UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

basketball tickets

alexfamous

Can someone explain to me the ticket situation for the $iena game this season ? Is UA going to be selling tickets to season ticket holders per years past ? or should I just buy from ticketmaster ?

You should call Brian as well. As far as I know from talking to him when I renewed season tixs, nothing has changed. They will still have $iena tickets, they will still be crappy seats and money spent on tickets everywhere but UA will still go to evil.

Just got my season tickets. There was a note in there about buying tickets for the Albany-Siena game. Also tickets for the Pitt and games at Syracuse.

Got mine as well...the letter states that UA box office will sell tickets to the Siena game so please make sure you contact our ticket office so proceeds go to UA.

Just got my season tickets. There was a note in there about buying tickets for the Albany-Siena game. Also tickets for the Pitt and games at Syracuse.

Got mine as well...the letter states that UA box office will sell tickets to the Siena game so please make sure you contact our ticket office so proceeds go to UA.

When I got my BB season tickets Wednesday,(he gave them to me before the VB game) they did not physically have the tickets yet for the LCC game. They are taking orders. I can wait until later. If they have appropiate tickets, I'll buy them. If they don't and want to put me behind the basket again, there is no reason for my money to go for this game.

When I got my BB season tickets Wednesday,(he gave them to me before the VB game) they did not physically have the tickets yet for the LCC game. They are taking orders. I can wait until later. If they have appropiate tickets, I'll buy them. If they don't and want to put me behind the basket again, there is no reason for my money to go for this game.

The thought did cross my mind to watch this game on TW3...especially if I can't get decent seats. Just a thought though, I'll probably still go.

I'm going to lend some vocal support, regardless where I sit. I can watch the game on TW at my leisure.

This is why UA hasn't insisted on a fair deal yet.

This is the only game I would skip for reasons other than I can't get the day off from work.

That being said, I am told tickets for the LCC game have arrived. 2 prices levels. lower price for the same crappy seats and higher price for better seats. Still not ideal, but better. Now it is up to the team to beat them again to drive more of their fans away by the next contract :lol:

Not to start a big discussion on this again.... but as long as this is an away game and not a joint venture, we won't get the best seats. Where were our seats in the Dean Dome, Carrier Dome, etc? They were even worse. We get a little spoiled going to away games at AE venues, because they either don't have bad seats or the attendence is so poor we can sit in the best seats ( like BU). Bob, if it wasn't Siena, you wouldn't have the same attitude. Until the game changes to a nuetral type of format, like Texas Oklahoma football, it will be this way. If that happens, I think the event will be even better. (We do get the income from our tickets, so there is benefit, besides a close away game)

To me, it is not so much that the seats are bad (that is a given for an away game). It is the unfair revenue distribution, with no alternate (home/away contract). When we go to the Dome,or Duke or Pitt, we are WELL compensated. If there is noway to do a home/away contract (and their probably is noway) then we should be compensated like any other one way "money" game; especially since in this case, we provide at least half the attendance.

Not to start a big discussion on this again.... but as long as this is an away game and not a joint venture, we won't get the best seats. Where were our seats in the Dean Dome, Carrier Dome, etc? They were even worse. We get a little spoiled going to away games at AE venues, because they either don't have bad seats or the attendence is so poor we can sit in the best seats ( like BU). Bob, if it wasn't Siena, you wouldn't have the same attitude. Until the game changes to a nuetral type of format, like Texas Oklahoma football, it will be this way. If that happens, I think the event will be even better. (We do get the income from our tickets, so there is benefit, besides a close away game)

You got your which came first the chicken or the egg backwards. I don't have a problem with this because it is LCC. I have a problem with LCC because of this. Back in the 90's I could be talked into going to their games. Now, they are the only team (college or minor league) in the capital region that will not even get a dime from me. I would have a problem if we went to any team 10 or 11 times in a row when we are the draw. You want to talk Carrier dome. Try getting a ticket for the Georgetown game or Uconn compared to ours or LCC when they played there. Not even a comparison as to which games are the "Hot" ticket. Yet at LCC, we are the attraction. This game draws 3 or 4 thousand more fans than they even attempt to sell for any other game. Thus the problem with playing "at LCC" every year.

I have no problem with making it a "neutral" site game. I also would have no problem with "seeing" them every other season with good seats and then if I could make the "away" game and I would have no problem sitting wherever. You mention BU, the only AE away team I have not yet seen play in their own building. I have no problem with whatever seats they or any AE team give us because they are at Albany half the time. I went to both UVM-UA AE championship games. Obviously the seats in Vermont weren't as good as at home. But UVM earned home court advantage the year they had it so that was fine. LCC has earned nothing.

Archived