UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SEASON TICKET RENEWALS

There really is no excuse for this nonsense. I emailed Carmelina in the Alumni office about discrepancies in the "Tickets Renewal" brochure and she said she knew nothing (which is vey rare--because she has always been a HUGE help before) and the ticket office is totally separate. I emailed them only to have the ticket email address reject.

Someone on this blog must have connections with Charlie Voelker or higher and find out what the deal is for renewals (if no "deal" for renewals, at least some common courtesies for our loyalty would be appropriate) and WHY the brochure sends people to the web site for NON-EXISTANT information about a multi-sport stadium??

The sad but true thing is that it isn't the job of the Alumni Association to pick up the short comings of the Athletic Department...as alums we are use to them (Alumni Association) filling in for what seems to be an inefficient and ineffective Athletic Department, but it's not their job. They're there to help inform and tie alumns to what the Athletic Department is doing..but if the Athletic Department doesn't do anything well...then you have the situation we're in. You'd think that after the AA created Danger Zone which has more to do w/ current students than alums the Athletic Department would get the hint... but seeing this ticket debacle it looks like it's only getting worse...just my humble observation.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed all around. And like i have said for awhile now...a major change at the top. I am sick and tired of hearing, "our hands are tied...finances." I work with public funded agencies and universities everyday who are able to manage with much less but much more effectively than our Athletic Dept. It is quite sad...really.

Agreed all around. And like i have said for awhile now...a major change at the top. I am sick and tired of hearing, "our hands are tied...finances." I work with public funded agencies and universities everyday who are able to manage with much less but much more effectively than our Athletic Dept. It is quite sad...really.

It seems like even before the economy slumped they had this issue of lack of follow through or consistency. I don't like bashing our Athletic Department as I love to support our teams, it's just the back office stuff that's getting annoying because sometimes it seems like there is this disconnect between them and us. Which is odd since if there were no fans paying for tickets they'd probably be out of a job.

I have friends and family that have season hoops tickets at schools like Marist and Central Conn. and Hockey season tix at RPI and Union . Compared to these places we get NOTHING other than the seats we sit in. Those fans willing to shell out for a full season commitment should get some type of "Perk"--we get none.

I have friends and family that have season hoops tickets at schools like Marist and Central Conn. and Hockey season tix at RPI and Union . Compared to these places we get NOTHING other than the seats we sit in. Those fans willing to shell out for a full season commitment should get some type of "Perk"--we get none.

How does the price compare to what your friends and family pay???

How does the price compare to what your friends and family pay???

I can only talk to RPI hockey season tickets out of the above. They give discount for alumni and for paying by June 15. Price we paid for season tickets with approx 18 regular season games + 3 playoff games was $188. General public paying before 6/15 is $228. After 6/15 is $240. Since my buddy is alumni he orders them. I don't if he gets any other "perks" besides the discount.

We really need some professionalism added to the Athletic Department. The athletic store has the same few items for sale for years. Some undergraduate will eventually get around to filling orders or maybe not. We get mixed messages about major initiatives like the stadium. Is there a stadium initiave or not? This is a business. Run it like a business. Hire some people with experience from major state university athletic programs like Michigan or UNC. Invest in the business with some talent and it'll pay for itself. I just don't understand this mentality. The athletic department shouldn't be making supporters fight to buy tickets, donate money, etc. They should be facilitating it.

Well put! The lack of foresight and planning is beyond comical at this point.

Sad state of affairs, the thing is I and I'm sure others have asked for there to be a more robust store, better information on the website, better communication to supporters but no...it's like pulling teeth. Complete turnoff!

You don't even need a whole lot of manpower to do some of this stuff. You could get a professor with a few bright students in the IS program to do a hell of a website and keep it updated regularly. We have a half a page of adds and a Project2010 .pdf...news flash we are half way done with 2011.

This has been my major gripe with the university for some time. Everything is run half ass...like a high school athletic program at best. The merchandise on the web never changes. why not link it with the bookstore site that has far more items? I have been a varsity club memeber for 6 years...but have not recieved my t-shirt for the last 3. Project 2010???? seriously??? I called to have my basketball and football season tickets mailed to a new address...they went to the old one. returning a phone call...maybe a 50/50 proposition. Those are just a few gripes off the top of the old noggin. The little things mean the most and UA just doesn't get it.

Completely with you on the bolded part. In the past there was a letter sent out with explanation on how to renew, what if any discount you'd get by renewing early etc. This year? A half assed sheet folded in three.

boo-google-boo.gif

We really need some professionalism added to the Athletic Department. The athletic store has the same few items for sale for years. Some undergraduate will eventually get around to filling orders or maybe not. We get mixed messages about major initiatives like the stadium. Is there a stadium initiave or not? This is a business. Run it like a business. Hire some people with experience from major state university athletic programs like Michigan or UNC. Invest in the business with some talent and it'll pay for itself. I just don't understand this mentality. The athletic department shouldn't be making supporters fight to buy tickets, donate money, etc. They should be facilitating it.

Well put! The lack of foresight and planning is beyond comical at this point.

Sad state of affairs, the thing is I and I'm sure others have asked for there to be a more robust store, better information on the website, better communication to supporters but no...it's like pulling teeth. Complete turnoff!

You don't even need a whole lot of manpower to do some of this stuff. You could get a professor with a few bright students in the IS program to do a hell of a website and keep it updated regularly. We have a half a page of adds and a Project2010 .pdf...news flash we are half way done with 2011.

This has been my major gripe with the university for some time. Everything is run half ass...like a high school athletic program at best. The merchandise on the web never changes. why not link it with the bookstore site that has far more items? I have been a varsity club memeber for 6 years...but have not recieved my t-shirt for the last 3. Project 2010???? seriously??? I called to have my basketball and football season tickets mailed to a new address...they went to the old one. returning a phone call...maybe a 50/50 proposition. Those are just a few gripes off the top of the old noggin. The little things mean the most and UA just doesn't get it.

Them shipping them to tickets to old addresses has happened to 3 other people I know who moved, provided a new address when buying new tickets and low and behold they mail them to the old address and don't get them in time for the first game. It's called an excel file to store addresses... shouldn't be that hard haha.

Archived