearly down but should still be the favorite because they will have the two most experienced and arguably the most talented players on the court. I'm worried how our young team comes out in that atmosphere, it's unlike anything they've played in before. Remember, we are starting TWO freshmen, TWO sophomores and a senior. They are starting two seniors who won 2NCAA games and only one freshmen. First 5 minutes will be critical. Again, they are the more experienced team and will be favorite in this game even though they are down from where they've been over the last two years. If this game is played next year, UA will be favored as they will lose Ross and CJ. They will be worse next season then they are this season but that's a totally different discussion.

Should be competitive game and not what transpired last year.

Siena fan here.

Same complaints/different year I see. I have said it time and again, when either school decides the game doesn't make sense for them, then by all means do not renew the contract. I do like the attention it gets locally and would miss it but when it comes right down to it, Siena has to do what's right for Siena/UA has to do what's right for UA. If those things mesh, great. If not, it will be sad but I will wish nothing but the best for the UA program moving forward.

As I wrote on Tony's board, I think this will be a close game. The key, as I see it, is whether or not Siena can keep Black and Ambrose from getting in the lane. If Black and Ambrose are able to get to the second line of defenders, then it will open up shots for UA's shooters and put Siena's bigs in a position to get in foul trouble.

Best of luck on Saturday (not really) and beyond (really)!!!

Q

Completely unnecessary response but to each his own.

Oh, I'm sorry, Clack. In the heat of the rivalry, it just seemed like an appropriate response at the moment. I'll work harder to sort out the good Siena posters from the bad.

Your first response was fine. There is no such thing as a good $iena poster nor is there such thing as "best and most realistic" Siena poster

Oh, I'm sorry, Clack. In the heat of the rivalry, it just seemed like an appropriate response at the moment. I'll work harder to sort out the good Siena posters from the bad.

Your first response was fine. There is no such thing as a good $iena poster nor is there such thing as "best and most realistic" Siena poster

Oki doki! Yes, they are rare but quack is one of them. Most of the fanbase is a giant collection of a-holes!

good to see bob87 is in midseason form.

Oki doki! Yes, they are rare but quack is one of them. Most of the fanbase is a giant collection of a-holes!

apparently the UA fanbase has their share as well. :)

Archived