UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@Xavier

Doc

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sleeping With The Enemy: Xavier Musketeers.

Nice preview by an Xavier blogger.

Looks like a great game in the making. Any word on Aronhalt's back?

From Santillo on twitter: Soph. G Logan Aronhalt hasn't practiced since Colgate game due to lower back - Coach Brown said he's a "coin flip" for tomorrow vs. Xavier

Xavier guard rides with the enemy

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/xavier-guard-mark-lyons-catches-ride-on-albany-team-bus-122710

Xavier starting guard Mark Lyons was supposed to have a sidekick when he walked onto Albany's team bus for a very unusual and potentially awkward 12-or-so-hour trek that began at 10 p.m. Sunday night.

However, Musketeers star Tu Holloway couldn't get from Hempstead, N.Y. to Albany due to a major snowstorm that hammered much of the country. He was forced to return home for the night, meaning Lyons was flying solo on the Albany team bus en route to Cincinnati for Tuesday's game against Xavier......read more

Wait what?

Why are their players on our bus? I'm not following...

Two Xavier players are from NY and their flights were canceled. One kid who lives close to Albany was able to make it on our bus but the other kid from Long Island couldn't make it up to Albany so he is still in LI. If you click the link it gives a much longer article on the situation.

Wait what?

Two Xavier players are from NY and their flights were canceled. One kid who lives close to Albany was able to make it on our bus but the other kid from Long Island couldn't make it up to Albany so he is still in LI. If you click the link it gives a much longer article on the situation.

Their flights may have been cancelled, but Greyhound is still running, and the rental car companies are still open.

Kidding. It's a funny story. Hopefully he brought some media because the conversation might be as icy as the weather.

Sleeping With The Enemy: Xavier Musketeers.

Nice preview by an Xavier blogger.

Looks like a great game in the making. Any word on Aronhalt's back?

From Santillo on twitter: Soph. G Logan Aronhalt hasn't practiced since Colgate game due to lower back - Coach Brown said he's a "coin flip" for tomorrow vs. Xavier

Aronhalt says he’ll play vs. Xavier

http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesports/aronhalt-says-hell-play-vs-xavier/9684/

Wait what?

Their flights may have been cancelled, but Greyhound is still running, and the rental car companies are still open.

Kidding. It's a funny story. Hopefully he brought some media because the conversation might be as icy as the weather.

Holloway planning Tuesday return

Just had a chance to talk to Tu Holloway, who’s still in Long Island. The XU point guard plans to join the team tomorrow and play vs. Albany at 7 p.m. He’s taking a bus overnight to Pittsburgh and meeting a friend who’s driving him to Xavier in the morning.

“I should be back tomorrow. I just want to get back to Cincinnati and be with my teammates,” Holloway said......

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/xavier/2010/12/27/holloway-planning-tuesday-return/

Sounds like an awful trip for Halloway. I thought the part in the story where he wouldn't have offered the other teams players a ride was pretty fun.

Well done to Coach Brown and staff for getting this done. I wouldn't complain if Mark Lyons is on the bus trip back to Albany too! Just kidding...not really.

Great news about Aronhalt being back for this game. Two tough games this week and we can use them. I was thinking after a 12 hour bus ride back after Tuesday night's game they have to get back on the bus to Staten Island. Yikes!

As deflating of win as Colgate was, I still like our chances against the Musketeers. We have our size to depth ratio is considerably better than Xavier, and if CB plays this card right could be huge. Who really knows how hurt or healthy Logan's back is, he seems like the kind of player that is going to be out there physically ready or not-I hope he is because this would be a bad time for him to have a 3-18 shooting night. Hopefully Mike and Timmy can pick up the slack by keeping it clean and up tempo. I am bit concerned about what we can do offensively without our main perimeter threat, but I think the other guards will try to keep it more more of an up tempo game so we can't be exposed in our half court sets.

Bottom line...

If Logan has a terrible shooting night or our bigs are completely non-existant...we lose by 15-20

But...

If we see the Danes we saw against MSM...it will be close and if Tim has the ball with a chance to win at the end, I like our chances

Archived