UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Siena

You're right, Siena probably could not schedule another home game in our place with 10,000+ fans, but they could schedule another home game with anywhere from 5,000 to, let's say, 8,500 fans. So I think LCC would have no problem rejecting our demands, and I don't blame their AD for having done so (to the extent we even made such demands). Just looking at the issue objectively, guys ... .

Not EVERY year. There is absolutely no way they could replace the UA game. At best they would be able to do a HOME and HOME and get a good crowd every OTHER year. Last year they couldn't even schedule the last game they are allowed under the limit of games. In those years they would be down 2 games if they kept their arrogance.

Yo guys- thought I stop by for my yearly bitch slapping of my good buddy Bob

Since Siena gives UA 2500 tickets… what does UA avg per home game 2600 if that?

Don’t really care if you believe this or not but Siena doesn’t make much more off the UA game than any other home game - remember Siena avg over 8000 fans a game last year and are avg over 8K thru the first two home games

Siena doesn’t “owe” UA anything. UA gets 2,500 tickets - at 15 to 20 bucks a ticket – no travel expenses UA probably makes more on the Siena game than any “home” game all year. We won’t even talk about how the Siena game gets more local pub for UA than any regular season game all year- it brings in Alumni for UA from all over the country. But if the powers that be at UA decide its not worth playing the game anymore.. I say don’t let the door hit you in the ass- very little for Siena to gain from this game- they are huge favorites every year- if they don’t win by 20 or more several of the more delusional fans will be upset etc..in short in many ways it’s a no win game for Siena.

At any rate let’s hope for a big Siena win where everyone on both sides stay healthy

Ha ha

The next time YOU bitchslap anyone will be you first time.

I am actually surprised you showed up here after getting destroyed year after year.

You are dumb even when compared to other sienna fans. Rumor has it that you are so dumb, you applied to sienna and got rejected.

Yep very little for LCC to gain by this game. I hope it gets cancelled. I would be curious to see who LCC can convince to play at home every year and obviously love to see the huge hit to the LCC revenue. The other 9 maac teams got sick of giving LCC the home court advantage. It is time UA steps up and does the same.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right, Siena probably could not schedule another home game in our place with 10,000+ fans, but they could schedule another home game with anywhere from 5,000 to, let's say, 8,500 fans. So I think LCC would have no problem rejecting our demands, and I don't blame their AD for having done so (to the extent we even made such demands). Just looking at the issue objectively, guys ... .

Not EVERY year. There is absolutely no way they could replace the UA game. At best they would be able to do a HOME and HOME and get a good crowd every OTHER year. Last year they couldn't even schedule the last game they are allowed under the limit of games. In those years they would be down 2 games if they kept their arrogance.

Don’t really care if you believe this or not but Siena doesn’t make much more off the UA game than any other home game - remember Siena avg over 8000 fans a game last year and are avg over 8K thru the first two home games

Siena doesn’t “owe” UA anything. UA gets 2,500 tickets - at 15 to 20 bucks a ticket – no travel expenses UA probably makes more on the Siena game than any “home” game all year. We won’t even talk about how the Siena game gets more local pub for UA than any regular season game all year- it brings in Alumni for UA from all over the country. But if the powers that be at UA decide its not worth playing the game anymore.. I say don’t let the door hit you in the ass- very little for Siena to gain from this game- they are huge favorites every year- if they don’t win by 20 or more several of the more delusional fans will be upset etc..in short in many ways it’s a no win game for Siena.

At any rate let’s hope for a big Siena win where everyone on both sides stay healthy

Ha ha

The next time YOU bitchslap anyone will be you first time.

I am actually surprised you showed up here after getting destroyed year after year.

You are dumb even when compared to other sienna fans. Rumor has it that you are so dumb, you applied to sienna and got rejected.

Yep very little for LCC to gain by this game. I hope it gets cancelled. I would be curious to see who LCC can convince to play at home every year and obviously love to see the huge hit to the LCC revenue. The other 9 maac teams got sick of giving LCC the home court advantage. It is time UA steps up and does the same.

