UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Luke Devlin

UA'08

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like Luke and this is a good article but, in my opinion, next season rests on the shoulders of Mike and Logan. We will go as far as those two take us. I may be wrong and other scoring options might materialize but as of now those two need to step up on the offensive side and become much more consistent.

I actually differ than all the above:

The season rests on how good Gerado Suero comes in and lives up to the talent he possesses. Luke, Mike, Logan, et al all need to get better...but a guy like Suero (basically a 6'4 silkier version of Tim)can slash to the basket and cause mismatch problems (e.g. similar to Holland) then your putting some serious pressure on the defense with the perimeter guys and a guy who can attack.

Mark it: Suero is good...the Danes will be truly "Great". Suero is ok...Danes will be good. Suero doesn't give us at least Timmy numbers...we are in trouble.

Lot's of pressure for an unproven talent...but that is where the jump in our stature rests, IMHO.

The season rests on how good Gerado Suero comes in and lives up to the talent he possesses. Luke, Mike, Logan, et al all need to get better...but a guy like Suero (basically a 6'4 silkier version of Tim)can slash to the basket and cause mismatch problems (e.g. similar to Holland) then your putting some serious pressure on the defense with the perimeter guys and a guy who can attack.

Mark it: Suero is good...the Danes will be truly "Great". Suero is ok...Danes will be good. Suero doesn't give us at least Timmy numbers...we are in trouble.

Lot's of pressure for an unproven talent...but that is where the jump in our stature rests, IMHO.

Forgive me but...if we are hanging our hopes (again) on an unproven JUCO, we are effed.

I don't know what to expect from Suero, Page, Rowley and who ever else they bring in. All I know is that Devlin, Puk, Metcalf, Watts, Black and Aronhalt have to take the next step if we are to be any good. Anything that Page and Rowley give us would be a plus as freshmen.

I'm cautiously optimistic regarding Suero but who knows.

The thing I like is we'll likely go into the season with a player rotation set and people knowing their role. I think that's certainly worth something.

I'm with Click on Suero. Hopeful but waiting to see. On the bright side our last two guards from Our Savior New American have worked out pretty well.

I agree completely with this. Timmy leaves a huge hole. The strides Logan, Mike, and Luke would need to take to fill tim's offensive numbers is too much to ask. We will desperately need a consistent offensive threat that can create his own shot.

Is Suero still playing JC ball right now?

No, graduated in December.

so what is he doing now? has he enrolled at Albany? getting ahead on classwork so he can take a lighter load in the Fall? is he working out and unofficially spending time with the team and Coach Brown so as to expedite his learning curve,etc? seems like an odd situation...does anybody know the specifics of what is going on? did he actually play 2 seasons at JC? I think that he is critical to the team's results next year as we will badly need an aggressive slasher/scorer to replace Timmy

Is Suero still playing JC ball right now?

No, graduated in December.

so what is he doing now? has he enrolled at Albany? getting ahead on classwork so he can take a lighter load in the Fall? is he working out and unofficially spending time with the team and Coach Brown so as to expedite his learning curve,etc? seems like an odd situation...does anybody know the specifics of what is going on? did he actually play 2 seasons at JC? I think that he is critical to the team's results next year as we will badly need an aggressive slasher/scorer to replace Timmy

I was wondering the same. If he graduated shouldn't he have enrolled for the spring semester at albany?

Archived