UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Luke Devlin

UA'08

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The Force is strong with this one."

It's February and that might be the first force reference.

Pretty incredible how quickly things can change in a year. Mark McGuire had a poll on his blog about which program has a brighter outlook Albany or Siena. Wasn't a serious question a year ago.

Pretty incredible how quickly things can change in a year. Mark McGuire had a poll on his blog about which program has a brighter outlook Albany or Siena. Wasn't a serious question a year ago.

Yep, there seems to be a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Two programs are going in different directions.

Yep, there seems to be a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Two programs are going in different directions.

Well it seemed like the 2 programs were going different directions last season also.

But unlike last season, the different directions for both are good this season.

I like Puk going forward, I think he's only scratched the surface of what he can do. I hope he can take care of that foot that's been bothering him and come out next year ready to up his game.

He is big, mobile, good leaper, good instinct especially on the defensive end, good timing on his block and I can see a semblance of a back to the basket game. Him being a threat inside would open up a lot of outside opportunities for Logan and Black. I think he is the key to us not being a donut team.

He's listed at 6-8 230lb. Imagine another summer of lifting and working on his inside game. Yikes!

nf3bky.gif

Hahahaahah. Devlin has two games left this week and Voekel has one against a tough BU. If he can put up double double numbers again this week he can really give Voekel a run for his money for ROY.

Great to have a kid like this on the team. He really seems to hustle. I wish they would feed him in the low post more. He had a couple nice moves down low against Bing. On two of them he scored and on one the d collapsed and he found Black for a wide open 3 which he drained. I wish the team would try more of this instead of always passing around the perimeter.

Clouded, Siena's future is.

• 2 weeks later...

I took a look at some of Devlin's numbers this season..as compared to impact seasons for other UAlbany freshmen during the team's DI history*.

Top 10 Points (Season):

1. J. Wilson - 509

2. EJ Gallup - 487

3. J. Iati - 392

4. L. Levine - 369

5. A. Raffa - 271

6. L. Devlin - 236

7. M. Black - 222

8. T. Ambrose - 210

9. L. Aronhalt - 209

10. B. Wilson - 195

Top 10 Rebounding (Season):

1. L. Devlin - 220

2. L. Levine - 167

3. B. Metcalf - 125

4. B. Wilson - 118

5. J. Puk - 110

6. C. Johnson - 107

7. J. Wilson - 102

8. A. Raffa - 91

9. T. Ambrose - 82

10. J. Martin - 79

Brent Wilson (04-05): 7.0ppg, 4.2rpg, 0.6apg, 0.6spg, 0.3bpg, 42% FG, 37% 3FG, 71% FT

Luke Devlin (10-11): 7.4ppg, 6.9rpg, 0.8apg, 0.7spg, 0.4bpg, 40% FG, 31% 3FG, 72% FT

* Source: http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/

Archived