Who knows Bob maybe you'll get your wish... and UA can be content with 1200 fans a game.. And Siena fans will have to be content with how the Saints absolutely dominated the danes on the hardwood.. And don’t forget any UA fan that doesn’t have a ticket… make sure you buy one at the box office or if your out of town you can purchase the live video feed here http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/siena.portal?mode=link&eventId=8148&broadcastType=video#

Do you not realize your arrogance or just not care??? It's actually funny that try to justify UA's small ticket allocation with the "well you guys draw 2500 on average anyways" crap. UA could and would sell more than it's 2500 cap if it was given the opportunity. If this were a true home and home series UA would obviously sell out it's own facility on our Home dates. You conveniently ignore how your attendance manages to increase roughly 4500-5000 for this game. Coincidence? I think not. I can only say so much regarding the idiocracy on our end that allowed this to happen, but please keep your upsurd and irrational rationalizations to your own forrum. You can't fool anyone here into believing that Siena is completely "innocent" in making out like bandits. This is the most profitable home game for you all year, and while it may be true this game may rank ahead of most of our home games, there is PLENTY of money left on the table from our point of view. Good luck drawing 13,500 against NJIT. Better yet good luck drawing 11k once your deduct the 2500 tickets you "Gave us". Do you realize how the economics of this game works? You "give us" the putrid 2500 tickets. most of which you admitted were low value anyways, and UA fans are forced to buy at minimum another 4k, where does that money go? I'm sure you can figure it out.

If Siena makes so little off the UA game, which has by far the greatest attendance of any Siena game, then how much does Siena lose on every other game it plays at the TUC? SienaTony's comment makes no sense at all.

If that is the case and I were making decisions on where Siena should play its games, then I would definitely move from that venue.

By the way, I thought I had just recently read about all the money that Siena actually makes from its basketball operations. Something just isn't quite logical here.

Do you not realize your arrogance or just not care??? It's actually funny that try to justify UA's small ticket allocation with the "well you guys draw 2500 on average anyways" crap.

What part of this don’t you understand... I don’t care how many tickets UA's gets... if you want to call giving UA the same amount of tickets as they average in fans a ‘small allotment “ what are you saying about UA’s average attendance? If the powers that be at UA don’t like the deal- they can easily not renew it .. What part is hard to understand here? ...Siena doesn’t owe UA anything.

Personally I don’t care one way or another- the game is a no win situation for Siena and to be quite frank Siena wins every year anyway- UA's portion of the crowd has been steadily declining so its no big deal to me if the contract doesn’t get renewed, I'm a firm believer that UA gets more out of this game than Siena does. If you want to say telling you the truth is arrogant so be it.. But it doesn’t change the facts

If Siena makes so little off the UA game, which has by far the greatest attendance of any Siena game, then how much does Siena lose on every other game it plays at the TUC? SienaTony's comment makes no sense at all.

If that is the case and I were making decisions on where Siena should play its games, then I would definitely move from that venue.

By the way, I thought I had just recently read about all the money that Siena actually makes from its basketball operations. Something just isn't quite logical here.

Old dog—where did I say Siena makes less off the UA game? If we get 12000 today and Siena gives UA 2500 tickets.. that’s a net of 9500 tickets for Siena… thru the first two games Siena is avg 8500 a game.. a difference of 1000 fans no big deal in the grand scheme of things..hardly a windfall as some of your UA friends would think. UA on the other hand probably nets close to 50K off this game… far more than getting 1500 fans in @ 6 bucks a ticket… think about it.

Old dog—where did I say Siena makes less off the UA game? If we get 12000 today and Siena gives UA 2500 tickets.. that’s a net of 9500 tickets for Siena… thru the first two games Siena is avg 8500 a game.. a difference of 1000 fans no big deal in the grand scheme of things..hardly a windfall as some of your UA friends would think. UA on the other hand probably nets close to 50K off this game… far more than getting 1500 fans in @ 6 bucks a ticket… think about it.

Please reread my statement. You claimed that Siena makes little off the game with UA. And I disagree with your analysis that an extra 1000 fans makes little difference. If your expenses are so high each night, then the extra thousand fans is all cream.

