UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SEASON TICKET RENEWALS

I received the "brochure" yesterday. I guess this is in lieu of the renewal packet we usually get. No dealine to renew hoops season tickets? Not very good marketing.

Not much is done to cultivate and encourage renewals. They kind of take it for granted that we'll line up at the window.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 ) LCC game not on the form this year. Hopefully that means they didn't renew at terrible terms again.

Siena fans are saying the game will be on 12/3. In the past I think we've had a form to buy tickets for that game directly through the UA box office. I'm hoping that continues maybe in a later mailing.

Maybe it's a parched man in the desert happy for any drop of water but I'm taking the mention of a multi-purpose stadium and the artists rendering in the flyer as a positive.

Regarding the LCC game, I believe the two AD's are still trying to work out a mutually acceptable agreement. I don't believe we are there yet but I could be wrong.

Hopefully our AD grew a pair.

I also haven't heard anything new on this since statefan mentioned last week he heard coach say in passing on Roger's show the contract with LCC hasn't been signed yet.

I always hope that we don't sign another bad contract with them just like I hope I see a football stadium with reasonable sightlines. I'll believe both when I see them although the season ticket form is a least a little more encouraging on the football stadium.

If the LCC continues to be part of LCC home package it is going to even more difficult to convince me to "order" tickets to that game.

The LCC game has been played the first Saturday in December for a while so it would surprise me to see it played on a different date. I already have been thinking about going to Indianapolis that weekend expecting that I would have a better chance on getting a seat where I could see the Big 10 football game than a seat in the knick where I could see the Albany game. We will see.

Regarding the LCC game, I believe the two AD's are still trying to work out a mutually acceptable agreement. I don't believe we are there yet but I could be wrong.

Hopefully our AD grew a pair.

I also haven't heard anything new on this since statefan mentioned last week he heard coach say in passing on Roger's show the contract with LCC hasn't been signed yet.

I always hope that we don't sign another bad contract with them just like I hope I see a football stadium with reasonable sightlines. I'll believe both when I see them although the season ticket form is a least a little more encouraging on the football stadium.

If the LCC continues to be part of LCC home package it is going to even more difficult to convince me to "order" tickets to that game.

The LCC game has been played the first Saturday in December for a while so it would surprise me to see it played on a different date. I already have been thinking about going to Indianapolis that weekend expecting that I would have a better chance on getting a seat where I could see the Big 10 football game than a seat in the knick where I could see the Albany game. We will see.

We should still be playing football the first weekend of December 2011. wink.gif

I received the "brochure" yesterday. I guess this is in lieu of the renewal packet we usually get. No dealine to renew hoops season tickets? Not very good marketing.

Not much is done to cultivate and encourage renewals. They kind of take it for granted that we'll line up at the window.

There really is no excuse for this nonsense. I emailed Carmelina in the Alumni office about discrepancies in the "Tickets Renewal" brochure and she said she knew nothing (which is vey rare--because she has always been a HUGE help before) and the ticket office is totally separate. I emailed them only to have the ticket email address reject.

Someone on this blog must have connections with Charlie Voelker or higher and find out what the deal is for renewals (if no "deal" for renewals, at least some common courtesies for our loyalty would be appropriate) and WHY the brochure sends people to the web site for NON-EXISTANT information about a multi-sport stadium??

There really is no excuse for this nonsense. I emailed Carmelina in the Alumni office about discrepancies in the "Tickets Renewal" brochure and she said she knew nothing (which is vey rare--because she has always been a HUGE help before) and the ticket office is totally separate. I emailed them only to have the ticket email address reject.

Someone on this blog must have connections with Charlie Voelker or higher and find out what the deal is for renewals (if no "deal" for renewals, at least some common courtesies for our loyalty would be appropriate) and WHY the brochure sends people to the web site for NON-EXISTANT information about a multi-sport stadium??

Why didn't you e-mail Charlie Voelker?

I called Friday morning. got voice mail. Have not received a response

I also e-mailed Mr. Coe and Dr. McElroy. Dr.McElroy referred me to Rick, it's been three days, no reply.

Ineptness....

Also how hard is it to include volleyball on the form. I have gotten football, basketball and volleyball season tickets for a few years now, but every year I have to call them up and ask how much are the volleyball tickets and add them on the form.

I'll get around to doing that in mid August when I pay for all my tickets, but obviously if it was done correctly they wouldn't have to answer additional calls.

We really need some professionalism added to the Athletic Department. The athletic store has the same few items for sale for years. Some undergraduate will eventually get around to filling orders or maybe not. We get mixed messages about major initiatives like the stadium. Is there a stadium initiave or not? This is a business. Run it like a business. Hire some people with experience from major state university athletic programs like Michigan or UNC. Invest in the business with some talent and it'll pay for itself. I just don't understand this mentality. The athletic department shouldn't be making supporters fight to buy tickets, donate money, etc. They should be facilitating it.

We really need some professionalism added to the Athletic Department. The athletic store has the same few items for sale for years. Some undergraduate will eventually get around to filling orders or maybe not. We get mixed messages about major initiatives like the stadium. Is there a stadium initiave or not? This is a business. Run it like a business. Hire some people with experience from major state university athletic programs like Michigan or UNC. Invest in the business with some talent and it'll pay for itself. I just don't understand this mentality. The athletic department shouldn't be making supporters fight to buy tickets, donate money, etc. They should be facilitating it.

Well put! The lack of foresight and planning is beyond comical at this point.

Sad state of affairs, the thing is I and I'm sure others have asked for there to be a more robust store, better information on the website, better communication to supporters but no...it's like pulling teeth. Complete turnoff!

You don't even need a whole lot of manpower to do some of this stuff. You could get a professor with a few bright students in the IS program to do a hell of a website and keep it updated regularly. We have a half a page of adds and a Project2010 .pdf...news flash we are half way done with 2011.

Archived