UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Sleeping With the Enemy: Siena Saints Blog

Doc

Damn, it feels like this is the super bowl with such an outrageously long lead up to the game.

Anyways, the Siena Saints blog answered a few of Purple and Gold Nation's questions:

http://pagn.wordpress.com/2010/12/03/sleeping-with-the-enemy-siena-saints/

Let us know what you think, hoping to make a regular feature for opponents who have blogs.

Also, this is the second separate thread I've made in two days- I promise I won't make a habit of it.

Agreed.

For one, I don't give a rats ass about the inside of Siena.

For two, I don't want any additional promoting of SIENA...the Times Union does a good job at that.

For three, though I hope you were joking...we are not cutting our ART program. There is this little building called the Boor Scuplture studio. From a historic perspective...if we did cut it for sports then it would be the ultimate irony; the millions spent on the BOOR were earmarked initially for the Stadium. Bing you Karen Hitchcock...and yes, I would say that to her face (along with some Canadian students who don't particularly like her either.

That said, if you are looking to get into reporting, etc...good job. But I could care less about it from a pure do I want to know about Siena perspective.

Bing 'EM. When they stop treating us like a DIII...maybe I will care about keeping relations. I used to keep relations...that is until they gave NJIT and Vermont a home and home. Gloves came off then.

Agreed.

Gloves came off then.

Wait, there was a time you wore gloves? :)

Nice idea Doc but a tough sell with Siena. I think my first Albany-Siena game (a hockey game) the players couldn't come back out from the locker room until the state troopers got there because the crowd was going at each other. I was going to complain that the Siena blog didn't return the favor but they did with a preview of us.

Damn, it feels like this is the super bowl with such an outrageously long lead up to the game.

Anyways, the Siena Saints blog answered a few of Purple and Gold Nation's questions:

http://pagn.wordpress.com/2010/12/03/sleeping-with-the-enemy-siena-saints/

Let us know what you think, hoping to make a regular feature for opponents who have blogs.

Also, this is the second separate thread I've made in two days- I promise I won't make a habit of it.

Ipecac

Well done Doc, stir some more emotions. Bring your hate tomorrow or stay home....LCC SUCKS! Nothing pisses me off more then some of them calling it the LCC Cup. They've gotten by, by the skin of their teeth for years while enjoying the comforts of home court and have the arrogance and audacity to call it the LCC cup. If this was a true home and home with games played at the SEFCU UA would have 3 or 4 wins and not 1.

I for one thought it was a good read.

Q: Is it a recruiting advantage that the TU would prefer to interview a stray jockstrap in the Siena locker room than write a blog post about UAlbany?

A. I just hope they don’t take a photo of the stray jockstrap for the story.

Agreed.

Gloves came off then.

I think my first Albany-Siena game (a hockey game) the players couldn't come back out from the locker room until the state troopers got there because the crowd was going at each other.

You should have been there in 1972 when some Siena punk attempted to rip the "EEP says Siena Sucks" banner down resulting in a massive brawl with over a minute left in the game. The refs cleared the floor and declared the game over.

Agreed.

Gloves came off then.

I think my first Albany-Siena game (a hockey game) the players couldn't come back out from the locker room until the state troopers got there because the crowd was going at each other.

You should have been there in 1972 when some Siena punk attempted to rip the "EEP says Siena Sucks" banner down resulting in a massive brawl with over a minute left in the game. The refs cleared the floor and declared the game over.

Rudy Vido was one of the Potter Club guys they tried to take the sign from. Epic Fail of planning on their part, though this was an early introduction of body surfing in America as the $iena guys returned to the gym floor. Well, more like body tossing.

Agreed.

Gloves came off then.

I was at that game and remember the ending well.

At that time there was a Capitol District Christmas Tournament with UA, Union, RPI, and Siena in addition to a home and home regular season series with Siena.

Danefan. NO DOUBT A GOOD JOB BY DOC!

My issue is, and of course I dont have to read these things, I have no desire to given them a modicum of support via publicity on the internet.

It really pissed me off to see them say no home and home with us because we are the weaker team...yet they gave one to UVM and NJIT.

Bing em

Agreed.

Gloves came off then.

Where was the 72 game played? What sport?

How ridiculous were the lcc punks back then? They couldn't be as ridiculous as they are now.

Agreed.

Gloves came off then.

Where was the 72 game played? What sport?

How ridiculous were the lcc punks back then? They couldn't be as ridiculous as they are now.

Men's basketball at University Gym. In those days, there was a JV game preceding the varsity game and you had to get there at the start of the jv game just to get in. I don't actually know any current Siena students,so I can't really answer your question, but at that time it was always the clash between preppy acting private school kids who thought they were better than publicly educated kids, even tho the academic profile of the incoming freshman classes were always better at our alma mater.

Danefan. NO DOUBT A GOOD JOB BY DOC!

My issue is, and of course I dont have to read these things, I have no desire to given them a modicum of support via publicity on the internet.

It really pissed me off to see them say no home and home with us because we are the weaker team...yet they gave one to UVM and NJIT.

Bing em

You are not alone with that issue. That is the sole reason I hate going to this game. I also did not read Doc's entry. I only read their stories when of interest, players flunking out, driving drunk, coach and family showing no class. It is time for our admin to tell them where to go.

BTW, love the stories of the 70's. Must have been some fun games especially the home games.

Archived