I don't know all that much about basketball, but I do have some common sense.

Please reread my statement. You claimed that Siena makes little off the game with UA. And I disagree with your analysis that an extra 1000 fans makes little difference. If your expenses are so high each night, then the extra thousand fans is all cream.

I don't know all that much about basketball, but I do have some common sense.

Makes little extra... yeah 1000 more fans - Siena pays all the security clean up etc... In the end very little difference getting 8K in for Florida Atlantic ( like Siena will) than getting 12K for UA.. again what is it to UA fans what Siena makes on any game. The bottom line here is UA will make more on this game than any home game all season- UA will get more publicity than for any other home game- what Siena makes is quite frankly not your concern- your concern is what’s in it for UA.. And if its not worth it—walk away , what is so hard to understand here?

Do you not realize your arrogance or just not care??? It's actually funny that try to justify UA's small ticket allocation with the "well you guys draw 2500 on average anyways" crap.

What part of this don’t you understand... I don’t care how many tickets UA's gets... if you want to call giving UA the same amount of tickets as they average in fans a ‘small allotment “ what are you saying about UA’s average attendance? If the powers that be at UA don’t like the deal- they can easily not renew it .. What part is hard to understand here? ...Siena doesn’t owe UA anything.

Personally I don’t care one way or another- the game is a no win situation for Siena and to be quite frank Siena wins every year anyway- UA's portion of the crowd has been steadily declining so its no big deal to me if the contract doesn’t get renewed, I'm a firm believer that UA gets more out of this game than Siena does. If you want to say telling you the truth is arrogant so be it.. But it doesn’t change the facts

Again you chose to ignore some facts and things I said. Although our attendance is much, much smaller yours, it doesn't speak to the fact that this game is an outlier in terms of attendance...for BOTH teams. I conceded in my post that I couldn't say much about the current deal, as we made our bed, now we must lay in it. The arrogance is from people like yourself honestly believing that this deal is in any way equitable. I hope something can be worked out going forward as long as it isn't anywhere near the level of highway robbery we're engaged in now.

No win situation??? It is your biggest draw all year! And on top of it you've gotten a W out of it the vast majority of years. You get even more press the week before and after (hard to believe). Not sure what more you could ask for from an OOC opponent? As said before, if siena makes so little, both financially and otherwise, off this game (which you can NOT dispute is the biggest draw of the year), than I would love to see what kind of "hits" you guys take when you play somebody like UVM, NJIT or even Niagra?

Again you chose to ignore some facts and things I said. Although our attendance is much, much smaller yours, it doesn't speak to the fact that this game is an outlier in terms of attendance...for BOTH teams. I conceded in my post that I couldn't say much about the current deal, as we made our bed, now we must lay in it. The arrogance is from people like yourself honestly believing that this deal is in any way equitable. I hope something can be worked out going forward as long as it isn't anywhere near the level of highway robbery we're engaged in now.

No win situation??? It is your biggest draw all year! And on top of it you've gotten a W out of it the vast majority of years. You get even more press the week before and after (hard to believe). Not sure what more you could ask for from an OOC opponent? As said before, if siena makes so little, both financially and otherwise, off this game (which you can NOT dispute is the biggest draw of the year), than I would love to see what kind of "hits" you guys take when you play somebody like UVM, NJIT or even Niagra?

I must not be clear here-- if I gave the impression Siena didn’t make any money on the game-- sorry was not my intention... of course Siena makes money off the game.. damn good money... but in the end - given the fact Siena gives UA 2500 tickets and another 200 or 300 "complimentary” tickets ( for players families etc) Siena pays increased security and clean up costs etc... the good people of the Albany county take their share etc.. the difference between getting 8K for Florida Atlantic and 12000 for UA is nominal- its not like Siena is getting a windfall and like I’ve said a million times what Siena makes is of no concern to UA,,, all UA should be concerned with is how much does UA make and does the game make sense for UA and its men’s basketball team. - If it doesn’t walk away

Archived