UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Siena

how badly does the game need to be played in Albany. can it be moved to a neutral site like glenns falls.

if it really is a true rivalry game fans of both teams will travel the hour or so to watch the game

Glens Falls only seats 4,800 plus maybe another 1,000 floor seats for basketball, so it's not really an option for this series.

Bunny, The T-U Center has a capacity of 15,000, but as bob has mentioned many times, the seats on the baseline are covered with green tarps (lower level) or screened off (upper level) to limit seating to 8,065 for most of their games.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if it really is a true rivalry game fans of both teams will travel the hour or so to watch the game

Bunny, The T-U Center has a capacity of 15,000, but as bob has mentioned many times, the seats on the baseline are covered with green tarps (lower level) or screened off (upper level) to limit seating to 8,065 for most of their games.

I think they reconfigured the garbage bags this season and are using 8900 or so as the alleged capacity this season vs your number for last year. If we beat them Saturday, they will reconfigure the garbage bags for next season (and possibly the remainder of this season ) to an alleged capacity of 7,000

BTW, I may end up at Saturdays game after all. I am already at plan c. Plan A obviously was NCAA tomorrow if it was 800 miles or closer. Didn't happen. Plan B was Buffalo tomorrow with a stop in Syracuse on the way back as I was in the mood for some wings and an NHL game. Buffalo is still closed from exit 50 -55 as I type. It may be fine by tomorrow, but as much snow as it takes to close Buffalo, I don't feel like dealing with it. Realistic options still are RPI at Brown hockey, Butler vs. Duke at the meadowlands or NC state at Syracuse. As much as all those teams rank ahead of LCC in my book, they all involve travel and Albany still ranks first.

Yes, my play on words (using Green and Gold instead of Siena) is surely a sign of arrogance on my part.

I'll give you it is not as arrogant as thinking LCC is entitled to a home game every year vs a peer team vs. a home and home like vs. every other peer team but it is arrogant to refer to a lesser green and gold team as "the green and Gold"

Anyone know what kind of attendance is being expected at the game? I know it consistently gets over 10,000.Are we looking at more or less this year?

last report on the siena blog was that approx 9000 tickets were sold as of Wednesday, about 1000 fewer than at the same time last year.

http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesports/more-than-9000-tickets-sold-for-siena-ualbany/9357/

does anyone know if albany has sold all of their allotment of tickets yet?

According to the TU blog, McElroy said the 2,500 allotment is sold out and they are looking to get more tickets for students.

santillo tweeted an hour or so ago that 100 were left.

Call me crazy but judging on what UAlum just posted, our beef should be with our own administration rather then Siena.

Prior to the end of the season PGN will be putting together a letter to Pres. Phillips and Dr. McElroy demanding that something be done about this contract furthermore, we'll be putting together an online petition which we will print out in it's entirety and send off to them.

PGN gets approximately 100 unique hits a day we've topped out at over 200 unique hits. My hope is that we can get 200+ signatures. Any thoughts on this from the folks here? What's the level of support for something like this?

Call me crazy but judging on what UAlum just posted, our beef should be with our own administration rather then Siena.

If the quote is accurate and you never know from the hack writing the article, he is out of touch with alumni on this issue. The best event you can have would be a home game every other year. It could be an Additional big purple growl/ feast. Next best would be splitting the arena down the middle where our big donors and season ticket holders would have seats they deserve. Least best would be continuing allowing our alumni to be treated as second class citizens while taking a little extra short term money while allowing a school many alumni hate laugh all the way to the bank. I wouldn't be surprised if the tickets sales from this game cover LCC's rent payment to the county for the entire season and then left a larger profit than from any other game.

Many of the alumni I hang out with are far more excited about the MSG game than they are with tomorrows game.

Obviously, we want to win every game, but if the games are close and you’re getting the kind of engagement and interest both in fan interest and real excitment from alumni, you want to continue the event and make it the best event you can,” McElroy said

You're right, Siena probably could not schedule another home game in our place with 10,000+ fans, but they could schedule another home game with anywhere from 5,000 to, let's say, 8,500 fans. So I think LCC would have no problem rejecting our demands, and I don't blame their AD for having done so (to the extent we even made such demands). Just looking at the issue objectively, guys ... .

Not EVERY year. There is absolutely no way they could replace the UA game. At best they would be able to do a HOME and HOME and get a good crowd every OTHER year. Last year they couldn't even schedule the last game they are allowed under the limit of games. In those years they would be down 2 games if they kept their arrogance.

Yo guys- thought I stop by for my yearly bitch slapping of my good buddy Bob

Since Siena gives UA 2500 tickets… what does UA avg per home game 2600 if that?

Don’t really care if you believe this or not but Siena doesn’t make much more off the UA game than any other home game - remember Siena avg over 8000 fans a game last year and are avg over 8K thru the first two home games

Siena doesn’t “owe” UA anything. UA gets 2,500 tickets - at 15 to 20 bucks a ticket – no travel expenses UA probably makes more on the Siena game than any “home” game all year. We won’t even talk about how the Siena game gets more local pub for UA than any regular season game all year- it brings in Alumni for UA from all over the country. But if the powers that be at UA decide its not worth playing the game anymore.. I say don’t let the door hit you in the ass- very little for Siena to gain from this game- they are huge favorites every year- if they don’t win by 20 or more several of the more delusional fans will be upset etc..in short in many ways it’s a no win game for Siena.

At any rate let’s hope for a big Siena win where everyone on both sides stay healthy

Archived